Page 97 of 142 FirstFirst ... 47728793949596979899100101107122 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3547

Thread: ~ 'SkahllyBir Yarn Tails ~

Lone Wolf
    Species
    Snow Cheetah (Cato), Black Wolf (Lucas)
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Re: I'D LIKE TO BUY A TAIL. PLEASE DISCUSS WITH ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    Your FA link doesn't work, but, did you try straightening it with a hair straightener? Just apply the heat for a couple of seconds and brush immediately after. You have to go layer by layer though if it's already on.
    ooohh D: Thank you both. I thought a hair straightener would burn the yard o.o and I applied the yarn before I had brushed it xD. This was my first attempt, didn't do much research on doing these, I just kinda did it on a whim in a few days kinda thing. hehe!! But thank you for the advice. Next time I'll be much more careful and brush and straighten before I apply yarn. o.o Thank you!! <3

PS: Fixed my FA page, sorry >.<
    Last edited by Catokat; 04-13-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Dream a little dream of me.. 2,500 Club Bir's Avatar
    Species
    Pearled wolf
    This
    This'd 106 Times in 52 Posts

Default Re: REALISTIC TAILS. Come on in and get one.

I commented on your yarn tail months ago! XDDDD

Anyway, update : 3

Anyway, sorry for the delay. We have a housing inspection tomorrow and it's been nothing but work work work today and last night. I really shouldn't have been playing with my tablet so much, all the work was stuffed into today. x.x; But at LAST, our house is finally spotless. SPOTLESS. And we bought a plant, as you can kind of see here. XD I like it. Makes our living room very... comfortable.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    I'm a girl. There seems to be some confusion.
    Visit SkahllyBir Tails! High quality yarn tails.
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?t=61019
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Curbside Prophet You Have Taken the Lead Cloudy's Avatar
    Species
    Coyote
    This
    This'd 23 Times in 9 Posts

That tail is truly excellent, very realistic and beautiful! Now I'm even more excited to make a realistic one!

Updates: Have all the yarn I think I'll need brushed out for MissKiwi's tail. Hopefully this weekend I'll get time to work on it! I tend to find time, gotta take breaks from homework sometimes XP Just one more full week to go, then finals, and then May Term! ...I need to get working on my Spenser paper, though. I'm only 4 out of 20 pages in^^;;
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Feline. House cat
    This

i'm curious out how long would i make a tail if i wanted it medium length but i'm only 5ft

Pack Member
    Species
    Horse
    This

I dont see how you can measure it by "ear" or by...reading rather. You'd have to like get a tape measure out and measure it. I'm about 5'8, and medium length is about 16 inches for me, but it doesnt matter about your height, because im 5'8, but my boyfriend is 6'2, however we have the same leg length, i just have very long legs, and he has a longer torso. So its something you gotta measure.

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Annalynn View Post
    i'm curious out how long would i make a tail if i wanted it medium length but i'm only 5ft
    It is most definitely something you'd have to measure yourself, to be honest. Just like Alorii had said. : 3 I am 5'4, but I have a long upper body and short little legs. xD Cloudy has long legs, though we're about the same height within a couple of inches. Though medium tails usually reside in the range of 13 inches to 18 inches. They're my favorite to make, as well. x3

Quote Originally Posted by Alorii View Post
    I dont see how you can measure it by "ear" or by...reading rather. You'd have to like get a tape measure out and measure it. I'm about 5'8, and medium length is about 16 inches for me, but it doesnt matter about your height, because im 5'8, but my boyfriend is 6'2, however we have the same leg length, i just have very long legs, and he has a longer torso. So its something you gotta measure.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Man, there's something wrong with my arm.

Right about where normally a needle would take blood from me would go I get these HORRIBLE random, quick pains that last about 10 seconds or so.

x.x;

Man, it frickin' hurts. I looked up Carpal Tunnel or whatever it is, and I think it may be that, only because I do also have wrist and finger pain.

And yes, this has to do with tailing because it's my brushing arm and this has only ever started happening since I started making tails. x.x;
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Bir View Post
    Man, there's something wrong with my arm.

Right about where normally a needle would take blood from me would go I get these HORRIBLE random, quick pains that last about 10 seconds or so.

x.x;

Man, it frickin' hurts. I looked up Carpal Tunnel or whatever it is, and I think it may be that, only because I do also have wrist and finger pain.

And yes, this has to do with tailing because it's my brushing arm and this has only ever started happening since I started making tails. x.x;
    Are they just quick and random bursts?

I could be way off, but, when you were initially describing it, I totally imagined what it felt like because it happens to me on occasion.

However, it is not associated with wrist and finger pain in my case, it happens when I knit for a length of time. In my case, I believe that it occurs due to limited and repetitive motion. It only occurs in my right arm (the one that moves most when I am knitting), can be spurred by opening and closing the length of my arm at the elbow, and is a sharp, shock-like jolt right on the underside of my elbow.

I don't know if this is what you are describing or not. However, I do not have the associated finger and wrist pain. I do not know if the two are related or simply incidental, wrist/finger pain could be due to recent, lengthy periods of tablet use? Although not so if it occurred before you got your tablet.
    Dunno, just brainstorming. Repetitive activity is my causational diagnosis.

Updates:

Have a ton of stuff ready for MissKiwi's tail, getting the okay on a color before I proceed. Also figured out my blend for Veskar's tail, so while I'm waiting, I can always work on bundling up some stuff for that.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Are they just quick and random bursts?

I could be way off, but, when you were initially describing it, I totally imagined what it felt like because it happens to me on occasion.

However, it is not associated with wrist and finger pain in my case, it happens when I knit for a length of time. In my case, I believe that it occurs due to limited and repetitive motion. It only occurs in my right arm (the one that moves most when I am knitting), can be spurred by opening and closing the length of my arm at the elbow, and is a sharp, shock-like jolt right on the underside of my elbow.

I don't know if this is what you are describing or not. However, I do not have the associated finger and wrist pain. I do not know if the two are related or simply incidental, wrist/finger pain could be due to recent, lengthy periods of tablet use? Although not so if it occurred before you got your tablet.
    Dunno, just brainstorming. Repetitive activity is my causational diagnosis.

Updates:

Have a ton of stuff ready for MissKiwi's tail, getting the okay on a color before I proceed. Also figured out my blend for Veskar's tail, so while I'm waiting, I can always work on bundling up some stuff for that.
    I dunno. It never ever happens when I'm actually working on anything. For example, today it happened when I was just sitting and looking through a magazine after making dinner.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Fox
    This

-raises paw- i love these tails, but i was wondering, becasue im poor, if i could pay you in installments? like X amount of money every two week (meaning my paycheck comes in :P) if you say no, i completely understand

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by zachi View Post
    -raises paw- i love these tails, but i was wondering, becasue im poor, if i could pay you in installments? like X amount of money every two week (meaning my paycheck comes in :P) if you say no, i completely understand
    I personally would accept installments, but only if they were via Paypal, and your tail would have to be paid in full before it was shipped.
    See, we typically don't take any payment whatsoever before you see the finished product. But I have made exceptions to that when it has been more convenient for the customer.
    Also, we each have a fair list of tails that would need to be done before yours. If you put a payment aside on your own every two weeks, by the time yours was finished you'd probably have enough : 3 Like I said, we don't ask for payment upfront, so, it's not like if you placed an order you'd have to start paying now. You get put onto one of our lists, which we work on in order, and once we get to your tail we notify you, send you a WIP shot when we're about halfway through typically, and then show you finished shots and request payment.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Fox
    This

I personally would accept installments, but only if they were via Paypal, and your tail would have to be paid in full before it was shipped.
    See, we typically don't take any payment whatsoever before you see the finished product. But I have made exceptions to that when it has been more convenient for the customer.
    Also, we each have a fair list of tails that would need to be done before yours. If you put a payment aside on your own every two weeks, by the time yours was finished you'd probably have enough : 3 Like I said, we don't ask for payment upfront, so, it's not like if you placed an order you'd have to start paying now. You get put onto one of our lists, which we work on in order, and once we get to your tail we notify you, send you a WIP shot when we're about halfway through typically, and then show you finished shots and request payment.
    thats good to know, and i only use paypal for any sort of commission unless said otherwise....well i guess ill go and fill out the form after work today and start putting money aside then :3
    Last edited by zachi; 04-17-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

thats good to know, and i only use paypal for any sort of commission unless said otherwise....well i guess ill go and fill out the form after work today and start putting money aside then :3
    Awesome, can't wait to hear from you then. : 3 Thanks Cloudy for explaining. ^^
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Fox
    This

Awesome, can't wait to hear from you then. : 3 Thanks Cloudy for explaining. ^^
    Quick question. im going to make a note and stick it to my desk.
    what would be a good width for a 17-19 inch long fox tail...im was thinking medium, but im just curious what you think (i like hearing other people opinions about stuff)
    Last edited by zachi; 04-17-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Species
    Coyote
    This

what would be a good width for a 17-19 inch long fox tail...im was thinking medium, but im just curious what you think (i like hearing other people opinions about stuff)
    I personally like medium wide tails. Basically, it depends on how poofy you want it to look. If you want a slender fox tail, normal wide. Something more noticeable? Medium. I find that medium wides look nicest to me.
    And if you want a crazy pooftastic giant tail, large-wide. Cool if you're going extravagant, and want it to be impossible to overlook, otherwise, I would suggest the normal-to-medium wide range, depending on how poofy you want it.
    So I guess that makes my opinion, medium-wide XP No matter what you choose we'll make it look good for ya, but a little extra poof than normal is appropriate for a fox tail.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Fox
    This

I personally like medium wide tails. Basically, it depends on how poofy you want it to look. If you want a slender fox tail, normal wide. Something more noticeable? Medium. I find that medium wides look nicest to me.
    And if you want a crazy pooftastic giant tail, large-wide. Cool if you're going extravagant, and want it to be impossible to overlook, otherwise, I would suggest the normal-to-medium wide range, depending on how poofy you want it.
    So I guess that makes my opinion, medium-wide XP No matter what you choose we'll make it look good for ya, but a little extra poof than normal is appropriate for a fox tail.
    ok. now im trying to remember the numbers. A freind of mine actually had a tape measure with her, and we took a few measurements. if i remember, 18 inches brings it just under my knee...hmmm 18 or 19 inches

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Yes, I would definitely have to agree that a medium or large wide tail would look the best. Fox tails are by nature super super fluffy, and I think fox tails anything smaller than a medium wide look just plain... well, silly. : / They're more like cat tails at that point.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

@zachi: As for length, that's totally your call. Go with what you think would look best and fit your budget.

Finished MissKiwi's tail!
    ...Well, unless she asks for any changes. I sort of failed on my whole WIP thing. Because I took shots of it halfway done and then proceeded to be incredibly frustrated with my spots (they were not good enough for me) and so I DESTROYED THEM.
    ...And they became better. The spots were supposed to be more "perfect" and "manageable", two words which do not correlate with yarn tails. So I modified the bundles to make them more obedient. And I think the end result is bueno. I'm pretty happy with it now.

Next up is Veskar's rush tail. This works out well because it puts me a bit ahead of schedule.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Stoat
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

Lovin' the tail, Cloudy. Can't wait for more!

Species
    Coyote
    This

I had some extra, already-straightened bundles lying about as well as a base that needed some love, so I made a little tail today.

My arms were resisting brushing anyway, figured I may as well put my time to use somehow.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Fox
    This

Yes, I would definitely have to agree that a medium or large wide tail would look the best. Fox tails are by nature super super fluffy, and I think fox tails anything smaller than a medium wide look just plain... well, silly. : / They're more like cat tails at that point.
    ok, well i guess a medium tail will be what im going for...now for the length.

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

I had some extra, already-straightened bundles lying about as well as a base that needed some love, so I made a little tail today.

My arms were resisting brushing anyway, figured I may as well put my time to use somehow.
    IT'S SO CUTE! XD And I have like, an entire bag of extra already-prepared fluffs just waiting for a base. I'mma collect a bit more before I use it, though.

ok, well i guess a medium tail will be what im going for...now for the length.
    Hmm, fox tail... Personally, my own fox tail was about 25 inches long. I think fox tails generally should be between 18 and 25 inches long if they are a medium wide. Not too long, not too short.

If it were a normal wide, I'd say the absolute longest a fox tail should be is 20 inches.
    And if it were a large wide, I'd say the absolute longest a fox tail should be is... I dunno, 50 inches? XD Nobody has ever ordered a tail longer than 36 inches long, though.

Also, update: Sent out randerwolf's tail today!
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Fox
    This

Hmm, fox tail... Personally, my own fox tail was about 25 inches long. I think fox tails generally should be between 18 and 25 inches long if they are a medium wide. Not too long, not too short.

If it were a normal wide, I'd say the absolute longest a fox tail should be is 20 inches.
    And if it were a large wide, I'd say the absolute longest a fox tail should be is... I dunno, 50 inches? XD Nobody has ever ordered a tail longer than 36 inches long, though.

Also, update: Sent out randerwolf's tail today!
    Ok...so ill splurge and go with a 20 inch...now where are my sticky notes...-goes on a hunt-

Species
    Siamese cat
    This
    This'd 11 Times in 11 Posts

Ah.... I really want one but I don't know if I'll actually be able to buy one....
    Could I ask how much a cat tail would be?
    A Siamese cat tail.
    Interested in a commission from me?
    Check out my prices here: http://www.furaffinity.net/commissions/anniekitty/
    I make kandi too!

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Ok...so ill splurge and go with a 20 inch...now where are my sticky notes...-goes on a hunt-
    Alright. : 3 Sounds perfect.

Just to make things a bit easier with the finding and referencing for us, could you fill out the form with all of the proper information?

: 3

Quote Originally Posted by anniekitty View Post
    Ah.... I really want one but I don't know if I'll actually be able to buy one....
    Could I ask how much a cat tail would be?
    A Siamese cat tail.
    It all depends on how long you want it. As you should have seen from the front page, we price per inch.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Thread Information