Panzerjäger Forum Legend kyle19's Avatar
    Species
    Mutt
    This
    This'd 17 Times in 12 Posts

Default Re: Mini rants for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Mike View Post
    It was 17 F >:C
    Thats nothin, maybe you should get a better jacket.

2,500 Club
    This
    This'd 756 Times in 429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyle19 View Post
    Thats nothin, maybe you should get a better jacket.
    Jacket!? Ahahaha!

Post-rock Crusader 2,500 Club Cyril's Avatar
    Species
    Red Panda
    This
    This'd 667 Times in 334 Posts

Rant: It was so cold outside this morning and such a climate change from yesterday that my nose started bleeding on the way to class.

Lizzie, screw off <_<
    Oh, if you want to see
    Go on and tear it out of me

>Written Character Ref<

they call me yolo swaggins Forum Legend Aidy's Avatar
    Species
    ainsley harriot
    This
    This'd 583 Times in 245 Posts

Northern Rail employees >:c
    Virgin Trains employees are so nice, this morning one asked how my day was and that put me in a good mood so I had a good day at College. When I was coming home I caught a train operated by Northern Rail, and the guard was a complete arsehole towards everyone, he shouted at this one guy for not seeing him so he didn't get his ticket out straight away, then when we got off we had to show our tickets to even more Northern Rail ticket inspectors, and they were so rude to everyone >:cccccccccc

They aren't all bad, just the train guards really. Everyone else is nice c:
    Petitions pertaining FA work as much as Petitions in North Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavrill View Post
    roses are red violets are blue i have a gun get in the van
    Quote Originally Posted by yuuwolfman View Post
    use smaller words
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn1496 View Post
    Not in sane furry standards. If bestiality is "normal" to you, you're in the wrong fandom, buddy.

Prime Minister of Belgium Forum Legend General-jwj's Avatar
    Belgium (our Prime Minister makes bowties look COOL)
    Species
    Elio Di Rupo
    This
    This'd 264 Times in 177 Posts

Rant : getting back home from school at 7PM with a killer headache, still having to eat supper, take a shower and do some homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake English
    GT: Right o! If a man believes hard enough in imaginary things then i dare say that makes them slightly less fake!
    Is having a huge Johhny Cash fanboy boner right now.

My almost-empty FA is here

Species
    Dragon
    This
    This'd 419 Times in 244 Posts

If there was ever a example of how fundamentally incompatible the EU is with democracy, just look at what is happening today. The Greek prime minister DARED to ask the people who put him in power if they wanted to implement the EU bailout plan, and he is being crucified. Not only is it being demanded of him to retract his referendum, but he is being told to resign.

Apparently he didn't get the memo that the EU is a dictatorship in planning and he was supposed to simply do as he was told, without paying any attention to what the people of his country actually think.

All this chaos, all because a vote was brought up. I know the EU puts together 10+ year plans that don't account for the will of the people at all, but this is a joke. Democracy is like holy water to a vampire when it comes to the EU, they cannot stand it.

Species
    Ham sandwich
    This
    This'd 1,109 Times in 527 Posts

The problem is, the Greek prime minister agreed to certain things, which he needed to agree to in order to get the money he needs.
    Then after everything was agreed on, he went "Oops gonna ask the people after all lol " and the people will probably vote against what the minister already agreed on, but they'll still expect the financial support.

The people elected the PM, the PM made a promise needed to keep his country from dragging down everyone else. He already knew what his people thought beforehand, they have been making it very clear.

Species
    Skin Painter
    This
    This'd 1,618 Times in 671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ADF View Post
    If there was ever a example of how fundamentally incompatible the EU is with democracy, just look at what is happening today. The Greek prime minister DARED to ask the people who put him in power if they wanted to implement the EU bailout plan, and he is being crucified. Not only is it being demanded of him to retract his referendum, but he is being told to resign.

Apparently he didn't get the memo that the EU is a dictatorship in planning and he was supposed to simply do as he was told, without paying any attention to what the people of his country actually think.

All this chaos, all because a vote was brought up. I know the EU puts together 10+ year plans that don't account for the will of the people at all, but this is a joke. Democracy is like holy water to a vampire when it comes to the EU, they cannot stand it.
    An international fiscal union--the Euro countries do need such a union to share a currency--is much like a social contract between states. Member states give up some of their autonomy in order to reap the benefits of economic integration. Putting the bailout plan to a vote is equivalent to rejecting it, which brings Greece back to the brink of a disorderly default. If Papandreou wants to follow a different plan for partial restructuring then he should have the guts to propose something and argue its benefits instead of implicitly rejecting a deal he helped negotiate. Of course in the end he backed down from the referendum because he has never been willing to face bankruptcy and leaving the Euro.
    Avatar from the Hugo-winning Digger comic by Ursula Vernon.

Species
    Dragon
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Thaily View Post
    The problem is, the Greek prime minister agreed to certain things, which he needed to agree to in order to get the money he needs.
    Then after everything was agreed on, he went "Oops gonna ask the people after all lol " and the people will probably vote against what the minister already agreed on, but they'll still expect the financial support.

The people elected the PM, the PM made a promise needed to keep his country from dragging down everyone else. He already knew what his people thought beforehand, they have been making it very clear.
    I wouldn't say Greece has agreed to anything, they don't really have a choice in the matter. They are ceasing to be a sovereign entity as the EU is insistent on taking control of the country to ensure it does everything needed to protect the Eurozone. Greece would have defaulted ages ago if this wasn't the case. It doesn't really matter who the Greek people elect, as they would simply have to obey the IMF and EU.

So you can imagine the EUs shock when this puppet nation suddenly tried to actually represent its people.

Quote Originally Posted by Onnes View Post
    An international fiscal union--the Euro countries do need such a union to share a currency--is much like a social contract between states. Member states give up some of their autonomy in order to reap the benefits of economic integration. Putting the bailout plan to a vote is equivalent to rejecting it, which brings Greece back to the brink of a disorderly default. If Papandreou wants to follow a different plan for partial restructuring then he should have the guts to propose something and argue its benefits instead of implicitly rejecting a deal he helped negotiate. Of course in the end he backed down from the referendum because he has never been willing to face bankruptcy and leaving the Euro.
    Not a single person has voted for the EU in its current form. We all voted for a trade union in the 1970s, but they have practically pulled a bait and switch; and turned into this economic and soon to be political union.

The stated goal of the EU is to become the United States of Europe. They are going to have to take away a lot more than just some of their autonomy in order for that to be created.

This is an entirely political construct. Set up by politicians, for politicians. They don't care how much pain they inflict in order to achieve their goals, and they will turn Greece into a indebted servant; if that is what it takes to preserve the EU.
    Last edited by ADF; 11-03-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Species
    Skin Painter
    This

Not a single person has voted for the EU in its current form. We all voted for a trade union in the 1970s, but they have practically pulled a bait and switch; and turned into this economic and soon to be political union.
    Welcome to representative democracy, this is how it works.

The stated goal of the EU is to become the United States of Europe. They are going to have to take away a lot more than just some of their autonomy in order for that to be created.
    Stated by whom?

Species
    Dragon
    This

Welcome to representative democracy, this is how it works.
    I get the impression you think the decision to join the trade union was one done by our elected representatives, when it wasn't. The people actually got a vote, and many of them voted yes; as they saw a trade union as being in their countries advantages.

No one voted for the EU, what it is today is far separate from what everyone voted for. When the daily mail held a poll from their readers, 80% of them said they wanted to renegotiate our relationship with the EU. Because no one asked for this, no one voted for this. We have been pushed into a political construct that is slowely eating away at our sovereignty; without being given any say on if we wanted in.

A recent e-petition reached the necessary 100,000 signatures needed for the topic of a EU referendum to be debated in parliament. The career politicians at the top was so terrified by this question, that a three line whip was implemented on all three major parties. This means they weren't allowed to vote freely on a EU referendum, their vote was dictated; under threat of disciplinary action if they didn't do as they were told. They were forced to vote against it.

Whenever the EU is involved, democracy suffers. And it is clear that the public are screaming out that, at the very least, they want to renegotiate our relationship with the EU.

Stated by whom?
    It has been on the news for months. Over and over again the solution posed is the same, full economic and political integration with the EU is being deemed the only solution to this crisis. Effectively, the United States of Europe, the total loss of sovereignty and the creation of a new country. What UK news has been debating is the UK's relationship with this new entity, should it actually be created.
    Last edited by ADF; 11-03-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Retired Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    This
    This'd 5,757 Times in 2,027 Posts

Wave 10/10 on Killing Floor, on my own as everyone died, only ~100 left. Not doing too badly, just picked up some armour and ammo. Might make it.

THEY START A FUCKING MAP VOTE INSTEAD

LOL MAP CHANGING TO WESTLONDON, SORRY BRO

FUCK YOU GUYS

FUCK

YOU
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierientzal View Post
    I am a programmer who does ruby, so turn the light off me, and if I DID do that shit, I would have done it already and fried your cpu like freaking KFC.
    <lolocaust> sometimes danger lurks on #furaffinity was flooded the board because nobody loves biker shorts

Species
    Ham sandwich
    This
    This'd 1,109 Times in 527 Posts

Greece agreed to take 100 billion and another 150 billion as a loan in exchange for budget cuts so they won't tank our communal currency and screw us all over. Something that would not have been an issue had they not lied about their finances when joining the EU in the first place, something that's a 100% voluntary.

No pity.

oops 2,500 Club Evan of Phrygia's Avatar
    Species
    Folf
    This
    This'd 350 Times in 179 Posts

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariosto
    Omnibus ignoscit amor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    more people need to sig my things.
    ​rocket.

Species
    Dragon
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Thaily View Post
    Greece agreed to take 100 billion and another 150 billion as a loan in exchange for budget cuts so they won't tank our communal currency and screw us all over. Something that would not have been an issue had they not lied about their finances when joining the EU in the first place, something that's a 100% voluntary.

No pity.
    I don't recall the Greek people getting any say on any of those bailouts. I do however recall the career politicians that illegitimately got Greece into the Eurozone with the help of Goldman Sachs fudging their economic data; have been bending over backwards for their EU masters on command.

It's questionable how much of Greece's debt is even legitimate, hence the legal campaign going on over there.

Za Rodinu! Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Rifleman
    This
    This'd 5,446 Times in 2,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Wave 10/10 on Killing Floor, on my own as everyone died, only ~100 left. Not doing too badly, just picked up some armour and ammo. Might make it.

THEY START A FUCKING MAP VOTE INSTEAD

LOL MAP CHANGING TO WESTLONDON, SORRY BRO

FUCK YOU GUYS

FUCK

YOU
    It's sad, because that's the most uninteresting and overplayed map in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRob View Post
    I value my opinions and they're being attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilmeleon View Post
    I get emotional as I take being a furry seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneer View Post
    What we don't need is yes men. Opinions and ideas of all kinds are are welcomed.

Species
    Skin Painter
    This

I don't recall the Greek people getting any say on any of those bailouts. I do however recall the career politicians that illegitimately got Greece into the Eurozone with the help of Goldman Sachs fudging their economic data; have been bending over backwards for their EU masters on command.
    You are still arguing that representative democracy is illegitimate.

Species
    Dragon
    This

You are still arguing that representative democracy is illegitimate.
    In the context of my response to you, again; the example given was not representative democracy. It was a public vote.

In the example of Greece, did the Greek people elect their leaders under the policy of breaking international law and submitting false economic information; when applying for membership of the EU? Do you think anyone in the Greek public were aware of what their so called representatives were doing?

Being an elected representative does not give you permission to do whatever you want; and just claim it was what the people wanted because they voted for you. What the Greek government did was illegal, not one voter was aware it was going on. Fast forward to today, and not a single Greek voter has had any say on these bail out plans. The Greek government 'no longer represents the will of their people', their role is to simply do as the EU dictates; and not pay any attention to what their people have to say about it.

The fact that all this chaos is going on at the suggestion that they would be asked makes that obvious. The Greek people aren't allowed to have any say in any of this.

You might as well say the British people don't want a vote on EU membership, because David Cameron refuses to give us one, no matter how much pressure we put on him to offer one. This from the man that said he give us "this cast iron guarantee, that if he becomes prime minister; the British public will be given a referendum on EU membership". Ok... he's prime minister, and he implemented a three line whip on the Tory party to vote against a referendum on the EU.

Complete 180 on his election campaign, and yet his decisions are supposed to represent my will?
    Last edited by ADF; 11-03-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Depreciate This The 5,000 Club Serbia Strong's Avatar
    Species
    Loan Provider
    This
    This'd 3,173 Times in 1,269 Posts

It's sad, because that's the most uninteresting and overplayed map in the game.
    Also the easiest to solo in.

Mini Rant: Looks like I got some sort of cough ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Commie Bat View Post
    my neighbors love my music so much.........they invited the police to come listen. Again.
    THERE IS NO FUCKING TOILET PAPER. ALLAH HAS FORSAKEN US.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Modernly_Classy_Dragon View Post
    On topic: My intellect, because I trust it more then some silly old book written over 2000 years ago.

Species
    Elio Di Rupo
    This

Politics an shit
    GT: Right o! If a man believes hard enough in imaginary things then i dare say that makes them slightly less fake!

Forum Legend
    This
    This'd 389 Times in 188 Posts

Speed PowerPoints; Pure evil.

It was 17 F >:C
    Pffft. That's swimming weather.

Depreciate This The 5,000 Club Serbia Strong's Avatar
    Species
    Loan Provider
    This
    This'd 3,173 Times in 1,269 Posts

All you cold people are Frozen barbarians.

FUCK! THE HIGH FOR SATURDAY IS 36 ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Commie Bat View Post
    my neighbors love my music so much.........they invited the police to come listen. Again.
    THERE IS NO FUCKING TOILET PAPER. ALLAH HAS FORSAKEN US.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Modernly_Classy_Dragon View Post
    On topic: My intellect, because I trust it more then some silly old book written over 2000 years ago.

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm Broke the 10K Barrier
    This
    This'd 3,742 Times in 1,885 Posts

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...es-arson-case/
    What the hell is wrong with people?
    (Woman sets fire to neighbor's house for defriending on facebook)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ad Hoc View Post
    I did do some weird shit with my fingers at MFF that made Fay V scream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    i confess i miss the original black hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteCaliente View Post
    I AM BECOME DEATH, EJACULATOR OF DOOMED WORLDS

Forum Legend
    This
    This'd 389 Times in 188 Posts

I spider just scurried across my desk, I don't know where it went either, and I hate spiders.

Let the hunt begin.

I think i'm pretty hot; thank you very much. :V

Species
    Elio Di Rupo
    This

FUCK! THE HIGH FOR SATURDAY IS 36 ;_;
    All you people are cold frozen foreigners that don't speak sense because 36°C is higher than any recorded temperature ever in Belgium these past five years. So you're speaking in a unit I don't understand and have no reference for. I hate you.

Thread Information