Page 86 of 128 FirstFirst ... 36617682838485868788899096111 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3186

Thread: Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

Guess what mood I'm in today. 2,500 Club Cain's Avatar
    Species
    A Drastic Mood Swing
    This
    This'd 726 Times in 374 Posts

Default Re: Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Mike View Post
    There is nothing wrong with cults, I think cults should have a right to drink the blood of virgins to become one with the asteroids.
    As well as worship the mighty Cthulhu.
    Bisexuals today seem underrepresented.
    It's like you can only be gay, or straight.
    Well fuck that.

BISEXUALS REPRESENT!
    Fuck yeah! Vaginas and penises!

Depreciate This The 5,000 Club Serbia Strong's Avatar
    Species
    Loan Provider
    This
    This'd 3,173 Times in 1,269 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged Edge View Post
    As well as worship the mighty Cthulhu.
    Pfffft, Cthulhu is sooo 19th century.

Cosmic crap is where its at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commie Bat View Post
    my neighbors love my music so much.........they invited the police to come listen. Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    THERE IS NO FUCKING TOILET PAPER. ALLAH HAS FORSAKEN US.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Modernly_Classy_Dragon View Post
    On topic: My intellect, because I trust it more then some silly old book written over 2000 years ago.

Species
    Red Fox/Fennec/Black wolf
    This
    This'd 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged Edge View Post
    Try working on yer spelling.
    And you -formed- a religion? Isn't that technically considered a cult?
    My spelling is horrid, I know, no need to point it out. And no, around here a cult is something centered around yourself. We are a relegion. A very leanient one at that. Pretty much it is a code of laws that explains the freedoms and rights of all Fauna.

This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is "coming out" really such a big deal in America?
    I live in Wales and I and several friends "came out" as gay/bi at 14. Some parents got slightly freaked out but bullying seems to be more rare here. Only one person I know has been bullied for their sexuality :S

is bored :V The 5,000 Club Scotty1700's Avatar
    Species
    Vulpes vulpes
    This
    This'd 174 Times in 91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer_Regal View Post
    Is "coming out" really such a big deal in America?
    I live in Wales and I and several friends "came out" as gay/bi at 14. Some parents got slightly freaked out but bullying seems to be more rare here. Only one person I know has been bullied for their sexuality :S
    If you're in the south, coming out is huge cause you have the risk of getting fucking murdered by crazy bible-toting rednecks. If you're anywhere else in the US you'll just get ridiculed and harassed :v Thus it's easier to just not tell anyone.

*Probably not right at all but in all honesty it's not taken as lightly as other places.

6. The Following User agrees with Scotty1700's Post:

Lamborghini, Murcié Forum Legend Larry's Avatar
    Species
    Sub-Saharan African Lion
    This
    This'd 218 Times in 126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1700 View Post
    If you're in the south, coming out is huge cause you have the risk of getting fucking murdered by crazy bible-toting rednecks. If you're anywhere else in the US you'll just get ridiculed and harassed :v Thus it's easier to just not tell anyone.

*Probably not right at all but in all honesty it's not taken as lightly as other places.
    Basically, coming out to deep-rooted Tennessean parents is suicide. Just write a note before you tell them while you're at it?
    ~Dee-Jay~

✞ OFWGKTA

RIP JustinRPG

1/8/11

This

Jeez. I can't even imagine what that's like. I guess I'm lucky?
    Slightly extremely off topic, but what do you do for TV out there? I'd be hard pressed to name ONE British TV presenter who isn't gay or at least camp :/

2,500 Club
    This
    This'd 756 Times in 429 Posts

Lightbulb Re: Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

Slightly extremely off topic, but what do you do for TV out there? I'd be hard pressed to name ONE British TV presenter who isn't gay or at least camp :/
    Bill O'Reilly.

Species
    Kitty Cat :3
    This
    This'd 93 Times in 63 Posts

I don't think coming out is THAT bad in the south <=S Probably in the deep rural areas that are full of crazies lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashwa View Post
    Darkwing is always creeping on people. He's like a younger straighter version of Poet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemoncholic View Post
    You're in the coming out thread, on FAF, talking about a Darkwing post. Expect very high levels of gay.

Pack Member
    Species
    Workin on it
    This
    Agreed With 2 Times in 1 Post

*sigh* I still have to come out :P
    Not lookin forward to it terribly, but whatever, it'll work out.

Species
    Lizard
    This
    This'd 298 Times in 173 Posts

talking to your parents about your boyfriend is much harder than the initial coming out, at least if one of them has hangups

Species
    Kitty Cat :3
    This
    This'd 93 Times in 63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spatel View Post
    talking to your parents about your boyfriend is much harder than the initial coming out, at least if one of them has hangups
    Haha, yeah I'd imagine.

I'm still in the closet and I have a boyfriend. GAAAAH, coming out is gonna be a BITCH X.X Especially since they are probably gonna find out themselves before I even tell them.

I think my parents are a tad homophobic, too <=I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashwa View Post
    Darkwing is always creeping on people. He's like a younger straighter version of Poet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemoncholic View Post
    You're in the coming out thread, on FAF, talking about a Darkwing post. Expect very high levels of gay.

Flyin' Sooo High Post Crusader Kryn's Avatar
    Species
    Gryphon
    This
    This'd 5 Times in 4 Posts

I sorta don't feel any reason to come out to my parents while I'm single. I mean my sex life isn't their business anyway, and if I was dating a guy I actually liked enough to introduce to them that seems like the most obvious time to bring it up.

GTWT Survivor You Have Taken the Lead Saiko's Avatar
    Species
    black hole
    This
    This'd 134 Times in 91 Posts

Well after reading all 130 pages of this thread I guess it's only fair that I at least try to contribute to the discussion. First, though, I have to thank Discord Nova for linking this on page 76. Honestly, that article was actually an answer to a prayer of mine that I've been looking out for for a while, now. For years I've noticed that there really is no argument against homosexuality even though the Bible supposedly condemns it. I wondered if perhaps it was a misinterpretation or even an incorrect translation, and that article actually pointed out AND defended both of these possibilities well.

I myself am bi, and looking back I can see that developing somewhere around when I was 13 or so. However, I didn't really think about my orientation (or relationships in general for that matter) until early May this year (I was 16 then, 17 now). I finally concluded that I am bi a little more than a month ago when I noticed that a longstanding "straight" online friend and I had developed feelings for each other. That was also the time we became long-distance boyfriends. ^_^

After reading this thread, I've decided to come out my closest friend, Allen, when I find an appropriate time. I know he won't mind because I won't be the first bi friend he knows. We actually kinda idolize the other bi guy we know. It doesn't have much to do with him being bi, but the fact that he is known to be bi and is still considered awesome around us is important. There's also the fact that Allen once told me that he suspects our other friend of being bi and hasn't treated him any differently. You may wonder why I feel the need to tell him. My reason is that is the fact that my friends are some of the gayest straight(?) guys I know, and I feel guilty every time they "no-homo" something when I myself am in a gay relationship. They are comfortable with the "gayness" because they're all comfortable in the knowledge that we're all straight, which they don't realize is not entirely true...

However, despite having a boyfriend (which many bi's here have stated as a criteria for coming out to their parents), I am NOT coming out to mine anytime soon. I live smack in the middle of Mississippi, and my parents are both from a small rural town in Louisiana. Just driving to school, I pass by at least seven churches (I probably forgot a couple, so there may be more). In the car, my mom has already told me that she'd kill me if I was gay. I know she was strongly exaggerating (which she does a lot), and it's very unlikely she'd throw me out; but I still get the message. She would NOT approve at all, and I doubt I'd be able to change her mind. The scary thing is that I'm more comfortable telling my mom... I'm more afraid of what my dad would do considering he has never voiced much of an opinion on the matter. You may think this means he may not care, but his dad (my grandfather) regularly rants about LGBT's and how they're some kind of abomination. I don't think my dad feels quite that strongly about the matter, but I don't think the apple fell too far from the tree.

At the very least, I'm not going to come out to my parents until I am entirely independent of them. Thankfully, though, this will be easier for me than others, because I qualify for a LOT of scholarship money. I may actually be paid just to attend, which means I don't rely on parents for my education or future. At the moment, though, it's not worth the risk even though I'd have several places to go if I did get kicked out.

Hehe, sorry about the wall. Despite my attempts to summarize, this still ended up being longer than I intended. xD

Za Rodinu! Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    Rifleman
    This
    This'd 5,445 Times in 2,510 Posts

I'm starting to think I should finally do it sooner or later...

Quote Originally Posted by SirRob View Post
    I value my opinions and they're being attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilmeleon View Post
    I get emotional as I take being a furry seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneer View Post
    What we don't need is yes men. Opinions and ideas of all kinds are are welcomed.

Species
    Loan Provider
    This

Same here, each time I decide that I should I just get scared and not do anything.
    my neighbors love my music so much.........they invited the police to come listen. Again.

On topic: My intellect, because I trust it more then some silly old book written over 2000 years ago.

Za Rodinu! Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    Rifleman
    This
    This'd 5,445 Times in 2,510 Posts

Same here, each time I decide that I should I just get scared and not do anything.
    Yeah, man. On my birthday, my parents were actually talking about the idea of it and how they'd still love me anyway, despite the amount of anti-gay jokes they make. It's really hard to decide if they're actually being honest there or they're just saying it so I instead believe that they're better parents than I think they are, and it doesn't matter because I'm not gay after all. RIGHT? Bleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRob View Post
    I value my opinions and they're being attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilmeleon View Post
    I get emotional as I take being a furry seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneer View Post
    What we don't need is yes men. Opinions and ideas of all kinds are are welcomed.

Species
    Loan Provider
    This

Yeah, man. On my birthday, my parents were actually talking about the idea of it and how they'd still love me anyway, despite the amount of anti-gay jokes they make. It's really hard to decide if they're actually being honest there or they're just saying it so I instead believe that they're better parents than I think they are, and it doesn't matter because I'm not gay after all. RIGHT? Bleigh.
    Ugh that's a tough one, my parents wouldn't really bring up that idea, they would just be very confrontational about it and ask me if I was D:.
    I think I might as well just play it safe and maybe tell them after I graduate and land myself with a stable job.

2,500 Club
    This

Smile Re: Coming Out: The Thread (Continued)

Aww, you two... take all the time you need. :3c

a stable job.
    Ahaha.

GTWT Survivor You Have Taken the Lead Saiko's Avatar
    Species
    black hole
    This
    This'd 134 Times in 91 Posts

No offense, but it kinda sounds like you're being a little bit paranoid to me. :/

That'd be a horrible thing for parents to do, luring you out specifically for the purpose of stabbing you in the back. That doesn't sound like something they'd do to you, does it? I personally can't imagine anyone's parents, no matter how homophobic, being THAT cruel; but you know your own parents better than I do. >.>

2,500 Club
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Saiko View Post
    That'd be a horrible thing for parents to do, luring you out specifically for the purpose of stabbing you in the back. That doesn't sound like something they'd do to you, does it? I personally can't imagine anyone's parents, no matter how homophobic, being THAT cruel; but you know your own parents better than I do. >.>
    Parents are born to be cruel. Homophobic or not.

Panzerjäger Forum Legend kyle19's Avatar
    Species
    Mutt
    This
    This'd 17 Times in 12 Posts

Basically this, Ive decided on telling my mother, but mixed signals and getting scared seem to prevent me from doing so.

24. The Following User agrees with kyle19's Post:

Species
    Applebloom
    This
    This'd 762 Times in 385 Posts

Jeez. I can't even imagine what that's like. I guess I'm lucky?
    All British people sound somewhat gay to us Americans :V

Species
    Lizard
    This
    This'd 298 Times in 173 Posts

...maybe tell them after I graduate and land myself with a stable job.
    whatever you say mr hands

Quote Originally Posted by greg-the-fox
    Eh, I think all celebrities act a bit more flamboyant, on our side of the pond as well. I don't think Brits sound any gayer than Americans. Now the french sound very gay though. I'm not saying this as a stereotypical gun-toting frenchy-hating redneck American. I have endless respect for the french. I like their politics, and I think they're pretty cool, especially when they riot. I also love house. But I can't help it... the language... it really does use a lot of intonations that are considered flamboyant when an english-speaker uses them.

They really can't help it. Conversely, German is an incredibly asexual language, and Russian, Italian, and Portuguese are just sexy languages in general.
    Last edited by Spatel; 09-25-2011 at 07:30 PM.

This

Quote Originally Posted by greg-the-fox View Post
    All British people ARE somewhat gay compared to Americans :L
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahguns View Post
    I'm not a furry I just think regular porn is boring.

Thread Information