Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenagers shoot jogging baseball player "because they were bored"

Yuusha Ou The 5,000 Club CaptainCool's Avatar
    This
    This'd 939 Times in 583 Posts

Default Teenagers shoot jogging baseball player "because they were bored"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-oklahoma?lite

Two teens age 15 and 16 were bored, so they decided to gun down a random jogger. What the bloody hell. Do I even need to say more?
    They killed him. Because they were bored. 'Merica! Fix your shit!

They are also being charged with first degree murder, a third teenager is being charged as beeing an "accessory to murder" as well. They are charging them as adults, not as kids. So depending on the sentences their lifes are essentially over. They go to jail, get back out and then they are pretty much doomed to fail in our society. Awesome! One guy dead, four lifes ruined in total! Neat.

And then there is another thing I find weird, but this is about the american media system...
    No american news sites show their photos. You know, like they usually do in every other murder case. But the australian news sites (the baseball player was australian) DO show their faces.
    The two teens who are being charged with murder are black. Why is it that when Zimmermann shot Martin his face was all over the internet but no one shows photos of these kids even though they admitted that they shot someone because they were bored?
    I just find this interesting because it tells me that America still has some things to learn when it comes to racism. That for some reason this still is a hot topic even though it really shouldn't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    CC's advice is really terrible if you apply it to life in general, but surprisingly accurate when it comes to dealing with mentholated gonads.

2. The Following User agrees with CaptainCool's Post:

Professional Fedora Tipper Elder God PastryOfApathy's Avatar
    Species
    Demipansexafluid Otherkin Weredragon
    This
    This'd 696 Times in 387 Posts

Default Re: Teenagers shoot jogging baseball player "because they were bored"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCool View Post
    And then there is another thing I find weird, but this is about the american media system...
    No american news sites show their photos. You know, like they usually do in every other murder case. But the australian news sites (the baseball player was australian) DO show their faces.
    The two teens who are being charged with murder are black. Why is it that when Zimmermann shot Martin his face was all over the internet but no one shows photos of these kids even though they admitted that they shot someone because they were bored?
    I just find this interesting because it tells me that America still has some things to learn when it comes to racism. That for some reason this still is a hot topic even though it really shouldn't be.
    It has to do more to do with some of the backlash from the coverage of the Boston bombing and some of the other shootings, where people have accused the media of "glamorizing" the killers by showing their faces causing many to opt to focus on the victims. Also you linked to MSNBC which is unashamedly liberal and hosts famous race baiter Al Sharpton so of course they won't show the killers to avoid him going on a racial tangent like he did with the whole Trayvon Martin debacle.
    add 4 hot furry erp

This

Quote Originally Posted by PastryOfApathy View Post
    It has to do more to do with some of the backlash from the coverage of the Boston bombing and some of the other shootings, where people have accused the media of "glamorizing" the killers by showing their faces causing many to opt to focus on the victims. Also you linked to MSNBC which is unashamedly liberal and hosts famous race baiter Al Sharpton so of course they won't show the killers to avoid him going on a racial tangent like he did with the whole Trayvon Martin debacle.
    Did they stop posting photos like this all together then? This is just something I noticed because usually photos of suspects are all over those articles!

Edit: Haha, this is fucking awesome! First I made a rant complaining about annoying turkish kids today and now look like a racist
    Don't worry guys. Still not xenophobic and definitely not a racist. This is just something that struck me and I probably interpreted it the wrong way :3
    Last edited by CaptainCool; 08-20-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    CC's advice is really terrible if you apply it to life in general, but surprisingly accurate when it comes to dealing with mentholated gonads.

Professional Fedora Tipper Elder God PastryOfApathy's Avatar
    Species
    Demipansexafluid Otherkin Weredragon
    This
    This'd 696 Times in 387 Posts

Did they stop posting photos like this all together then? This is just something I noticed because usually photos of suspects are all over those articles!
    It usually goes in like stages. When the news first breaks out the media tends to either post the killers face everywhere or go on about how their "better than that" and focus on the victims and what not, while simultaneously hammering you with constant reminders that they're only talk about the killers because they have to. Due to the controversy around Rolling Stone magazine using a picture of the Boston Bomber as their cover they've opted for the latter.

Then a week later the opposite happens so if they weren't showing their face they'll start plastering it everywhere and if they didn't they'll start focusing on the families and stuff.

Either way by the end of the month they'll start plastering his face everywhere without giving a shit until they find something else since the media has like ADD. Trust me, I spent like 4 years straight watching nothing but cable news, this makes me a scholar.
    add 4 hot furry erp

Key Lime Flavored 2,500 Club Shànwàng's Avatar
    This
    This'd 449 Times in 263 Posts

It's general practice in US news media that minors' (people under the age of 18 or sometimes 17) photos (and usually their names) are not provided in order to protect their identity, even if they committed a criminal act. In the internet age, this is increasingly becoming ineffective. George Zimmerman is a different case because he was in his 20's.
    Last edited by Shànwàng; 08-20-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Illin for the penicillin.

Pinkie Pie Tribe

7. The Following 4 Users agree with Shànwàng's Post:

In the land of bipolar weather Elder God Inciatus's Avatar
    Species
    Welsh Mountain Pony
    This
    This'd 274 Times in 204 Posts

Edit: Haha, this is fucking awesome! First I made a rant complaining about annoying turkish kids today and now look like a racist
    Don't worry guys. Still not xenophobic and definitely not a racist. This is just something that struck me and I probably interpreted it the wrong way :3
    Look out! He's going to start hitting us with his Bible next! If he doesn't have a Bible he will buy one to hit people with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    If you have a problem with it, then I'm going to have to turn you into glue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozriel
    Either you are asking me to specialize in sodomizing your ass with the butt of my axe, or you're just drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toraneko
    I think you need to stop posting on these forums and rethink your life. *jedi hand wave*

This

Quote Originally Posted by Inciatus View Post
    Look out! He's going to start hitting us with his Bible next! If he doesn't have a Bible he will buy one to hit people with it.
    I will buy one, light it on fire, and THEN throw it at you! That way I destroy a bible AND your hair! It's like a win win situation, only that I win twice and you lose your hair!

Chaotic Neutral Elder God Kitsune Cross's Avatar
    Species
    Cat
    This
    This'd 402 Times in 265 Posts

Americans need guns to defend themselves...

FAF's Shooter Aficionado The 5,000 Club XoPachi's Avatar
    Species
    Vitreous
    This
    This'd 988 Times in 658 Posts

Back in my day, when I was bored, I played Axelay. I blew alien brains out in a spaceship. Not human brains...in real life. Kids these days. :I
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Study real breasts

Quote Originally Posted by Mentova View Post
    Tits are pretty rad
    Quote Originally Posted by Troj View Post
    And what's wrong with having sex with yourself, exactly? It's sex with someone you love!

This
    This'd 781 Times in 448 Posts

Fucking teenagers.

Couldn't they have sit at home and smoke pot all day if they were bored?
    I'LL STOP WEARING BLACK WHEN THEY MAKE A DARKER COLOR
    MEATBLADE: you're so evil that every time you send me a message a small patch of my lawn dies
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Persona View Post
    Machine looks suspicious.

Happy Little Vegemite You Have Taken the Lead Khaki's Avatar
    This
    This'd 71 Times in 50 Posts

The story I heard was that they "wanted to prove themselves".

Not enough gun The 5,000 Club Corto's Avatar
    This
    This'd 1,526 Times in 759 Posts

Personally I blame hip hop and nintendoes for corrupting our youth.

15. The Following User agrees with Corto's Post:

Night is awire The 5,000 Club Fallowfox's Avatar
    Species
    Melodram Patheticus
    This
    This'd 1,768 Times in 1,115 Posts

On the subject of publishing people's pictures and names it is unlikely that these facts can be kept in the dark in the internet age but I also think that when news channels publish suspects' names and photos that they're being irresponsible.

There was a murder in Bristol a few years ago and the news published pictures of the victim's landlord, saying how he was the prime suspect and that everyone who knew him said he was an eccentric creep.

It turned out he was innocent, so publishing his picture and name essentially ruined his life. :\ Innocent until proven guilty.

17. The Following 4 Users agree with Fallowfox's Post:

Species
    Aardvark
    This
    This'd 665 Times in 398 Posts

Or, Fallow, remember how people started making threatening calls to the wrong George Zimmerman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallowfox
    Oh goodness, thanks Troj for some sanity.

Revolver Snocelot You Have Taken the Lead Umbra.Exe's Avatar
    Species
    Ocelot/Snake (Snocelot)
    This
    This'd 50 Times in 41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Cross View Post
    Americans need guns to defend themselves...
    Not sure if that was sarcasm? The guy who was shot was Australian, and he probably didn't see it coming. But who knows, maybe he did try to run away, hence being shot in the back.

I mostly wonder where the parents were during this, and why the kids had access to a gun in the first place...

Species
    Wolf
    This
    This'd 81 Times in 53 Posts

Dude, what the fuck.

Chaotic Neutral Elder God Kitsune Cross's Avatar
    Species
    Cat
    This
    This'd 402 Times in 265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra.Exe View Post
    Not sure if that was sarcasm? The guy who was shot was Australian, and he probably didn't see it coming. But who knows, maybe he did try to run away, hence being shot in the back.

I mostly wonder where the parents were during this, and why the kids had access to a gun in the first place...
    It was sarcasm

Citadel shop connoisseur Elder God Hakar Kerarmor's Avatar
    Species
    Southern sergal
    This
    This'd 674 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khaki View Post
    The story I heard was that they "wanted to prove themselves".
    At least it will make their trial very easy.
    "....so I headbutted the blind chick."

Revolver Snocelot You Have Taken the Lead Umbra.Exe's Avatar
    Species
    Ocelot/Snake (Snocelot)
    This
    This'd 50 Times in 41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Cross View Post
    It was sarcasm
    I see. Sorry. ^^;

But I still wonder why the kids had access to a gun. I wonder if it belonged to the parents, and they just didn't lock it up? Or did they somehow get a hold of it some other way?

I also wonder why they decided to kill someone to stop their boredom. There are far less destructive things one can do when bored. Seriously, what kind of decision-making is that?

Otter Missionary You Have Taken the Lead PsychicOtter's Avatar
    Species
    River Otter
    This
    This'd 161 Times in 98 Posts

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-oklahoma?lite

Two teens age 15 and 16 were bored, so they decided to gun down a random jogger. What the bloody hell. Do I even need to say more?
    They killed him. Because they were bored. 'Merica! Fix your shit!

They are also being charged with first degree murder, a third teenager is being charged as beeing an "accessory to murder" as well. They are charging them as adults, not as kids. So depending on the sentences their lifes are essentially over. They go to jail, get back out and then they are pretty much doomed to fail in our society. Awesome! One guy dead, four lifes ruined in total! Neat.
    Well, as you said, they did shoot a young, innocent man for no reason. They're obviously horrible people, so a strict punishment seems necessary. You let these kids go, they probably go out and cause more trouble. I'm not saying give them decades in prison or whatever, but they shouldn't get off easy.

But I still wonder why the kids had access to a gun. I wonder if it belonged to the parents, and they just didn't lock it up?
    Either that or a black market, most likely.
    Last edited by PsychicOtter; 08-20-2013 at 08:06 PM.

6150 rpm and spinning. Forum Legend Fernin's Avatar
    Species
    8.4 Liter V-10
    This
    This'd 148 Times in 123 Posts

And in (un)related news, across Europe 100 women are raped per day, and about a third of them murdered. Of course no one brings this up because someone shooting someone in America is sensationalist candy. That's not to say it's not fucked up, but it's pissing me off that people act like this sort of shit ONLY happens in America, and ONLY happens because of guns. >:/
    I offer my life to the Emperor, I pray that He accepts it.
    I offer my strength to the Emperor, I pray that he redresses it.
    I offer my blood to the Emperor, I pray that it quenches His thirst.
    I offer my body on the altar of the battlefield, I pray He grants me a noble death.
    I pray for His protection, as I offer all that I am.

26. The Following User agrees with Fernin's Post:

In the land of bipolar weather Elder God Inciatus's Avatar
    Species
    Welsh Mountain Pony
    This
    This'd 274 Times in 204 Posts

But I still wonder why the kids had access to a gun. I wonder if it belonged to the parents, and they just didn't lock it up? Or did they somehow get a hold of it some other way?
    It's Oklahoma; the ratio of guns to people there is like the ratio of sheep to people in Kiwiland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    If you have a problem with it, then I'm going to have to turn you into glue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozriel
    Either you are asking me to specialize in sodomizing your ass with the butt of my axe, or you're just drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toraneko
    I think you need to stop posting on these forums and rethink your life. *jedi hand wave*

Tylenol ain't working 2,500 Club Dreaming's Avatar
    Species
    I'm not a cat!
    This
    This'd 563 Times in 358 Posts

Are you sure this isn't GTA? Shoot a random tourist and gain 5 stars, forget the Lose Wanted Level cheat and hide behind a house for an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Fernin View Post
    And in (un)related news, across Europe 100 women are raped per day, and about a third of them murdered. Of course no one brings this up because someone shooting someone in America is sensationalist candy. That's not to say it's not fucked up, but it's pissing me off that people act like this sort of shit ONLY happens in America, and ONLY happens because of guns. >:/
    South Africa sounds like a safe and peaceful place, I hear that the suburbs of Johannesburg are damn cheap too
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiShi_Sukoro View Post
    FA is just pissing me the FUCK off.

Citadel shop connoisseur Elder God Hakar Kerarmor's Avatar
    Species
    Southern sergal
    This
    This'd 674 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fernin View Post
    and ONLY happens because of guns. >:/
    Well it is kind of hard to shoot someone with a gun that you don't have.
    "....so I headbutted the blind chick."

6150 rpm and spinning. Forum Legend Fernin's Avatar
    Species
    8.4 Liter V-10
    This
    This'd 148 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hakar Kerarmor View Post
    Well it is kind of hard to shoot someone with a gun that you don't have.
    This is true, which is why people in places where they don't have guns, people stab, bludgeon, and other wise manually murder each other instead. And absence of guns doesn't mean an absence of violence. A fact the antigun set find very inconvenient I've noticed. After all, the gun doesn't exactly drag someone out the door to go murder someone. Said person has to pick it up and use as it is a tool. Lacking a gun they'll resort to other means. After all, ask the UK about its 'knife' problem. It's very much like the 'gun' problem here in the US.

Of course, I'd argue it's not a problem with the tools, but the people who use them. Of course this stand point I have is entirely illogical, baseless, patently false, and otherwise beyond all hope of possibility.

@Dreaming : Shit I know right! 8D It's not like anybody ever gets murdered, raped, robbed, or otherwise maimed, assaulted or harmed in anywhere as civilized as the UK, Germany, Sweden, or any other 'developed' country right. After all, violence agaistn ones fellow man is only a natural occurrence in dirt world countries, the US, and Liverpool. Good point.
    Last edited by Fernin; 08-20-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    I offer my life to the Emperor, I pray that He accepts it.
    I offer my strength to the Emperor, I pray that he redresses it.
    I offer my blood to the Emperor, I pray that it quenches His thirst.
    I offer my body on the altar of the battlefield, I pray He grants me a noble death.
    I pray for His protection, as I offer all that I am.

31. The Following User agrees with Fernin's Post:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information