Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do young people want kids so badly?

*drinking your brain juices* Forum Legend Tango's Avatar
    Species
    The Anti-Christ of Hipsters
    This
    This'd 263 Times in 154 Posts

Default Re: Why do young people want kids so badly?

I want about ten kids all at once. Then, when they are seven years old, I will take my small tribe into the forest and train them in guerrilla warfare, sabotage, counter-sniping, and survival off the land. When they reach the age of 18, those that survive will be issued targets to hunt and destroy. It will be their life's mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    Tango I'll send you pictures of my penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke Shadowfyre View Post
    Fungi: Smug asswipes; often caught brown-nosing the staff of an establishment; heavy booze drinkers; potheads; unfunny trolls. :V
    It's like you know me, Zeke! <3

Species
    a ley-dy.
    This
    This'd 774 Times in 339 Posts

I want kids. I really do..

mostly because of the adventure with them. I like the idea of helping a little human being shape their lives. I'm a firm believer that your background gives you the shape of who you are. I want to be able to nourish and raise kids that aren't going to be useless for society.

However, I want them around my 30s. I want to experience 'young life' and give myself a better chance to mature before I raise crotch spawn. That, and I want to be with a man long enough to see if he'd be a good father.
    Awks.
    ••••••
    FA x tumbls x FW

Contemplative Nitwit Ninja LouyieBlu's Avatar
    Species
    Sock Searching Tiger
    This
    This'd 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    You met me :V

I think it's the fact of teens wanting to "grow up" so fast and "be mature" in combination of the drive to procreate overriding logic.
    Yes, its sometimes person to person, sometimes, but mainly I agree with Aleu here, its most likely a combo of trying to be grown up or more adult, but more likely just sex drive, to continue the species.

But then again, maybe its more just to have a mate, which is an instinct portrayed into a want, and not actually have a baby or a family right away. Maybe a bit of both.
    But dat be just my two cents and a nickel.
    “It’s an odd feeling, actually typing ‘qwerty’ as a word; try it, and you’ll see what I mean.” ~Douglas Adams
    Avatar done by the amazing ProductMur

Species
    Wolf/Husky
    This
    This'd 3 Times in 2 Posts

For some its a crazy thing about having a family and living the so called dream life, then a big dose of reality bitch slaps them once the kids come along. For others its all about the money, and those people make me sick. Personally I don't want kids, decided that a long time ago, have 4 nieces and 2 nephews plus about 10 other friends kids that all call me uncle, I'm fully covered in the child department, love to see them, but happy when they go home. I ended a good relationship awhile back because she decided she wanted a kid RIGHT NOW and was willing to do anything to have one. Sorry honey but hit the road, for one your not as ready as you think, I'm sure as hell not ready, and having a kid would be a stupid thing when living on a financial house of cards in an economy that's in the proverbial crapper, and already stressed out to the max. What kind of life would that poor kid have?

About 90% of the people I know who got married right out of high school and had kids, some had them before graduation, are now divorced, or still together but absolutely hate each other and divorce is probably not far off. Not to mention in total financial ruin and mostly back to living with their parents. The children are the ones who suffer in that situation. The only happy couple I know has 2 kids, one was right after graduation, but, they both come from money, the dad has a good paying stable job, and the mom is working on a business degree...that is a rare thing with really young couples.

Then there is the all in it for the money, this one is all on the women side of things, have several kids, and live off the child support plus food stamps, tax credits, etc. One good example, there is a girl I knew in high school, dropped out while pregnant with her first kid. She now has 6 kids with another on the way, all of them by different dads she drugged at the bar and raped, yes rape goes both ways, but the crooked court system here tends to side with the women 99% of the time, men can't be raped by a women in their book. She brings in somewhere close to $1500 in child support every month, gets an ungodly amount in food stamps, housing assistance, and a huge tax credit, well over what she pays in on her little 10 hour a week part time "job". Basically living entirely off the system and enjoying the high life, always dumps the kids off on relatives etc so she doesn't really even raise them. That money doesn't go for the kids, it all goes to her weekend party funds and a nice expensive new car every year. Somehow gets away with it, and its sickening, she needs to be thrown in jail for rape, fraud, and sure there could be a few more charges...and a court order to have her tubes tied. But nothing has stopped her yet and I hate to think how many more guys are going to fall victim to her, let alone the number of kids being brought up in that situation.

But back on the subject as to WHY. Some I think have had no real experience in being around little ones a whole lot, if any. They are clueless as to what having a child is REALLY like, that "cute" little bundle is an expensive, whiny, stress inducing nightmare that unless you have experienced it before would drive some people to insanity. I used to think getting married and having a kid soon after school was something I wanted. Then my sister and newborn nephew were forced to come live with my mom and I, within a few days I swore off having kids for a long time, then it happened again a couple years later, another newborn and a now 2 year old screaming in the house all day and all night, had just graduated, stressed out working a full time 60+ hour a week job, and getting no sleep because of the non stop noise...put me in the hospital one night with a heart issue...that was the final straw, moved out, and permanently swore off having kids.

Love kids, don't get me wrong, but having one of my own is just simply not in the plans at all.

5. The Following 2 Users agree with Cheveyo's Post:

Mew You Have Taken the Lead zachhart12's Avatar
    Species
    Red fox
    This
    This'd 106 Times in 67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheveyo View Post
    For some its a crazy thing about having a family and living the so called dream life, then a big dose of reality bitch slaps them once the kids come along. For others its all about the money, and those people make me sick. Personally I don't want kids, decided that a long time ago, have 4 nieces and 2 nephews plus about 10 other friends kids that all call me uncle, I'm fully covered in the child department, love to see them, but happy when they go home. I ended a good relationship awhile back because she decided she wanted a kid RIGHT NOW and was willing to do anything to have one. Sorry honey but hit the road, for one your not as ready as you think, I'm sure as hell not ready, and having a kid would be a stupid thing when living on a financial house of cards in an economy that's in the proverbial crapper, and already stressed out to the max. What kind of life would that poor kid have?

About 90% of the people I know who got married right out of high school and had kids, some had them before graduation, are now divorced, or still together but absolutely hate each other and divorce is probably not far off. Not to mention in total financial ruin and mostly back to living with their parents. The children are the ones who suffer in that situation. The only happy couple I know has 2 kids, one was right after graduation, but, they both come from money, the dad has a good paying stable job, and the mom is working on a business degree...that is a rare thing with really young couples.

Then there is the all in it for the money, this one is all on the women side of things, have several kids, and live off the child support plus food stamps, tax credits, etc. One good example, there is a girl I knew in high school, dropped out while pregnant with her first kid. She now has 6 kids with another on the way, all of them by different dads she drugged at the bar and raped, yes rape goes both ways, but the crooked court system here tends to side with the women 99% of the time, men can't be raped by a women in their book. She brings in somewhere close to $1500 in child support every month, gets an ungodly amount in food stamps, housing assistance, and a huge tax credit, well over what she pays in on her little 10 hour a week part time "job". Basically living entirely off the system and enjoying the high life, always dumps the kids off on relatives etc so she doesn't really even raise them. That money doesn't go for the kids, it all goes to her weekend party funds and a nice expensive new car every year. Somehow gets away with it, and its sickening, she needs to be thrown in jail for rape, fraud, and sure there could be a few more charges...and a court order to have her tubes tied. But nothing has stopped her yet and I hate to think how many more guys are going to fall victim to her, let alone the number of kids being brought up in that situation.

But back on the subject as to WHY. Some I think have had no real experience in being around little ones a whole lot, if any. They are clueless as to what having a child is REALLY like, that "cute" little bundle is an expensive, whiny, stress inducing nightmare that unless you have experienced it before would drive some people to insanity. I used to think getting married and having a kid soon after school was something I wanted. Then my sister and newborn nephew were forced to come live with my mom and I, within a few days I swore off having kids for a long time, then it happened again a couple years later, another newborn and a now 2 year old screaming in the house all day and all night, had just graduated, stressed out working a full time 60+ hour a week job, and getting no sleep because of the non stop noise...put me in the hospital one night with a heart issue...that was the final straw, moved out, and permanently swore off having kids.

Love kids, don't get me wrong, but having one of my own is just simply not in the plans at all.
    Totally this. And 6 kids? What a slut...don't worry...something real bad will happen to her eventually xd

Forgive Yourself You Have Taken the Lead Kahoku's Avatar
    Species
    Snow Leopard
    This
    This'd 64 Times in 38 Posts

Wanting to have kids....No thanks, I am not cut out for such adventures. I can deal with kids, I just can't raise any of my own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information