The 5,000 Club
    Species
    Murasadramon
    This
    This'd 368 Times in 108 Posts

Default Re: AUP Update - January 19, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Accountability View Post
    Oh boy. Let's see...

This is a rather... interesting... rule. Uh, I'll just illustrate the problems it presents.

Tada. That took all of five minutes. It's a comic, and it has a story and it uses sprites that I didn't make. This is another one of those things where how it's used needs to be taken into account.
    I'll be honest - we don't take quality into account. That would be permitted. Would I agree with it personally? No. If it were up to me there wouldn't be sprite-anything except for those made by users. But I can see where there /are/ some uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Accountability View Post
    Unfortunately, for all you new fans of Adventures of the Stolen Sprite, I can't upload the poster for my book signing since it's only words.
    If it's /just/ plain text, no. If you do a design, something solid... that's fine. Hence why just "basic text".
    Follow @furaffinity and @faunited, our official convention, on Twitter for updates and more!

Pack Member
    This
    This'd 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oddy View Post
    Done.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.
    Sorry, but that post just stinks...

(see original post for punchline)
    Last edited by shentino; 01-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Species
    ...demon werewolf
    This
    This'd 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shentino View Post
    Sorry, but that post just stinks.
    BOOOOOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xipoid View Post
    Being human is wonderful. It allows me to do things most others could not even begin to conceive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakar Kerarmor View Post
    Fuck you I'm a timelord.
    "Without the audience, I wouldn't be talking to you here, I'm...laying bricks someplace......Which would give me great joy, by the way." - Ronnie James Dio

Alpha Wolf
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

I really don't understand the screenshot limitations. It makes no sense to me that we can't upload things modified in-game and have to have made everything 100% from scratch.

Meanwhile you have no problem with us uploading something made in 4 seconds in mspaint and linking to the screenshots in the description (something I clarified repeatedly with dragoneer the last time the AUP changed).

How is it preferable that people upload random crap and use the description field to show stuff off than to just *let them upload the stuff they want to show off*?

Lone Wolf
    This

Since my original post has been ignored; I'm going to ask the same question again...

Would it be possible for you to bold the sections of the AUP that're changed, for the benefit of colourblind users, please?

It's almost impossible for me to see red text against black text because the font is so weedy/thin :/

Nerf Herder
    This

I have a question about the "Tracing and plagiarism are not permitted on FA, and images confirmed to be traced or plagiarized will be removed from the site without warning." rule.

I used cover art from the Sonic comic as a referance to get a pose right for a Sonic OC (I do this to help me learn the anatomy of the style) , the pose is similar but not traced. If I sight the referance image can I post it?

Nerf Herder
    This

Just to be very clear since what I do seems to fall somewhere between the screenshot and re-texturing rules I'll just toss up an example or two and get a ruling I guess.. I'd rather take stuff down than have it taken down.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5488471

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5719356

I 'paint' cars in the Forza games and put the pictures up here as well as the Forza site. I make the images with basic shapes, squares, circles, curves etc. that I manipulate. I would liken this to the Lego analogy earlier in this thread. All the designs are fur inspired, a good number even have tails, horns or ears. I don't use company logos like Volk or things like that and I make sure to state that the game and the cars in question aren't my creation, just the paint job is mine.

Species
    fox lycanthrope
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneer View Post

FA respects the work of artists and content creators. Tracing and plagiarism are not permitted on FA, and images confirmed to be traced or plagiarized will be removed from the site without warning. First offenders will receive a one time warning, in addition to a suspension and a potential gallery wipe. A second offense will result in a permanent suspension.

I find it funny how OUTRAGED people have been getting about SOPA, and yet this is the same thing, just on a smaller scale.....

You're In Like With Me Nerf Herder Black Vulpine's Avatar
    Species
    Fox
    This

Default Hosting art on external sites

Say that I created something that I'm not allowed or able to post on here because it's a video or a screenshot, but still wanted to showcase on here as a submission. What I might do is have written on the image something along the lines of, "EXTERNAL LINK: use link in submission description to view content". What I would like to know: Is it OK if I do this?

I have done such a thing on InkBunny at one point, and as such, I hereby present it to you here as an example. Click here to view it. Don't worry, the pic in the external link is just a sensible one.

Lost to this world Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    Derpfox
    This
    This'd 4,871 Times in 2,003 Posts

Default Re: Hosting art on external sites

Quote Originally Posted by Black Vulpine View Post
    Say that I created something that I'm not allowed or able to post on here because it's a video or a screenshot, but still wanted to showcase on here as a submission. What I might do is have written on the image something along the lines of, "EXTERNAL LINK: use link in submission description to view content". What I would like to know: Is it OK if I do this?

I have done such a thing on InkBunny at one point, and as such, I hereby present it to you here as an example. Click here to view it. Don't worry, the pic in the external link is just a sensible one.
    Something like this http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7137279 is okay.
    The external link is fine to put in the description, the difference between my example and yours is having a photo submission or art submission versus just words saying "external link" you can't just post basic text as an image submission

Alpha Wolf
    This

Default Re: Hosting art on external sites

Quote Originally Posted by Black Vulpine View Post

I asked Dragoneer about this repeatedly last time the rules changed and he said repeatedly that yes, this is okay.

You can make any shit you want in 4 seconds in mspaint and post it, just for the sake of putting something in the description.

Motterator 2,500 Club Summercat's Avatar
    Species
    otter
    This
    This'd 218 Times in 109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart1125 View Post
    I find it funny how OUTRAGED people have been getting about SOPA, and yet this is the same thing, just on a smaller scale.....
    The difference between what you quoted and SOPA is that we do not nuke images on someone's say so - we have to check to see if it's someone else's work, or a trace. Once we confirm a traced or stolen submission, THEN we remove it.

SOPA is "Nuke everything on a claim, without checking to see if it's valid."
    [17:37] <+Snapai> Summercat, fix my motivation! ;A;
    [17:37] <+Snapai> Find me a girlfriend or something. I don't know if that will help me.
    [17:38] <+Snapai> ....no Summercat, take the grapefruit out of the bra, and find me a *real* girlfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    I just never understand why people come here and say you're mean because you tell them that they're breaking the rules. You're like the Fluttershy of the Furaffinity admins.

Nerf Herder
    Species
    Wolf
    This

Does the clothing portion to the AUP include feral artwork?

Retired Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    This
    This'd 5,762 Times in 2,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaboronat View Post
    You mean a photograph of a dog wearing a skirt or something?

(The clothing section is for photography only)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hierientzal View Post
    I am a programmer who does ruby, so turn the light off me, and if I DID do that shit, I would have done it already and fried your cpu like freaking KFC.
    <lolocaust> sometimes danger lurks on #furaffinity was flooded the board because nobody loves biker shorts

Nerf Herder
    Species
    Wolf
    This

One thing that's got me thinking is why have the TOS and the AUP been updated so soon? Wouldn't it be wise to wait until the end of the debate and protest to see if these bills go through or not? It makes us look like we want them to win. I do, however, understand that this is a precautionary act for the website and the fur fandom. It seems too early to me I guess.

Nerf Herder
    Species
    Wolf
    This

Oh its for Photography. Thank you for clarifying.
    Last edited by kaboronat; 01-19-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Misunderstanding

Nerf Herder
    This

Does this ban photo manipulations when no shirts or shorts are used in the base photo and the skin is tfing into another animal? I'm not talking about nudity either.

Hey Digimon! Fur Affinity Staff
    The 5,000 Club
    Species
    Murasadramon
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart1125 View Post
    I'm going to be blunt: No. This is nothing like SOPA. At all. This is one of the worst comparisons I've seen (and sadly, I've been seeing it quite a few places).

When you sign up to FA you agree to the rules. "I will not steal other people's art" is one of those rules. If that's your goal, if that's what you want to do... fine. But don't do it on FA. Chan sites exist, and you can use those for them. We respect the work of artists. If people are tracing, ripping off artists or claiming other's artwork as their own and they're on FA, they get caught, they will most likely be banned. And no admin on this site will think twice about doing so.
    Follow @furaffinity and @faunited, our official convention, on Twitter for updates and more!

The 5,000 Club
    Species
    Murasadramon
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Cervidanti View Post
    I asked Dragoneer about this repeatedly last time the rules changed and he said repeatedly that yes, this is okay.

You can make any shit you want in 4 seconds in mspaint and post it, just for the sake of putting something in the description.
    However, if your goal is to circumvent site rules JUST to be able to post prohibited content via a loophole, and you're caught... just saying. Don't be surprised if we take notice and take action.

Honestly, I find people dressing up animals in clothing to be very, very weird. Especially around Halloween. But that's another story. =P

No. Ferals don't need clothing.

One thing that's got me thinking is why have the TOS and the AUP been updated so soon? Wouldn't it be wise to wait until the end of the debate and protest to see if these bills go through or not? It makes us look like we want them to win. I do, however, understand that this is a precautionary act for the website and the fur fandom. It seems too early to me I guess.
    This has nothing to do with SOPA/PIPA in any way, shape or form. We actually allowed a bit more leeway in some regards with this update.

Nothing in this update REALLY makes huge changes at all, prohibits content (except for some blank/text submissions). If anything, we're far more lenient.

The 5,000 Club
    Species
    Murasadramon
    This

Quote Originally Posted by truwolf View Post
    Does this ban photo manipulations when no shirts or shorts are used in the base photo and the skin is tfing into another animal? I'm not talking about nudity either.
    As long as the photomorph isn't mature, and as long it's not using copyright photos... they should be alright. This is more related to people posting everyday pictures of themselves.

Nerf Herder
    This

Thx for the clarification

This

Please explain to me how you can delete a submission that "looks underage" even though the character is expressly stated to be over 18. The only relevant section in the AUP I can find is:

"Submissions containing characters of questionable or indeterminable age will be up to the discretion of the administration."

If it's expressly stated to be over 18, then it's neither questionable nor indeterminable.

You know, Dragoneer, you said you'd continue dialogue with me via notes, and you haven't replied for over a week.

Alpha Wolf
    This

However, if your goal is to circumvent site rules JUST to be able to post prohibited content via a loophole, and you're caught... just saying.

I asked you, personally, repeatedly, if that was okay, and you told me yes. Way to backpedal.

Motterator 2,500 Club Summercat's Avatar
    Species
    otter
    This
    This'd 218 Times in 109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmotsu7 View Post
    Please explain to me how you can delete a submission that "looks underage" even though the character is expressly stated to be over 18. The only relevant section in the AUP I can find is:

"Submissions containing characters of questionable or indeterminable age will be up to the discretion of the administration."
    If it's expressly stated to be over 18, then it's neither questionable nor indeterminable.
    ]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shippo#Shippo

The character here is generally considered to be a few hundred years old, but physically resembles a 7 year old kid. While this is a bit more extreme than what I think you are trying to say, it does demonstrate the point that "saying a character is of age is meaningless if all other signs say otherwise."
    [17:37] <+Snapai> Summercat, fix my motivation! ;A;
    [17:37] <+Snapai> Find me a girlfriend or something. I don't know if that will help me.
    [17:38] <+Snapai> ....no Summercat, take the grapefruit out of the bra, and find me a *real* girlfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    I just never understand why people come here and say you're mean because you tell them that they're breaking the rules. You're like the Fluttershy of the Furaffinity admins.

Species
    Equine
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

The By You/For You Policy1) By You:
    "By You" refers to original content created by the poster. If you created it, you may post it, so long as it adheres to all other requirements of the AUP and is done so in full understanding of the Submission Agreement (SA). Joint works or collaborative efforts must cite all contributors. Derivative work must cite the original source and provide due credit.
    2) For You:
    "For You" permits users to repost work created exclusively for them ONLY when the original artist has granted permission to do so. Credit must be attributed to the original artist(s). The original artist reserves rights to revoke permission at any time or any reason.

Okay, so here's my question:
    For those '3D artists' who claim to be so by using free or open models, or assets such as materials, props, rigs, or anything of the sort, would that be a violation of the rules stated here?
    I know there are a multitude of users on FA that actively post art using Poser or DAZ studio, who credit virtually none of the original artists who originally created the models that sometimes they don't even alter.

Too often I've seen people get away with posting stuff they 'made in Poser/DAZ' when they have only mildly rigged the model and posed it. It upsets me as one who actually makes their own 3D assets from scratch.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information