Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Fur Affinity/Furocity Joining Forces

Guess what mood I'm in today. 2,500 Club Cain's Avatar
    Species
    A Drastic Mood Swing
    This
    This'd 726 Times in 374 Posts

Default Re: Fur Affinity/Furocity Merger Announcement

Are the just the mainsites merging? Or will each site's forum merge together? (Please no :c)
    Bisexuals today seem underrepresented.
    It's like you can only be gay, or straight.
    Well fuck that.

BISEXUALS REPRESENT!
    Fuck yeah! Vaginas and penises!

Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    Species Unknown
    This
    This'd 3,419 Times in 1,558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dopy View Post
    The people's voice sure does matter, sure it's Dragoneer's site but without his users he's nothing, everyone should be allowed to voice his opinion, certainly about something as big as this. People thought the two sites would become one, wich would be stupid since furocity is largely dead and horribly structured, ALOT of people would leave if this happened, contrary to what you think, the two sites becoming one would be a very, very bad move for furaffinity's sake.
    1) Read what I said about an ingrained community. Look back at past "scandals" and see how that affected the userbase. It's a phenomenon in business where they can literally do whatever they want and still be successful. Even if 'Neer chose an option which most people didn't like, the userbase isn't going anywhere.

2) Businesses cannot function properly if it's customers are calling all the shots. They know what they would like to see the company do from an outward perspective, but they don't understand how it affects things from an inward perspective. Let's say there was a branch of a chain store in your town. Everyone loves it. Now let's say that despite that, it isn't getting enough business to stay profitable and the company wants to close it down. By the customer's decision, the company would have to keep open this ailing branch. Bad for business.

3) Since it sounds like FA is not adopting Furocity's community and structure, that's exactly what I'm talking about with the user's not having enough knowledge on the subject to make a decision. That assumption alone could get FA all riled up and stop what could easily be a very good step forward for FA. So, uhh, yea... thanks for proving my original point.

~A New Art Community~Coming Late Summer 2012~
    FA - Donation Drive!!! - Tumblr

3. The Following 3 Users agree with Xenke's Post:

Species
    Fox
    This
    This'd 2 Times in 2 Posts

Do Want DO WANT! I dont quite know what this will mean in the long run, but i HOPE one thing will come of it is designated chatrooms. Hopefully with the pooling of minds we might get something akin to (dare i say it) Deviantart's chat system. I was always sad to see that lacking and i think it would be a great idea to have chatrooms for multiple categories, one section for various roleplay chats, (for the roleplayers) One for plain old artist discussions maybe divided into subcategories, and one for Startup, intermediate, and advanced artists to interact with potential clients in real time and get more exposure based on skill level.

of course this is just my 2 cents, i see how beautifully furocity's galleries are laid out as well and i can see only bright things.

*gets on knees* are chatrooms likely in the future Dragoneer? please please PLEEAAAASE? (OH HEY an app for us iphone and ipad users would be awesome too.... okay im pushing it, i'll shut up now)

im so excited for the changes to those of you who fear change just think of the potential of how it will IMPROVE FA.

5. The Following User agrees with Foxenawolf's Post:

Chauvanist Pig Broke the 10K Barrier
    This
    This'd 2,832 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ta5tele55 View Post
    Does furocity have a mascot that Fender and Rednef can hug?
    Furocity's got a really cool robo-vixen mascot. I wonder if this will make a robo-Fender..

http://en.wikifur.com/w/images/3/3d/Furocity.png
    Quote Originally Posted by narutonfuzzi View Post
    my mom had an abortoin, i wish he swallowed my lil brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobar Re: What is this Weasyl.com thing all about?
    a bunch of traitors to dragoneers fandom that think they can take their ball and go play somewhere else without his permission
    Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    Banned. ModCP is being shitty so I had to use alternative methods, he can't post now. Now let us never mention him again, go back to talking about your pubic hair or whatever this thread is about.

Species
    Dragon
    This
    This'd 23 Times in 14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draken_The_Dragon View Post
    Yes, but it's also a user-based supported site. Notice how it needs donations to run? I'm pretty sure Dragoneer wouldn't pay for this thing entirely himself year after year. It's a government. Without the people, it collapses.
    Have YOU donated lately? The only donations they take are mail in. The rest comes from adds and Neer's pocket >

Lone Wolf
    This
    This'd 19 Times in 3 Posts

I suppose I really should throw my hat in the ring here, just to clear up as much as I possibly can.

First, the sites themselves are staying completely separate. What we are doing is combining our respective resources. FA will still be FA. Furocity will still be Furocity.

FA is gaining a group of excellent administrators, which will bring fair, impartial, and timely moderation. FA is also gaining a new programming staff, intent on finding and fixing problems, as well as working on a true update (read: recode) for FA, including many of the features that everyone has been clamoring for (journal favoriting, commission tracking, and more).

No one on FA or Furocity will have to change their usernames. The only real change that users will most likely see (at least until the real coding begins) is an decreased turnaround time when they have problems.

Hopefully this will assuage a few of your fears.
    Last edited by Daemonshyai; 07-14-2011 at 06:28 AM.

9. The Following 15 Users agree with Daemonshyai's Post:

Species
    Feline
    This
    This'd 47 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    It is indeed, but the site still runs on users, you need to keep the users happy, last I know FA takes an insane amount of money to run on, doubtingly he would ever scrape up that much at the end of the year every year without donations.

Users not happy = leaving = boycotting = donations drop = FA gonna die sooner or later

I sincerely doubt this kind of thing will happen. Users are on FA because they like FA. And since the two sites are remaining independent, it's not an issue. In my humble opine, I think "what if"ing should be kept to a minimum for now. There's obviously a lot for the two Owners to discuss still.

11. The Following User agrees with Rhazafax's Post:

Now with leash and collar! Pirate Draken_The_Dragon's Avatar
    Species
    Dragon
    This
    This'd 11 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eske View Post
    No company owner is expected to take a poll asking every last one of his employees whether a merger would be a good idea or not. You do not get special rights of power and opinion when joining a website. You're free to express yourself however you like, but that doesn't mean anyone has to listen.

Now out of sheer curiosity; I'd like to know why you find Furocity so horrifying? Are there tangible reasons for your dislike, or is it simply another excuse to rage over this whole situation?
    Gotta love being ganged up on for opinions..
    Never said I demanded I be listened to (though that would be great, being a user, but one among thousands)

It's my, again, opinion, that I don't like the site. Great thing is, like you said, I don't have to listen
    Lost poet and dreamer...
    Grant me wings that I might fly
    My restless soul is longing
    No pain remains, no feeling
    Eternity awaits
    Music keeps my heart going..

Banned Post Crusader
    Species
    Kangaroo
    This
    This'd 16 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonshyai View Post
    I suppose I really should throw my hat in the ring here, just to clear up as much as I possibly can.

First, the sites themselves are staying completely separate. What we are doing is combining our respective resources. FA will still be FA. Furocity will still be Furocity.

FA is gaining a group of excellent administrators, which will bring fair, impartial, and timely moderation. FA is also gaining a new programming staff, intent on finding and fixing problems, as well as working on a true update (read: recode) for FA, including many of the features that everyone has been clamoring for (journal favoriting, commission tracking, and more).

No one on FA or Furocity will have to change their usernames. The only real change that users will most likely see (at least until the real coding begins) is an increased turnaround time when they have problems.

That's not called a merger, that's called a co-op... sharing resources (people, property)

dat kitty demon Pack Member Syntex's Avatar
    Species
    Demonic Lioness
    This
    This'd 20 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazafax View Post
    I sincerely doubt this kind of thing will happen. Users are on FA because they like FA. And since the two sites are remaining independent, it's not an issue. In my humble opine, I think "what if"ing should be kept to a minimum for now. There's obviously a lot for the two Owners to discuss still.
    Of course, I know their not going to merge, but for future reference, I'm just saying, I like that FA is going to get better with the staff of Furocity coming over.

All I'm wondering is why this took an entire year to agree upon....

Species
    Dragon
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Sciggles View Post
    Have YOU donated lately? The only donations they take are mail in. The rest comes from adds and Neer's pocket >
    have you sucked up enough? I don't give a crap about your hurt ego because I said something RESPECTABLY SMART about your boyfriend. Get off you're high horse and stop reading my posts as attacking. But yea, I have AND noticed its ADS. Not entirely his pocket.
    Lost poet and dreamer...
    Eternity awaits

16. The Following 3 Users agree with Draken_The_Dragon's Post:

Dark Master Pack Member
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not sure whether or not I should be pissed or not,I mean,we were never asked if we wanted this,so,utter disregard for users of both sites,but,I'll agree this could be a positive change for both sites...Just so long as moderators and users aren't going to be confused by new rules.
    "Only two things are eternal,the universe and human stupidity,and I'm not so sure about the universe."-Albert Einstein

Species
    bunny
    This
    This'd 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenke View Post
    1) Read what I said about an ingrained community. Look back at past "scandals" and see how that affected the userbase. It's a phenomenon in business where they can literally do whatever they want and still be successful. Even if 'Neer chose an option which most people didn't like, the userbase isn't going anywhere.

2) Businesses cannot function properly if it's customers are calling all the shots. They know what they would like to see the company do from an outward perspective, but they don't understand how it affects things from an inward perspective. Let's say there was a branch of a chain store in your town. Everyone loves it. Now let's say that despite that, it isn't getting enough business to stay profitable and the company wants to close it down. By the customer's decision, the company would have to keep open this ailing branch. Bad for business.

3) Since it sounds like FA is not adopting Furocity's community and structure, that's exactly what I'm talking about with the user's not having enough knowledge on the subject to make a decision. That assumption alone could get FA all riled up and stop what could easily be a very good step forward for FA. So, uhh, yea... thanks for proving my original point.
    1) Trust me, people would leave if something like this would happen.

2) FA isn't a business and neer relies on donations, without users there's no donations, without donations there's no FA

3) I know it's not merging, i'm just saying if it "were" merging, and no, again, this would be a very bad choice for FA, not a "good step forward".

This
    This'd 19 Times in 10 Posts

Agreed, 'merger' is the incorrect term for this. It is a coop in which resources are shared. You know what I have yet to see? What furocity gaining from this.

Species
    Feline
    This
    This'd 47 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Williamca View Post
    You know what I have yet to see? What furocity gaining from this.
    Traffic.

This
    Agreed With 5 Times in 1 Post

in during shitstorm of manchildren who don't know how to accept change and adjust.

22. The Following 5 Users agree with VanillaDoggo's Post:

Species
    bunny
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Williamca View Post
    Agreed, 'merger' is the incorrect term for this. It is a coop in which resources are shared. You know what I have yet to see? What furocity gaining from this.
    free publicity, duh.

Lone Wolf
    Species
    Werewolf
    This
    Agreed With 5 Times in 1 Post

If this means that FA will actually get the website/web programming expertise I've seen over on Furocity, then it's definitely a good thing.

25. The Following 5 Users agree with wolfbeast's Post:

Deathcorps Deathlord Broke the 10K Barrier
    [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
    Species
    Blood Elf Death knight
    This
    This'd 3,156 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draken_The_Dragon View Post
    have you sucked up enough? I don't give a crap about your hurt ego because I said something RESPECTABLY SMART about your boyfriend. Get off you're high horse and stop reading my posts as attacking. But yea, I have AND noticed its ADS. Not entirely his pocket.
    1) Keep it civil.

2) She is right, The Donations from FA are sent by mail. And since not a lot of users donate to FA it, most comes out of the head Admin's pocket. With Ads, it is still not enough to cover the cost of the necessities that keep the site afloat.

So chill.
    Last edited by Ozriel; 07-14-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Mike View Post
    Asking furries to stop being dumb is like asking China to respect human rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Excuse me you run of the mill Deathknight? My mouth is simply the best! It's BEAUTIFUL! 4 out of 5 furries said they'd like to stick THEIR DICK into MY MOUTH!

27. The Following 5 Users agree with Ozriel's Post:

Lone Wolf
    This
    This'd 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonshyai View Post

No one on FA or Furocity will have to change their usernames. The only real change that users will most likely see (at least until the real coding begins) is an decreased turnaround time when they have problems.

Only thing I haven't had answered: are rules carrying over? Yes or no. If yes, what ones?

Zael Pack Member
    Species
    Skunk
    This

Unhappy Do Not Want!

I love how this is the first news of this and that there was no voting or asking of anykind

This just sounds like a Dying site (Furocity) is just trying to hang on by joing forces with a much more successful site.

Cant wait for the Flood of pissed off people to flood my journal box
    thank god for a nuke button!

IMO the only thing this will bring to the table is more rules and more personal conflict between admins and more down time for the website!
    RAINBOW

Lone Wolf
    This
    This'd 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fluffdance View Post
    "We know that many of you have been asking for (and demanding) change -- it was quite difficult to keep this under our respective hats!"

...But oh so easy to continue allowing the "administrative structure" to operate on the will of its individual counterparts rather than as a team, ignoring the ToS as posted, playing favorites, targeting users based on personal conflicts, lying to the "vast wealth of users," ignoring security issues, wasting donation money without considering alternatives, providing no traceable records of money spent, etc. etc. etc. If the administration of FA cared about anything to do with the site other than a place to feel good about their blatant abuse of a position of power, it would not take a site merger to make changes, and if anyone is thinking that this merger will bring about changes, so long as the administration team continues to be the sum of its individual parts, then there will be no change; only a larger group of individuals acting on their own will with complete disregard to the community.

Also, what the hell is "Furocity?"
    i so agree with you on that...its just crazy how that is though when you see others breaking the rules doing that all the time but when you try to do it like say post a sl mod you did on sl, then you got trolls on your rear and an admin "asking" you to remove it because you didn't make the avatar though just the mod for it.... >.> fun fun fun

Species
    bunny
    This

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast View Post
    If this means that FA will actually get the website/web programming expertise I've seen over on Furocity, then it's definitely a good thing.
    That's funny because they got no programming expertise, they got all their stuff coded by a company, none of what they have is coded by their staff.

32. The Following User agrees with dopy's Post:

Species
    Dragon
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke Shadowfyre View Post
    1) Keep it civil.

2) She is right, The Donations from FA are sent by mail. And since not a lot of users donate to FA it, most comes out of the head Admin's pocket. Even with Ads, it is still not enough.

So chill.
    I am chill, it's everybody else flipping on people like me for giving their opinions like they are. Yea, I know its by mail, it wasn't before though. I don't need to be attacked by a bunch of raging furries posting their opinions attcking me for posting mine. You guys are acting up as much as I am.
    Lost poet and dreamer...
    Eternity awaits

This

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneer View Post
    Negative. Daemonshyai and myself are both US citizens.
    Oh. I thought Furocity was UK based >.<
    Whee~

Quote Originally Posted by vixyyfox
    look at the punctuation as musical notations...
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxtigr
    Fapping is NOT a cure for Lawyer, you'll just rant more happily and your paws will be sticky

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information