Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VIVISECTION

Gimme Back My Post Count! Post Crusader Aryeonos's Avatar
    Species
    "I...am a superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Re: VIVISECTION

Quote Originally Posted by Takumi_L View Post
    I read your post. It's completely one sided against it. I'm all for it.

It's like what Guillermo Habacuc Vargas did with the starving dog.
    "Oh these animals are being tested on. Everyone stop with your lives and care." Animals die all the time. Only when it is brought to your attention do you feign giving a damn.

You are a hypocrite.

Just so everyone knows Guillermo let the dog go back onto the streets after the exhibit. Yeah it probably died on the streets as do many.

Everything's life is meaningless. We have no higher calling. We exist to exist and so do animals.

Oh and for supper I had steak. The bovine were raised to be slaughtered. QUICK EVERYONE STOP EATING STEAK. YOU ARE VIOLATING THE BOVINE'S RIGHTS.
    I dont eat red meat because it makes me sick, as with fastfood and anything else not a bird mineral vegetable or thing.

This goes to show that the general public couldn't care less until it affects them, even then that line is pushed as people become more and more ignorant to any true issues at hand, like this election, every one sits on there ass and repeats what the media (Right, and middle of the road-democracy has died) You are a fool, and a shinning example of the carless mental defective- I stop myself before I say something worse even as I type. Point being every one hasn't a care in the world because they only care about themselves in the here and now not haveing a single thought about whats coming ahead and what they do affects EVERY ONE.
    If we lay on our asses' and do nothing like this we will all have become sheep (No offence to the equine furs) ready to except what were told, Orwell got the date wrong but the facts right.

I am "Teh Snailorz" Click the Sigpic or I'll hit you on the nose with an oven-mit.

Cracked left photoreceptor Alpha Wolf
    This

Default Re: VIVISECTION

Quote Originally Posted by CombatRaccoon View Post
    I'm so sick of this idea that you have that LIFE IS POINTLESS! HUMANS ARE EVIL! EVERYTHING IS MEANINGLESS AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

look life is what you decide to do with it.

You can sit on your ass and be an emo bitch or you can go outside and stop whining that life sucks, because it doesn't.
    Is that sum BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW?

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof IT'S OVER 9,000!!!1!!11! Takun's Avatar
    Species
    Shiba Inu in a shirt
    This
    This'd 406 Times in 193 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aryeonos View Post
    I dont eat red meat because it makes me sick, as with fastfood and anything else not a bird mineral vegetable or thing.

This goes to show that the general public couldn't care less until it affects them, even then that line is pushed as people become more and more ignorant to any true issues at hand, like this election, every one sits on there ass and repeats what the media (Right, and middle of the road-democracy has died) You are a fool, and a shinning example of the carless mental defective- I stop myself before I say something worse even as I type. Point being every one hasn't a care in the world because they only care about themselves in the here and now not haveing a single thought about whats coming ahead and what they do affects EVERY ONE.
    If we lay on our asses' and do nothing like this we will all have become sheep (No offence to the equine furs) ready to except what were told, Orwell got the date wrong but the facts right.

k.
    Snack - Hitler was a cooler dude than Skynet

1:08 PM - Xaerun: Do you have McDonalds in America?

Species
    fuck
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Takumi_L View Post
    k.
    IAWTC

Formal when angry Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    Brick House
    This
    This'd 1,525 Times in 794 Posts

Bleeding hearts abound I see.

I figure I'll state my position here: I'm in full agreement with vivisection. It sucks for the animals sure, but you know what? Tough shit.
    Want to fight me in X and Y? Be sure to notify me. FC: 1091-8698-1770 Name: Fusty
    What do we have along the lines of POISON?

stone that the builder refused Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    damaged goods
    This
    This'd 2,848 Times in 1,483 Posts

This thread, just, WOW. I almost had my eyeballs rocket out, as your post was painful to look upon, gramatically, structurally, and aesthetically. Point in case, vivisection is important to both animal and human research. Would you like someone to test drugs on your body? No, of course not, that would be dangerous. So that's where animals come in. Stop being a PETA brainwashed dipshit, and recognize that sacrifices must be made to move society and research forward. As far as morals go, is this any worse than putting down excess animals at a shelter? They still die in the end, I just rather be one step closer to making something new and beneficial to human society. Oh and btw, I loved the PETA comics you guys put out, where you assert that if you leave your puppy or kitty with Aunt and Uncle Puppykicker, they will torture it and ingest it for sustenance to gain its power. That made me LOL.

Species
    "I...am a superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Bleeding hearts abound I see.

I figure I'll state my position here: I'm in full agreement with vivisection. It sucks for the animals sure, but you know what? Tough shit.
    You ever watch the meaning of life? It was a Monty Python movie in 1983, they had a scene where they took a guy's liver, you remember that, yeah.

Would you like to donate your liver sir? Oh no no, we don't carry any shots for anasthysia or uthinizations sir.

I am "Teh Snailorz" Click the Sigpic or I'll hit you on the nose with an oven-mit.

Species
    damaged goods
    This

You ever watch the meaning of life? It was a Monty Python movie in 1983, they had a scene where they took a guy's liver, you remember that, yeah.

Would you like to donate your liver sir? Oh no no, we don't carry any shots for anasthysia or uthinizations sir.
    But it says your a donor!!

Species
    This

Quote Originally Posted by AzurePhoenix View Post
    This thread, just, WOW. I almost had my eyeballs rocket out, as your post was painful to look upon, gramatically, structurally, and aesthetically. Point in case, vivisection is important to both animal and human research. Would you like someone to test drugs on your body? No, of course not, that would be dangerous. So that's where animals come in. Stop being a PETA brainwashed dipshit, and recognize that sacrifices must be made to move society and research forward. As far as morals go, is this any worse than putting down excess animals at a shelter? They still die in the end, I just rather be one step closer to making something new and beneficial to human society. Oh and btw, I loved the PETA comics you guys put out, where you assert that if you leave your puppy or kitty with Aunt and Uncle Puppykicker, they will torture it and ingest it for sustenance to gain its power. That made me LOL.
    Or here's lets try drugs not dangerous and chemicly in the first place, we have homeopathics, organics- humans survived for thousands of years with little trouble, look at the makeups that japanese chinese egyptions and many other culters that I forget about had. As for medicine theres tons of organic non lethal ones that have existed for... as long as humanity.

Formal when angry Broke the 10K Barrier
    Species
    Brick House
    This
    This'd 1,525 Times in 794 Posts

I'm not going to argue the point with you, you know why? Because this whole thing is one big OPINION. KIND OF LIKE A RELIGIOUS DEBATE.
    Want to fight me in X and Y? Be sure to notify me. FC: 1091-8698-1770 Name: Fusty
    What do we have along the lines of POISON?

Species
    Shiba Inu in a shirt
    This

Or here's lets try drugs not dangerous and chemicly in the first place, we have homeopathics, organics- humans survived for thousands of years with little trouble, look at the makeups that japanese chinese egyptions and many other culters that I forget about had. As for medicine theres tons of organic non lethal ones that have existed for... as long as humanity.
    You lack of understanding of basic grammatical knowledge in your madman rant against "the man" makes your posts very hard on the eyes.

Species
    damaged goods
    This

Are you one of those homeopathic medicine retards too. Really, you guys need to understand that crushing leaves and pissing about with herbs and what not will not cure ANYTHING!! My father had cancer, and thanks to a new CHEMICAL DRUG, called I believe Retuxin, he got another shot at life. I suggest you read up on all the bullshit that's tied up in the "alternative medicine", and come back and make an argument not so full of easily exploitable holes. Oh, and one more thing, just to address the whole humans survived without this stuff for thousands of years comment. They used to think that Rosewater cured the Black Plauge! Chew on that, and then join the course of human evolution.

Master of Disaster Elder God capthavoc123's Avatar
    Species
    Hoo-man.
    This

This goes to show that the general public couldn't care less until it affects them,
    Let me pose this question: When is vivisection ever going to affect the general public? Do you honestly believe that one day human beings will be vivisected? Barring alien invasion, I just don't ever see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryeonos
    If we lay on our asses' and do nothing like this we will all have become sheep (No offence to the equine furs) ready to except what were told
    Uh...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/equine

Quote Originally Posted by Aryeonos
    As for medicine theres tons of organic non lethal ones that have existed for... as long as humanity.
    And guess what? ALMOST NONE OF THEM WORK.
    Last edited by capthavoc123; 05-21-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to respond to a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takumi_L
    GUY WIF POWER CRUSH GUY WIF NO POWER.

FLEX PENIS WORLDWIDE. TASTE THE CUMSHOT OF FREEDOM.

Species
    Shiba Inu in a shirt
    This

Quote Originally Posted by capthavoc123 View Post
    Let me pose this question: When is vivisection ever going to affect the general public? Do you honestly believe that one day human beings will be vivisected? Barring alien invasion, I just don't ever see that happening.

Uh...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/equine
    LOL. I see you noticed he used equine for sheep not horse.

Master of Disaster Elder God capthavoc123's Avatar
    Species
    Hoo-man.
    This

Also, to whomever edited the tags to add "peta faggotry", you have my vote for President of the Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takumi_L
    GUY WIF POWER CRUSH GUY WIF NO POWER.

FLEX PENIS WORLDWIDE. TASTE THE CUMSHOT OF FREEDOM.

Senior Member The 5,000 Club Grimfang's Avatar
    This
    This'd 98 Times in 67 Posts

Of course, this is a debate based entirely of personal beliefs. So there won't be any truth or solid right or wrong behind this. And I haven't done a whole lot of research on this stuff, so I'm not too well-informed here..

But I don't think suffering another life is justified by the boons we gain. Like Takumi said, everything dies. Putting it to good use though, in my opinion, would be the study of a dead body.

I'm seeing a lot of "out of sight and out of mind" here. Human nature is incredibly selfish and apathetic to anything that lies beyond any effect on its own interests. I think the issue would have more gravity in those minds if they were standing there and doing the dirty work themselves.

Just my humble 2 cents. Unfortunately, we don't choose the world we live in, and we live in a world of self-centered interests and money. WWJD isn't what makes the world go round :/

The 5,000 Club
    Species
    phidippus otiosus x regius
    This

I'm a little disturbed by the piss poor management of the AWA and actual work done by the government upholding its own laws on animal treatment. I've seen some horrible evidence of malpractice against primates. Both in the US and abroad.

This

Let me pose this question: When is vivisection ever going to affect the general public? Do you honestly believe that one day human beings will be vivisected again? Barring alien invasion, I just don't ever see that happening.

Here, I fixed it for You.

~Sylv

Species
    Victorious Centurion of Moral Turpitude
    This
    This'd 235 Times in 155 Posts

Okay, I'm on the fence for this issue.

I can relate to the people who are opposed for experiments on animals.
    I can also relate to the scientific progress that can be had from it.

However, the rest of my opinion will be kept aside.

Yourfaceyourfaceyourface Post Crusader Thorne's Avatar
    This

Yeah... idk what to think about this. I know animals need to be experimented on for the good of mankind, but I can't stand to know animals suffer. Even when a cow is slaughtered it's done in a humane way. Pain is pain. Still, theres nothing we can do. So, as much as it pains me, I'm with vivisection. Roll on the cure for cancer.

Species
    Artfag
    This
    This'd 5 Times in 3 Posts

CombatRaccoon, you have twisted morals.

Come back later and try again when you can manage not to sound like a German leader from the 1930's - 1940's.

yea... I'm sort of well-known for my twisted "liberal-nazi" morals.

heheh... this thread is awesome.

Former FA user 2,500 Club Glaice's Avatar
    Species
    Northern Sergal
    This
    This'd 282 Times in 172 Posts

I don't care. If the results can eventually come to developing immunities and cures for uncurable things (IE HIV/AIDS, Hep C, Ebola, etc), I'm all for it.

Sacrifices are neccessary sometimes.

Best icecream flavour ever! Post Crusader Wovstah's Avatar
    Species
    Ox
    This

Lightbulb Re: VIVISECTION

You know, animals aren't the only ones who suffer. The less talked about is human test subjects who try the medicines / products for the first time...

But I digress...

I'm not at all for the abuse of animals. I love animals and own seven adult cats - all well taken care of. I watch Animal Cops and cry for the poor things, cheer when the bad guy gets what is coming to him, and just get warm and fuzzy to see an abused animal pull through and find a new, loving home.

But here's the thing:

I understand that animal experimentations are necessary, not only for human medical advances, but veterinary advances too. How are we going to know which antibiotic will get rid of Princess's respiratory infection unless others had to test medicines to know they were safe?

I also understand not all medicines are fail safe. Recalls are being made all the time. Please, don't argue that medicines can be tested outside of a body - sometimes that just is not the case. How do we know a medicine will lower blood pressure unless it is tested to see if it actually does?

Could you imagine medicines coming out for animals and humans alike which have never been tested or proved to help / hurt a certain ailment? The FDA would have a fit.

I can agree the animals are treated badly in many, many cases - but the sad truth is: we need their sacrifice.

I'm not for; I'm not against... I'm just saying it is a sad situation we need in order to make sure we're on the right track with medicines.

As for makeups and other products not medicine related, I do check for labels that say "not tested on animals." I do hold respect for companies who do not test on animals... but then you have to think "what DO they test this stuff on?"

Species
    This

Sorry I didn't read all of what you said, but unless its a serious disease, animal testing isn't necessary. Plus, most diseases that are human related can't be tested on animals, the disease doesn't carry over at all, Aids, Cancers, Mental dissorders, none of them carry over in the same way or at all. We should put money into stem cell research, genetic testing, we can test molecular and chemical reactions and process all outside of a body, animal testing is mostly cosmetic research, and whatever viagra and others fall under.

Well the body shop, company me mum works for, doesn't use animal testing, instead they use things that they learn from cultures and tribes and stuff from around the world, sot they know its safe.

Dance the Mussolini Forum Legend lobosabio's Avatar
    Species
    Canis lupus arctos
    This
    This'd 72 Times in 33 Posts

I wasn't aware they performed vivisections anymore. I thought they dumped that when ethics started to get more prominent.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowFox View Post
    AHHH IT HURTS MY EYES!!! Except for the bestiality, which is somewhat pleasant by comparison.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information