Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rant: Thoughtless Thoughtfulness

*drinking your brain juices* Forum Legend Tango's Avatar
    Species
    The Anti-Christ of Hipsters
    This
    This'd 263 Times in 154 Posts

Default Re: Rant: Thoughtless Thoughtfulness

I wish my mom still did things like that for me. Too bad she passed away when I was 14. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    Tango I'll send you pictures of my penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke Shadowfyre View Post
    Fungi: Smug asswipes; often caught brown-nosing the staff of an establishment; heavy booze drinkers; potheads; unfunny trolls. :V
    It's like you know me, Zeke! <3

Species
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    whoop di fuck. If you haven't had an experience were someone you know was the result of a computer crashing and you have less time than is physically possible to fix the result, then this thread is not for you.
    No, but I did have a 'good Samaritan' cause me to lose a total of $3,122 in three hands of poker once. That close enough?

Fungi: Smug asswipes; often caught brown-nosing the staff of an establishment; heavy booze drinkers; potheads; unfunny trolls. :V

Super Moderator Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    Kitty cat :3
    This
    This'd 3,435 Times in 1,461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    No, but I did have a 'good Samaritan' cause me to lose a total of $3,122 in three hands of poker once. That close enough?
    No, because that was your own damn fault for betting so god damned high. That's what happens when you gamble.

Bike riding squirrel thing. Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Eastern grey squirrel (Black variant)
    This
    This'd 701 Times in 461 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    For my birthday we went out to dinner. My mother had a massive migraine and didn't attend, no big deal. I find out at the restaurant they got me cupcakes, cool, and brought them along, kay, and matches and a candle...what? I didn't ask them to, I asked if we could save one and do the whole candle thing later so everyone could be there. I get a big speech from my sister about how they went to all that trouble for me. Well fuck you. I didn't ask for it! I'm sorry the plan didn't go perfectly but seriously I'm not going to be guilted over a candle.
    I see this from both sides. They wanted to give you what they felt was a good birthday by providing candles and stuff, but you understandably wanted to do that at home so your mom could be there too. I don't see how you're being ungrateful.

More annoyingly, while staying with my parents my mother has a terrible habit of cleaning my room when I am out. Now I appreciate that, it's a great thought, but she's really damn careless with some of my stuff. For instance if she sees a cord she'll wrap it up tightly and put it away. She'll move my tablet pen from where I normally keep it into whatever place she thinks is tidiest. I love having a clean room. I love my mother. But goddamn if I ask not to touch the 50$ pen, or please just leave the cables alone (so they don't get pulled and worn out faster). Or not to touch my important notes or letters, then I'm an ungrateful bitch.
    My mom wont touch my sisters room, she leaves the cleaning to my sister, which is why my sisters room is a bigger shithole than my whole apartment. Again, I don;t see you as being ungrateful here, I mean all you're asking is for your mom to be more careful with your expensive items. Even certain cables are not cheap to replace and these days it's a good idea to avoid unnecessary spending because someone was careless with your stuff.

My little brother, now 14, he is ungrateful. You'd do something for him, as a kind gesture, for example our sister took the pictures down from his room to pack for the move, and all he did was throw a flaming hissy fit at everyone. Or he will just turn around and say "Well I didn't ask you to do it!" in a horrible tone of voice, instead of saying "Oh, well thank you" It's not like I'm not careful with his stuff, I'd want people to be careful with my stuff so I handle other peoples property with care.

I find it odd though that people have apologized to me for accidentally breaking a lego model, cause I have tons on display, I mean it's lego, they're all sets with instructions, if they get broken I'll just rebuild the bloody things lol.
    Awkward moment: When a GPS tells a gay man to go straight.

The hell am I reading, here? Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Fantastic Pineapple Squirrel-chan
    This
    This'd 3,971 Times in 1,673 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Oh, I have to hear the story behind this one.
    The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

     Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Species
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Jashwa View Post
    No, because that was your own damn fault for betting so god damned high. That's what happens when you gamble.

It's all about context, my friend. Back then losing that much in three hands of poker wasn't nearly as painful as it would be now. I used to play poker for a living.

7. The Following User agrees with Tango's Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information