Page 124 of 142 FirstFirst ... 247499114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3547

Thread: ~ 'SkahllyBir Yarn Tails ~

Dream a little dream of me.. 2,500 Club Bir's Avatar
    Species
    Pearled wolf
    This
    This'd 106 Times in 52 Posts

Default Re: ~ 'SkahllyBir Yarn Tails ~

..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    I'm a girl. There seems to be some confusion.
    Visit SkahllyBir Tails! High quality yarn tails.
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?t=61019
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Lone Wolf
    Species
    Tiger
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name: Jordan
    Length: around 10-15 inches
    Size: Which would look best, normal or medium?
    Poseable or freefall: Free fall
    Colors specified: mottled rainbow
    References: none
    Caribiner: Yes please!
    Special extensions: None.
    Realistic (Variety of shades of each color) or Flat colors (Toony, flat) : realistic
    Allergies, if any : none
    I have read ALL of the Important journal: did ya know apples are a member of the rose family.

Curbside Prophet You Have Taken the Lead Cloudy's Avatar
    Species
    Coyote
    This
    This'd 23 Times in 9 Posts

HEY THERE GUYS.
    I am back from the Dominican Republic. It was an interesting world and cultural experience, but I am very happy to be back in the country I know and love. I'll probably share pics and such at some point; at the moment they aren't even on my computer, though. But I took a lot! I may also make a journal with my thoughts if anyone is interested in hearing about my experiences in the DR.

Thank you to the couple of people that said nice things while I was gone! Your words are very encouraging. And thanks to those who have stopped through to peruse, and even read the whole thread XD That is dedication right there, I have to say. I'm not even sure you could pay me to go back and read all those pages again XD It would probably take longer than making a month's worth of large wides XP

@Jordan: I did not know that fact! Thank you for sharing! ; D
    Hmm. You could probably go with either normal or medium; if you are going for a small tail vibe, normal may be what you want, but if you think you'd like it to be short but fluffier, definitely medium. There'd be a little more space to put in more color if it were medium wide as well. Also, were you thinking a pure mottling of rainbow colors, or a mottling of rainbow colors with sort of one base color as strongest? Or a ROYGBIV thing with ordered colors, but mottling within each color?

A 15 inch normal wide tail would be $34.75.
    A 15 inch medium wide tail would be $57.25.

Shipping and a brush is $10 in either case, though I know you already have a brush so if you'd prefer not to receive another it'd only be $7. : 3 (By the way I hope you are loving your tail! : D It was hard to let go of, lol).

Usually we'd charge more to add so many colors (due to having to go out and purchase so many colors), but I'd like to know your image of the tail first. I hate charging for extra yarn and really only do it if I have to, so, if there'd be any possibility that I wouldn't have to charge more that'd of course be what I'd want to do. I may have enough stock by December, for example, that I'd really only have to go out and buy the normal amount of yarn.

But yeah. I'd say for now just think of the tail with the prices quoted. Let us know if you'd like a slot, the earliest available is now in December!
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Lone Wolf
    Species
    Tiger
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post

Also, were you thinking a pure mottling of rainbow colors, or a mottling of rainbow colors with sort of one base color as strongest? Or a ROYGBIV thing with ordered colors, but mottling within each color?
    I was thinking pure mottling of rainbow colors, but the mottling rainbow colors with one base color sounds interesting as well. I would honestly like your opinion of what would look best.

I think i would rather go with the medium, i just love the fluffy tails <3 I had figured it'd cost more for the vast array of colors, so that's not a problem. and i do have a brush, 2 actually, but one is for my dogs =D

As for my tail, i love it so much, I showed my mom, my brother and his girlfriend and they all love it. I've even had a couple of threats for it to be stolen. I plan to wear it to the Texas Renaissance Festival in Oct.

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger18 View Post
    I was thinking pure mottling of rainbow colors, but the mottling rainbow colors with one base color sounds interesting as well. I would honestly like your opinion of what would look best.

I think i would rather go with the medium, i just love the fluffy tails <3 I had figured it'd cost more for the vast array of colors, so that's not a problem. and i do have a brush, 2 actually, but one is for my dogs =D

As for my tail, i love it so much, I showed my mom, my brother and his girlfriend and they all love it. I've even had a couple of threats for it to be stolen. I plan to wear it to the Texas Renaissance Festival in Oct.
    Actually, there are just about a billion and one ways to go about having a rainbowy mottled tail!

In fact, it might be easy for you to pick a theme. For example, if I wanted a rainbow tail, I would have the base color be a pale sky blue fading to a pale forest green. Within the blue would be hints of white for clouds, pink for flower petals, silver, pale tan, and like colors. Within the green, I'd go for the earthy brown hints, deep seaweed blues, reddish maroons, etc.

I would definitely pick some sort of theme though, even if it's just a simple one. Because when you just plain mix all of the colors together with no set desired plan, it's going to come out brown. A good example would be this tail, which I was asked to do a rainbow of colors within a tan colored base. It turned out terribly. It ended up not evening shining or having a flourescent color in the sun which normally these tails do. Too many shades just eat all the other colors, and drown out the overall beauty of the beast. https://d.facdn.net/art/bir/1280164645.bir_tigeriss.png

So I would definitely stay away from putting ANY complimentary colors together on a tail close to eachother, they just.. DON'T compliment eachother when it comes to fur. XD

Another idea would be to make a plain Jane rainbow striped tail with an accent color in each one, or evening a fading tail that goes from one end of the spectrum to the other but that is all brought together by one distinct color (Example: Green fading over to blue, fading over to purple, all with bits of pale silver to bring it all together)

Etc.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

@Bir: I forgot to say so, but Meko's tail turned out lovely : 3 Great work.
    Also, please add "corvuszero" for two December slots.

We are really filling up, guys! Please be sure to secure yourselves slots if you are considering a tail! There is always the possibility of random slots opening up throughout the year via our journals, but signing up for a slot is the only way you can really ensure that you'll end up with a tail in your hands!

Also, I forgot to reply to something here, sorry. @Vixxychan, if you happen to meander by, I know Bir mentioned it but I do still have that tail... Though it's not for sale XP I can absolutely make a replica of higher quality than the original, however, and that would cost about $46.50 plus shipping (shipping would be about $10-15 to the UK). Just so you know. I do quite like that tail, I can't help but hang onto my copy even though I've put it through hell XD (Things not to do to your tail: Expose to immense amounts of dust, shove in small spaces, dip in the lake, let it be a cat toy, test hair products on it... lawls.)

I have a little less than half of Tamaska's green tail done! Hope to have a WIP up shortly. YES I AM WORKING ON IT! The colors are just taking forevvvvveerrrr to brush. What I have now took three episodes of Supernatural and then some (because I had all the bundles made before I started watching). But anyhow. Back to work...

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Hey guys, just wanted to leave an update on my life, since it seems to be affecting my tailing a lot more than usual.

I am working on all my commissions at the same time, that's why they're taking a little longer. They will all be posted roughly at the same time, sometime next weekish.

Anyhow, I will be looking for an overnight job. I need to make more money. I have to move out. I cannot take it here any longer, and I simply cannot live here for another month. I had two slot openings for next month, then got two people who wanted them and decided to cancel, and so I'm going to take that as a sign that I just need to have zero tails to do next month because something big is going to happen to me. I'll take it as it comes, I guess. I have to buy a car, invest in insurances of many kinds, and basically take on more responsibilities within the next month. My tailing hours are going to be majorly reduced, so in the near future I may be taking only one or two slots at the very very most each month because I'm having some serious lack of time to get things done. I have one slot for Menotomy that is actually a "coupon" slot for some badges I did in the past. Right now my priorities are the collie tail and Tomo's tail for this month, and Menotomy's will be the only one waiting to be done last.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

Finished tail for TamaskaKitsu's friend, barring any changes.
    THAT GREEN. AND THAT WHITE.
    Ohmigosh I've not had colors so hard to brush out in a long time ;_; -dies-
    But I think it was worth it. It turned out pretty cool. It looks spiffy when walking, too. I dunno why, but I just think it does, I guess it looks good with motion or something even more than most. Though I guess that's my opinion.

OTHER THING BIR NEEDS TO BUY. PHONE. SO CLOUDY CAN TEXT HER ;_;
    Cloudy also needs to buy a car. I found a shnaaaaazzy 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. I wannnnnnnts. I think I've been advised against it, however. I bet it gets STUNNING gas mileage and all. I'll prolly end up with my bro's old Alero instead : < But damn the New Yorker is a fox. (You should go see, Bir, she's on the road to Chemung, the one with the Moose Lodge on it, the side closer to Harvard).

Anywho. I just have two more tails for Suzy this June, which I'll get started then. I return to the land of Subway on the 28th. Annnd I should be getting a shipment of more soapage supplies shortly. This means more Supernatural soap! I also got stuff to make Leviathan and Castiel soap, supposing the scents come together as I imagined them. And then off to Etsy to see if anybody wants 'em... Hopefully some people do, so I can at least make back SOME of what I spent on materials ^^;; Soapmaking is EXPENSIVE man.

/end Cloudy's life excerpt, which appears to be quite a bit less busy than Bir's at the moment
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post

Finished tail for TamaskaKitsu's friend, barring any changes.
    THAT GREEN. AND THAT WHITE.
    Ohmigosh I've not had colors so hard to brush out in a long time ;_; -dies-
    But I think it was worth it. It turned out pretty cool. It looks spiffy when walking, too. I dunno why, but I just think it does, I guess it looks good with motion or something even more than most. Though I guess that's my opinion.

OTHER THING BIR NEEDS TO BUY. PHONE. SO CLOUDY CAN TEXT HER ;_;
    Cloudy also needs to buy a car. I found a shnaaaaazzy 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. I wannnnnnnts. I think I've been advised against it, however. I bet it gets STUNNING gas mileage and all. I'll prolly end up with my bro's old Alero instead : < But damn the New Yorker is a fox. (You should go see, Bir, she's on the road to Chemung, the one with the Moose Lodge on it, the side closer to Harvard).

Anywho. I just have two more tails for Suzy this June, which I'll get started then. I return to the land of Subway on the 28th. Annnd I should be getting a shipment of more soapage supplies shortly. This means more Supernatural soap! I also got stuff to make Leviathan and Castiel soap, supposing the scents come together as I imagined them. And then off to Etsy to see if anybody wants 'em... Hopefully some people do, so I can at least make back SOME of what I spent on materials ^^;; Soapmaking is EXPENSIVE man.

/end Cloudy's life excerpt, which appears to be quite a bit less busy than Bir's at the moment
    Dude, I think I know what the problem with certain colors are. If there is ANY hint of torquoise AT ALL it's going to be a pain in the ass to brush. I think it's because something to do with whatever shade all of those problematic blues and greens have in common, it might like, eat away at the fibers when they're being made and maybe that's why they're so damned hard to brush. The fibers are probably super damaged before they're rolled together. It would make sense, because even blue flowering plants are rare because of acid levels. Hmph. Remember, I had to start over the one blue tail for Tomo? I was NOT going to deal with that blue. No. xD

I'M EXCITED FOR CAS SOAP!!!!

I'll never ever ever ever get tired of saying this: "I love bathing myself in men."

And I saw that beauty, you should totally buy her. If I had money you know I would. If only my dad would let me trade in a few of my 623498729836 cars then maybe I could have a cool car! XD
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

dem murrs 2,500 Club TreacleFox's Avatar
    Species
    Fox/cat
    This
    This'd 300 Times in 176 Posts

"I'D LIKE TO BUY A TAIL. PLEASE DISCUSS WITH ME. I WILL POST THIS ON THE FORUM."
    Name: Philip
    Length: 65cm/26in
    Size: Medium
    Poseable or freefall: Freefall
    Colors specified: A foxes tail, orange with a white tip. I would like the orange to be as close to "#DC5116" (HEX code) as you can do, I would prefer a darker orange than that over a too light orange colour.
    References: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/6904244/
    Caribiner: Yes
    Special extensions: No
    Realistic (Variety of shades of each color) or Flat colors (Toony, flat) : I would like it somewhat Realistic, not too much variety in the colour though.
    Allergies, if any : I have no allergies.
    I have read ALL of the Important journal: Watermelon. x3
    Other: Give me a quote on the price and PM me here or on FA.

I live in Australia, how much would shipping be?

Species
    Coyote
    This

@TreacleFox: Hey! Shooting you a PM shortly! We should be able to make a satisfactory tail for ya! ^^

@Bir: Hmm... I feel like the turquoise color in this tail, though, didn't really give me much trouble at all: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7107216/ (It's actually got two different shades of turquoise, one of ILTY and one of IDR (I Don't Remember, lawls). I actually don't think I've ever had any issues with blues, and I've used Navy and Royal of ILTY. I'm not even sure that the forest green in Tamaska's friends tail would've been problematic by itself... I think it was just the base green, called 'Jelly Bean'. But I do agree that it could have something to do with what the dye does to the fibers, not just in the order of coating the fibers and making them stiffer, but doing something to make them tighter overall. Kinda like how white ILTY, unless you are a luckylucky pants, is almost ALWAYS really tight, which makes it take way longer than it seems like it should to brush sometimes X_X
    And, it's a good thing to be able to say, isn't it? In addition, organic sugar and dead sea salt body scrubs have been drafted and successfully utilized. Another thing to add to my expanding 'spa-ish' collection, haha. I'll have to set up an Etsy shop soon... I think $4 per bar of soap and $4 per 4oz. jar of body scrub is fair, don't you? (even with those, hot damn, I dunno how I'm ever gonna make back the investment... I lovelovelove making the things, but it is an EXPENSIVE hobby when you want quality, which, I do.)
    Alas, I had to be practical, so I am soon to be the owner of a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero in dark maroon. Could be worse. She doesn't have AC, will reek of my brother, and has a small crack in the windshield (easily ignored when driving, though, because it's off to the right side, I am told), but, she's at least been maintained well as far as oil changes and such, and recently got all new tires and front brakes, both of which can be big money-drainers but should last a fair while. Should make going to work and such this summer considerably more convenient, rather than having to rely on borrowing my dad's car or getting a ride. Just another thing to rack up expenses, though #_# So it's good and bad.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Traficalshours Alpha Wolf traficalshours's Avatar
    Species
    Vulpes Lagopus Zerda
    This

Well if trading were an option I would ask for a tail.

I can't order one, but I was wonder, My fursona's tail is rather long (nearly 2/3 her body) but the end of it curls to avoid touching the ground. Would the still be possible with the work you do? (Of course if I were ordering I would be offering more for the extra materials.)

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Quote Originally Posted by traficalshours View Post
    Well if trading were an option I would ask for a tail.

I can't order one, but I was wonder, My fursona's tail is rather long (nearly 2/3 her body) but the end of it curls to avoid touching the ground. Would the still be possible with the work you do? (Of course if I were ordering I would be offering more for the extra materials.)

Yes, we do poseable tails.

Update:

..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

@traficalshours: I'm the poseable tail maker! And, well, the whole tail would have to be poseable to do that. That could get heavy, depending on the size of the tail, which it sounds like is pretty long. I'm also kind of picky about trades. I really only cave in for nerdy, fandom related stuff XP (http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/1751066/)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's really only been like a week, but it feels like forever since this place has been updated XD We are both still alive, I promise. I've just been working. MAKIN' THEM SAMMICHES, YO.

Buuuut, I have been working on Suzy's tail, also while watching copious amounts of Dark Shadows. These tails are extra challenging because they are based off real cats, and, well, that is a daunting request, ya'know? I'm making tails that have a high standard because they are based off of important members of someone's life. So I'm trying to do my best to honor Suzy and her kitties : 3

This is my WIP of her cat Saiyuki's tail, thus far:

This is the lighter bottom half, it has a darker upper half that I will be starting shortly after I order some yarn and resume indulging my DS addiction. I will also be completing a tail to resemble her cat Naruto's, for which I will be ordering yarn tonight, and I also will be ordering the yarn for kcwm's two tails : 3

In addition, there is only one for-sure slot left for this year! It seems kind of crazy, but it's true! If you've been considering a tail, now's the time to decide! I mean, I'm sure we'll be open in 2013, but we're still deciding how many slots we want to open for each month, if we want to continue on with our current slot system, and so on. Plus we don't know when we'll be officially opening any slots for 2013. For all I know, they could all be immediate-pay immediate-start tails like we currently occasionally make journals for, or it could in general be a much more relaxed slot system like that. Only time will tell XP (Though if you have any opinions, we are of course happy to hear them! We always take such things into consideration ^^ )

EDIT: Slot taken. Please watch our Furaffinity accounts if you would like a tail in 2012! If we have any sudden openings, they will be posted there!
    Last edited by Cloudy; 06-12-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Post Crusader
    Species
    Red Marbled fox
    This
    Agreed With 2 Times in 1 Post

AWWW! Thank you Cloudy. Makes me want to cry. I have started working on a tail of my own. I will post pics

it's CATASTROPHIC Pirate RadioCatastrophe's Avatar
    Species
    Sika Deer - Cervine
    This
    This'd 5 Times in 5 Posts

I dunno if this has been asked for or even if you have examples (deviant art won't load for me) but I was wondering if it is at all possible to make a deer tail? I tried google searching and came up empty handed, websites usually lead to sites offering the real deal. So have you ever tried making short tails such as a deers tail? I saw you sold clips as well and didn't know how this would work with a clip (I think some sort of velcro clasp would work well) all in all I'm just wondering because I'd like to purchase a custom hopefully soon if not later this year.

[ Flickr | Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook | DeviantArt | Blog | Website ]
    Quote Originally Posted by d.batty View Post
    Women are a myth, like the gay.

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    I dunno if this has been asked for or even if you have examples (deviant art won't load for me) but I was wondering if it is at all possible to make a deer tail? I tried google searching and came up empty handed, websites usually lead to sites offering the real deal. So have you ever tried making short tails such as a deers tail? I saw you sold clips as well and didn't know how this would work with a clip (I think some sort of velcro clasp would work well) all in all I'm just wondering because I'd like to purchase a custom hopefully soon if not later this year.
    Absolutely. Deer tails are actually ADORABLE.

And I have a poseable one to make in December. Though I think it's just as cute nonposeable, as pictured above. So yeah. Tails can be pretty much as small/big as ya want : 3
    We're full for this year, but deer tails are small enough that I could probably work one in without a slot if you wanted if you didn't want a poseable ones (those take longer). So yeah! Hope that helps ^^ You can throw a note my way if you are interested.

Edit: This one's attached with a carabiner, but indeed, some buyers have reported using and preferring bits of Velcro. Every tail has a ring for attachment, so a carabiner or strip of Velcro would through a belt loop both work well.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Melon Collie Dog
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

have got to get me one of these

Species
    Coyote
    This

@kytris: I saw you Watched my account, just keep an eye open! That's how you'll find a slot for 2012 ^^

Updates:
    Finished tail for Suzy of her kitty Saiyuki's tail! I am in love with this one.

...and now I'm going to bed cuz I'm one tired coyotebutt XD
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Coyote
    This

Hey all!
    I have finished Suzy's other tail:

I hope it is satisfactory! As I have said, mimicking real tails is quite a challenge--perfection is even less of an option than usual, so I hope that I have simply done as well as possible!

My yarn shipments have arrived on time, so I should be able to get started right away at the beginning of July with kcwm's tails. Also, we'll be able to congratulate Bir on her new apartment on July 1st (while simultaneously wishing her a happy birthday!). She should have internet shortly thereafter and will be able to provide her own updates. UNTIL THEN YOU GET ME, HOW AWFUL, I KNOW.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

YOU GUYS , I AM ALIVE. HERE IS MY PROOF. -wiggles toes in all yall's face-

Okay, so here's what's happenin' in teh Bir's life: Haven't had internet for a month, and won't have internet until August, or mid-July at the earliest. I am moving into my own place, and Ren Faire is starting, and I have a few larger purchases I have to make including glasses, cabinets for my non-cabineted kitchen and a table and some ren Faire skirts, as well as fabric for a gigantic Ren Faire commission (R.E.S.C.U. - it's an amazing organization that basically works as a type of insurance for people who travel with the faire and dedicate their lives to their traveling shops) I get to make scarves and feathers for the members : D

anyhow, don't expect to hear from me until mid Julyish. June was my no-tail month, so that's why I have been so quiet anyhow. But I'll have two tails to post for July! Yays.

I leave you with a mysterious Bir-glance followed by a slip away into the dark tailless void of non art-ism

..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

GOSH STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT BIR D : <

Okay so hey! Michelle, a slotholder in September, was kind enough to let me know in advance that she needs to cancel her slot. That said, A SEPTEMBER 2012 SLOT IS NOW OPEN! Again, having a slot in September means making 50% downpayment to your tailmaker between August 1st-25th, with your tail to be worked on in September and 50% final payment to be made then. IF YOU ARE A LATER SLOTHOLDER YOU ARE WELCOME TO ASK FOR YOUR SLOT TO BE MOVED UP AS WELL. First asks first gets XP
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

may i? :O

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Rukia509 View Post
    may i? :O
    Sure, post a form, I'll quote you, and if that seems good then I can give you the slot : 3
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

Name: Tomoyuki
    Length: normal ?
    Size: hmm idk how about 1fot
    Poseable
    Colors specified: prupler , blue, white ,pink
    References:
    http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8255284/
    Carabiner: Yes
    Special extensions: No
    Realistic (Variety of shades of each color)
    Allergies, if any : no
    I have read
    ALL of the Important journal (Yes

if i can get the
    September spot i want one for my b-day <3

make a better ref atm but this is what i have for now c':

if its still open >U>

Thread Information