Page 120 of 142 FirstFirst ... 207095110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3547

Thread: ~ 'SkahllyBir Yarn Tails ~

Dream a little dream of me.. 2,500 Club Bir's Avatar
    Species
    Pearled wolf
    This
    This'd 106 Times in 52 Posts

Default Re: ~ 'SkahllyBir Yarn Tails ~

Quote Originally Posted by mika3585 View Post
    hey guys is it okay if i can get another order of a tail but i want it in October
    Name: zakiya
    Length: 15
    Size: wolf tail (i think its a medium right)
    Poseable or freefall: freefall
    Colors specified: black white silver i want it to have a black tip
    References: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4693720/
    Caribiner: Yes
    Special extensions: No
    Realistic (Variety of shades of each color) or Flat colors (Toony, flat) : realistic
    Allergies, if any : none at all
    I have read ALL of the Important journal: star fruit
    Other: if cloudly do my first tail can you bir do this one but if it is the other way around if it is okay with u cloudly can you do this one. i want 1 tail from each of you
    Awesome! You're the first person to reference that particular tail I've made.It was one of my absolute favorites. : 3

Anyhow, a 15 inch medium wide will cost: $56.25

If this price sounds good to you, I will go ahead and add you to our October list. : 3

And I would love to do this tail!
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    I'm a girl. There seems to be some confusion.
    Visit SkahllyBir Tails! High quality yarn tails.
    http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?t=61019
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Lone Wolf
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bir View Post
    Awesome! You're the first person to reference that particular tail I've made.It was one of my absolute favorites. : 3

Anyhow, a 15 inch medium wide will cost: $56.25

If this price sounds good to you, I will go ahead and add you to our October list. : 3

And I would love to do this tail!

yay that sounds good to me yay

Curbside Prophet You Have Taken the Lead Cloudy's Avatar
    Species
    Coyote
    This
    This'd 23 Times in 9 Posts

@najee: Thanks for posting a picture! ^^ We love seeing people wearing their tails!

@mika: I love that tail Bir made! Also, sounds like we have a plan! X3 Looks like I'll be making your first tail and Bir will be making that one. Works for me! ^^

Obviously I am back. Some flight delays, verryyyverrry windy in RI and a huge lineup of planes in Chicago, so a bit later than hoped. I need to do some much-needed shopping tomorrow, and then it is my mama's birthday on Saturday, but I am itching to get some work done on ShadowTiger's tail so hopefully I'll find some time to do that. Cuz Sunday a lot of the day will be spent driving back to Iowa, bleh...

Edit: Ugh. Sorry, Shadow, but it will be longer than expected until I can get you a WIP. I tried to taper your tail, doing the same thing I do for all of my tails now so that the tip is more of a tip, and it just looks bleh. I don't like it, so I'm going to be remaking your base, and that needs to be done before I can really do much more work--I don't want to make and brush a bunch of bundles and then realize that you don't like the colors/blends I picked (I think you will like them, though!). So... Maybe that can get done tonight. I really want to get to work on it... bases are such a pain D ;
    As it is I may have to bribe my roommate to help me brush some bundles when I get back ^^;; Nearing the end of the semester where I am, which basically means there is tons of work to be done. I kind of forgot that I have an IRB proposal due this Tuesday, so all of my spare time tonight (and probably some tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday too, unfortunately) will have to be devoted to that. For those of you that have never had the joy of submitting IRB proposals, you have to not only submit a detailed explanation of what you are doing, but also all of the materials that your participants will be seeing. That means everything on down the line from the email you are sending out to recruit participants to what you're going to say to them in the debriefing. And since my paradigm is slightly material-heavy, I have to figure out exactly how I'm going to present all of my materials and get them made. I know for sure I'll need 48 study-papers and an end of test booklet, plus some sort of arithmetic puzzles... Such joy >_< And I also need to write up my own sort of proposal for my teacher for that class. Then I'll need to start training a rat to play basketball. Then I have two projects in my other two classes. Then... XP You see where I'm going from here.
    I know, I know, the updates are probably somewhat unnecessary--you don't, after all, need "The Cloudy Life Story." But, since I personally like to know what is going on with people I commission, and why I don't see WIPs in certain timeframes, I provide such information anyway. You can always skim or skip if you don't care, just don't get used to it, as sometimes I DO have genuinely important things to say XP

'Nother Update 3/10/2012:

Last edited by Cloudy; 03-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    humanus lolicus
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

Going to furry weekend atlanta next week, ill be sure to get lots of pictures for you guys c:

Lone Wolf
    This

Quote Originally Posted by najee010 View Post
    Going to furry weekend atlanta next week, ill be sure to get lots of pictures for you guys c:
    awwwww i forgot about that all i have been thinking about is momocon. so r u going to dragon con or awa later on this year

Species
    humanus lolicus
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mika3585 View Post
    awwwww i forgot about that all i have been thinking about is momocon. so r u going to dragon con or awa later on this year
    Nah im only getting to go to fwa because im on spring break in atlanta the exact week its happening. I dont have money to travel just for cons XD but this is just a stroke of pure luck and coincidence

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

XD The only con I'll be attending anytime soon is ACen. I'm pretty psyched.

Cloudy: The tail is looking great so far. The pointed tips are a MAJOR pain in the ass to get right. The only way to do it really really nicely is the binding method, but then it isn't as strong.

Updates on my end: I have begun work on the fox tail, and it's coming along marvelously thus far. I'm using a wide variety of blends, and I'm using a secret ingredient technique I've been itching to use. If all turns out well, the tail will be 10X the worth I'm selling it for, man. I'm very very excited. It's a brand new step into making these as realistic as possible. No WIPs till I'm about a third of the way done though, okay everyone? xD Because it's kind of just a white tip with some dark orange/red around it, nothing spectacular has happened yet. I need a bit more on it to make a good WIP.

I've been screwing around with my new camera (Olympus C-5050 zoom) and it's AMAZING. If you hold down the button, it takes multiple pictures of it with different lights. The first one is lighter, and the longer you hold it the more pictures it takes and the more contrast the pictures have. It's really really amazing and I loves it.

Two pictures of Olive I took with it, here you go. I think it captured her fur so beautifully that this camera is finally going to show off these tails the way they need to be. Full view them

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7569592/

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7569574/
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

I'm not attending any cons this year, because I have no social life! Yay!
    (Well, I may attend Kollision Con way out there in November for a day or two if Bir and I have the time to venture out and scope out our potential first selling-con)

The binding method is awful when I try to use it on large wides. Every other size I really like it on, and lately I've been doing it for every single tail because it's worth it to me to do so. But it looks terrible when I do it for large wides. I bet it's because my large wide bases are so much bigger than yours--for me they are just nasty rectangular ends when I do them. The old method produces a better effect. Still, though, I'd say that large wides just aren't prone to having a very tapered tip. Normal wides seem to do that the best.

Those pictures look great! The contrast effect is seriously cool. I need to see what special stuff my camera can do still; I don't know that it can do anything like that, but I'm sure it has some special features I haven't played around with yet. I'm excited to see your new technique. I'm wondering if it'll be the same idea I've been thinking of trying (if your secret ingredient involves undercoat). I know you said you figured something out for that, and I think that I have too, just haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. It'll be interesting to see if what we came up with is the same or not. Usually we tend to do things differently, but who knows XP I might try what I'm thinking on Tamaska's tail once I get to it, since he wants realism.

Working on a batch of fluffs for Shadow's tail at the moment, and drew up a few stripe designs because I really want at least a few curly stripes to be in there. Trying to get ahead of some school stuff tonight, wish me luck! Because I'd really like to be able to have time to get ShadowTiger's tail done by the 20th, so I have at least 10 days to dedicate to Tamaska's. I feel like it is EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE DONE! time in the semester, haha ^^; BUT GOOD NEWS! The rat has been eating Cheetos. SHE ATE A FOOD OBJECT OUT OF SOMEBODY'S HAND. SEVERAL TIMES. You have no idea how exciting this is. We can actually work on training her now. BOOYAH!
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    Pearled wolf
    This

Good luck getting your school stuff worked on. There's always that time of year where EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT THIS INSTANT, NO WAITING NO PLAYING JUST WORK. And it sucks. I know.

I'm moving really slowly this week, I feel like I'm just in falalalalala land like I just am floating in and out of existence. Work, then wavering in and out of consciousness. But today I sat down and did a lot of work, and I plan on doing the same from now on. I wonder what's making me feel like that X.x;

Anyhowsers,

large wides SUCK. They are terrible to make. They make me want to punch things. Ugh.

EVERYONE.

YOU WANT MEDIUM WIDE 18 INCHES. I PROMISE. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING ELSE.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..
    Icon drawn by me.
    ..~..~..~..~..~..

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Bir View Post
    Good luck getting your school stuff worked on. There's always that time of year where EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT THIS INSTANT, NO WAITING NO PLAYING JUST WORK. And it sucks. I know.

I'm moving really slowly this week, I feel like I'm just in falalalalala land like I just am floating in and out of existence. Work, then wavering in and out of consciousness. But today I sat down and did a lot of work, and I plan on doing the same from now on. I wonder what's making me feel like that X.x;

Anyhowsers,

large wides SUCK. They are terrible to make. They make me want to punch things. Ugh.

EVERYONE.

YOU WANT MEDIUM WIDE 18 INCHES. I PROMISE. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING ELSE.
    Says the Bir that once wrote, "Large wides are the absolute BEST. Everything looks good in a large wide, period." It used to say that on the front page (paraphrased). It did!

I can't argue much for this tail, though. Large wide really will be the best for it. I got a lot accomplished today, so Bev and I watched The Others on Netflix tonight (pretty good supernatural thriller, hadn't seen it for a while) and I got my batch all brushed out. Still need to make and brush out a mini-batch more so that I have an even distribution of fluffs, but it's good to note progress. I've been feeling a bit on the overwhelmed side as of late so it's really good to feel like I'm at least a little bit on top of things. Next pic should have some swirly/zigzag stripes, wish me luck!

But yes. Medium/normal wide, 18 inches. Best by far. Well, for canids in general, at least. An 18 inch normal wide cheetah tail would be a tad on the stubby side. Of course, that's my personal opinion, though. I guess one might consider larger tails more human-proportionate, I'm just used to seeing animal-sized tails on people so I think they're more proportionate.
    IN ANY CASE I CAN'T REALLY ARGUE BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PAYING ME TO MAKE TAILS AND I LOVE THEM FOR IT : D
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Lone Wolf
    Species
    Fox-Wolf mix,folfie
    This

Anticipation is killing me , I just can't wait for my tail it so close I just cannot wait x.x , **Brain explodes thinking about it **

Species
    Coyote
    This

@Tamaska: X3 Patience, grasshopper. Soon, soon... : P

Updates:

*le sigh*
    Despite my best efforts, the swirl turned out massively and imperfect. I feel accomplished in that I know I did my best to create it (other than one spot that I will fix should shadow want to keep it that way, right on the bottom side of the curl), but it's still not what I was going for, and not how shadow's tail is. So from here I need to wait for a response to see what I should do. I know I can fill a tail with interesting stripes, as I've done it before, but I really wanted to master a tighter curl. Alas, yarn-fur is a fickle mistress.
    I can't lie, I think it looks pretty cool even like that, if I added another sort of swirl-thing to the top and just filled in the rest with littler stripeys. But I'll see what the commissioner has to say, first of all. That's what matters the most.

Added 2 more commissions to the front page; slots are now only available in November and December. Also added an addendum to the bottom of the slots list; since we're filling up so fast, but occasionally still experience a customer that no longer wants their slot once downpayment time comes, I've developed a sort of solution for individuals that may have really wanted that slot. Note, this may not be true for Bir, but, should I find over the summer that I have more time on my hands and finish my assigned tails with plenty of leftover time in the month and want to take on another tail, I will be creating journals saying as much. They will be kind of 'instant finish' commissions, requiring immediate downpayment but also immediate start. (So they may be limited to colors in stock and such, though I always have a ton anyhow XP ) Just figured that might be a good way to add in extra slots without adding in ones that I can't be sure I can finish. (Although, who knows, I may find I don't even have time for anymore slots than I already have down)
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

You Have Taken the Lead DragoonHowl's Avatar
    Species
    canine
    This

I was just thinking of asking for a tail but I wanted it for Anthrocon and your all filled up lol I guess I will have to go back to plan A

Species
    humanus lolicus
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey bir i got a few pictures of my tail, theres a piece really near the top and its like the knots a little spaced out a little and im wondering if something is wrong. I cant really explain but the pics should help XD its also the only part of the tail thats like that if i raise the fur a bit

http://imageshack.us/f/194/dsc01310qw.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/827/un2p.png/

Last pic is how it looks brushed over but wearing it for a little while it looks a little wierd ( i might have to get u a picture of that)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/861/dsc01312t.jpg/

Species
    Coyote
    This

@najee: Your tail looks perfectly normal to me. A bit of space between knots is normal, and necessary unless you want an overdone and hellaciously heavy tail. It might look weird if your shirt rubs against it when you're wearing it, since it's right at the top. Just an idea, though. You can see what Bir has to say as well of course. But until then I'd say not to worry unless you've had a bundle fall off or something. And you'd probably know if you did because more would follow.

@dragoon: Yeah, we've filled up really fast this year. You can keep your eye out for an immediate-pay/immediate-start slot in my journals, but I don't know that there would be one between now and Anthrocon, unless my May slot bailed or something.
    Last edited by Cloudy; 03-15-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    humanus lolicus
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    @najee: Your tail looks perfectly normal to me. A bit of space between knots is normal, and necessary unless you want an overdone and hellaciously heavy tail. It might look weird if your shirt rubs against it when you're wearing it, since it's right at the top. Just an idea, though. You can see what Bir has to say as well of course. But until then I'd say not to worry unless you've had a bundle fall off or something. And you'd probably know if you did because more would follow.

@dragoon: Yeah, we've filled up really fast this year. You can keep your eye out for an immediate-pay/immediate-start slot in my journals, but I don't know that there would be one between now and Anthrocon, unless my May slot bailed or something.
    phew thanks so much thats a big worry off my mind, i was thinking i have to buy a new one and i wouldnt get it until november n that was killing me but im relieved and will still wear it almost everyday xD but ill make sure treat it even more careful now that a new one is out of the question

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by najee010 View Post
    phew thanks so much thats a big worry off my mind, i was thinking i have to buy a new one and i wouldnt get it until november n that was killing me but im relieved and will still wear it almost everyday xD but ill make sure treat it even more careful now that a new one is out of the question
    Yep, you should be good. A little bit of messiness at the top, like I said, is usually due to the fibers getting caught up with a shirt or whatever. Easily fixed by a quick brush every once in a while : 3
    And, just so you know, if something happened to your tail that was our fault, not yours, we wouldn't make you buy a new tail ^^; That's bad business. If you let a dog rip up your tail or throw it in the washing machine, for example, then you have to pay us to redo it. But if a bundle falls out in normal wear? You need to save those for us and we'll fix your tail for you, you just need to send it back to us. We work really hard on everyone's tails, and we want them to have a good, quality product in exchange for their payment and their faith in us to make them a good tail.

Updates: Only about 4 inches left on shadowtiger18's tail! Working on finishing up the last batch of fluffs, and from there, sewing is the quickest part for me so I'm hoping to have her done by the end of the weekend^^ I'm super digging this tail, it hangs on the back of my door (we have, like, a towel rack bar on there) and I like to just look at it like a derp XP
    Last edited by Cloudy; 03-16-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Lone Wolf
    Species
    Fox-Wolf mix,folfie
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    @Tamaska: X3 Patience, grasshopper. Soon, soon... : P
    I know I know I must wait , I have several friends bugging me about it now too they are as ready to see it as I am ,lol. I'm so ready Xp I sit ready under this clouded moon in the rain for the notice that my tail made soon be started and even ready in the future . <3 so much excitement ^.^

Species
    Coyote
    This

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everybody! Celebrate wisely and well. (I personally have already watched about 7 episodes of Dark Shadows today!)

And, along with me watching pretty much anything (with the exception of foreign language or silent films), I have updates!

Including the completion (barring any requested changes, of course) of shadowtiger18's tail!

(and cute stripey underbelly)

I really, really like this tail. This is an example of the perfect sort of tail for a large wide to be. I hope shadowtiger18 likes it as much as I do. I know I wasn't able to do tight swirls (of which she was very understanding), but I'm really happy about what I could do, and I think it all turned out very well.

I hope to have some more artistic shots of it being worn, too. Currently I'm just the only one at the apartment XP It's Bevvy's mama's birthday so they are out playing bingo and such. But maybe tonight or tomorrow I will have the opportunity to get some shots.

On to Tamaska's tail! You needn't wait anymore! : D If I don't get started on it today I will hope to do so tomorrow. I'll have a WIP for you once I get somewhere around halfway through : 3
    Last edited by Cloudy; 03-18-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Species
    humanus lolicus
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

[IMG][/IMG]

me getting attacked with hugs at fwa XD sorry i couldnt get muh tail in the shot and zomg when i saw everyones tail compared to the one u made me, they were all stiff and barely moved while yours is flexible and freely moving

Species
    Coyote
    This

Looks like you had a good time at FWA! ^^ Glad you enjoyed wearing your tail though!

I also have to add this pic, I love it:
    This may well be one of my favorite tails EVER, if not my favorite hands down. Granted, I feel that way a lot right after completing a tail, but this one definitely has its own uniqueness factor going on, and I think the colors came out really well : 3

Base made for Tamaska's tail! Need to start bundling now. First I really need to study for my second midterm tomorrow, though. Guh, I'm just not in the mood when I'm feeling inspired! I want to make stuff! I even pulled out the colored pencils last night, Midori just had to be drawn (it was St. Paddy's Day and he was Irish in a past life, he's just sure of it). Blahblah. But it's over 9 chapters so I should really get to that^^;; Eep, and I'm running subjects for my experiment for half of next week and all of the week after... the pre-experiment prep is going to be killer, I'm randomizing absolutely every possible variable... And offering slots basically from 9AM-6PM, because clearly I hate myself. (though, I need to get as many people as possible and it'll take like 30 min. a pop, so, gotta do what ya gotta do. Even so I have 91 slots, and I'm hoping that at least 50-60 of those get filled. Perks are that it's the end of the semester, and extra credit is available for some people, so, that might be an inspiring factor XD ) < - what being a psychology student is like. Don't do it. XP
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

This

how much does a tail cost on average?

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by -darkwolf- View Post
    how much does a tail cost on average?
    $1,205.32 .

Okay, no. But there really isn't a "cost on average." It more has to do with exactly what people are looking for in a tail, because we do any length and multiple widths.
    However, because the most popular length and width is probably a medium wide of about 20-24 inches, probably around $75-90. Large wides have become increasingly popular as of late, those are usually more like $125-160.
    In lots of cases, though, normal wides are perfectly appropriate, and they usually lower that range to about $40-70.
    Hope that helps.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

sorry to say but cloudy have t\u heard from bir?

i sent my payment for my tail but she has not accepted it yet D:

Species
    Coyote
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Rukia509 View Post
    sorry to say but cloudy have t\u heard from bir?

i sent my payment for my tail but she has not accepted it yet D:
    Last I heard she hadn't gotten it yet, but I haven't seen her online lately, so, I don't know what's up. I'll text her about it so she knows you've sent it. Thanks for letting me know.

Blah, I was gonna mail off shadowtiger's tail today. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Went to play with rats. Came outside.
    GROSS AND RAINY >_>
    Hopefully tomorrow it'll be nicer, or I can get a ride to the post office.
    Icon by TheStory.

GOT TAIL?

Thread Information