View Poll Results: What web browser do you use?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefox

85 65.89%
  • Safari

20 15.50%
  • Google Chrome

32 24.81%
  • Opera

14 10.85%
  • Internet Explorer

18 13.95%
  • Other (if you choose this, please state browser below)

12 9.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What web browser do you use?

Banned 2,500 Club
    Species
    Raigonetta
    This
    This'd 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Re: What web browser do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Attaman View Post
    I like internet explorer if using Windows, Safari if using a Mac, have never been on a Linux so can't say there.

Kinda dislike the Firefox crowd, as they're basically to IE what Mac's users are to PC owners / PS3 owners are to 360 users (See: Annoyingly smug).

"Internet Explorer's slow :V" Really? How come for me then every time I boot Firefox it takes about a minute to open, whereas IE's open in about ten seconds? And if talking about general browsing: If you really can't wait .2 seconds more for your web-page to load, saving maybe one minute of time if you're online for about 4-5 hours a sitting, you've got to take a step back from the computer.

"Firefox can do more :V" Really? Last I checked, it was all extra things you searched up and added to your Firefox Browser. And guess what? Internet Explorer can get those too.

"Firefox has a spell check :V" Congrats, you just admitted that you need a spell check most of the time for your posts, and are too lazy (but then, you're also gloating about saving about 30-40 seconds of time each sitting from marginally faster page loading that I personally have never noticed, so I guess it isn't a surprise) to manually check your work.

Yes, there are some good merits for Firefox over IE. However, most of the "praise" I hear on heaped on it and insults thrown on IE is essentially what I hear Mac users saying about PC's, but with "Mac" replaced with "Firefox" and "PC" replaced with "Internet Explorer".
    Attaman: Can I suggest trying either safari or chrome. each run quite faster than firefox does currently.

Live and let live. Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    blue rat
    This
    This'd 748 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aurali View Post
    Attaman: Can I suggest trying either safari or chrome. each run quite faster than firefox does currently.
    WILL CHROME MAKE IT LOOK LIKE MY BROWSER IS FROM SPAAAAACE?

Meow. You Have Taken the Lead
    Species
    Kitty
    This
    This'd 30 Times in 17 Posts

Chrome, as it takes up the least screen space.
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherbloodywolf View Post
    EDIT: in case you hadnt figured, a severed boob in the face will not be gracefully recieved by any cyclist

-_- You Have Taken the Lead TriggerhappyWolf's Avatar
    Species
    unique wolf
    This

Safari via my iPhone.
    On my pc explorer or a modified safari.
    you can be alone even in a crowd

One More Time IT'S OVER 9,000!!!1!!11! CynicalCirno's Avatar
    This
    This'd 180 Times in 140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carenath View Post
    Incorrect. Opera started out as a research project by Norwegian Telco Telenor, and they spun it off into a seperate company in 1996.
    Firefox, is based off Netscape Communicator's codebase which itself was originally based on NCSA Mosaic.
    Internet Explorer was based off a version of NCSA Mosaic developed by Spyglass Inc.
    Of the three, Netscape and Internet Explorer share a common history, and as such are capable of rendering non-standard or broken code rather similarly which might be one reason Firefox quickly gained a large share of the userbase.

Considering how awful Internet Explorer 6 and previous were, particularly in relation to standards and security, that smugness was justified. Considering the rise in Firefox's popularity as a more secure alternative convinced website owners to fix their sites, and spurred Microsoft into finally getting off it's arse and updating Internet Explorer.. the team that develops Firefox has every reason to be proud of their accomplishment.. although I don't see any reason these days for Firefox users to be 'annoyingly smug' anymore, the goal was accomplished.

Internet Explorer itself, is an integral part of the Windows Operating system, and as a result loads as part of Windows. When you launch IE, you're just loading a 600KB-odd sized wrapper application that leverages the same componant's that drive Windows Explorer, to load and render your web pages.

Firefox cannot leverage this same advantage at present.

All discussions asside, my personal preference for the moment, is Mozilla Firefox owing to a variety of extensions that are not available for the others.
    I do not like Internet Explorer, although v7 was a significant improvement and v8 has gone a long way into regaining some of my respect, it is still not without it's problems although I do use it from time to time for other reasons.
    I do not like Safari, it made doing what would be routine things on Firefox or Internet Explorer, cumbersome.
    I like Opera, it was my default browser on the Mac for years, though I moved back to Firefox for the add-on extensions.
    I haven't used Chrome yet, it need's to fix a few issues with the extensions to convince me to switch to it, asside from that, it has promise.

On my phone.. I use Opera almost exclusively although Internet Explorer is also present there.. I have less reason to use it since Opera does a stunning job and I have not yet encountered any site that fails on Opera.
    Didn't know that - I am impressed.
    But once again, I don't know what I don't want to - as I know more about the B-2 spirit than I know about my favorite food.
    Once again, chrome has it's promises and I like it.
    Firefox is just not my kind of browser and it also has the word "fox" that completly urges me to go to the more technological or something word "Chrome". Also, firefox does NOT have any miku skin I know of, and that sucks. I also tried to be retarded once and downloaded internet explorer 1. Turned out I needed Windows 95 or lower.
    Anyway, thanks for the share of knogledge and I suggest you to move to Chrome fast 8D

All Aboard The Crazy Bus! Post Crusader kashaki's Avatar
    This
    This'd 8 Times in 4 Posts

I use Chrome.

back'n up back'n up Broke the 10K Barrier
    Still Hasn't Seen the Sun
    Species
    arctic fox
    This
    This'd 32 Times in 24 Posts

Firefox. It works best for me. It also has nothing to do with me being a furry if someone tries to pull that dumb ass card.

Also: This has been done before recently in the bits & bytes section if I recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigor Sardonicus View Post
    A word of advice to any other girl here: Don't. Even with butter on the outside, the crumbs will itch like hell by the time you get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    Phoenix, you're an ass and I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArielMT View Post
    GET A ROOM, GUYS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylak View Post
    Yeah, personally I like em shorter; sometimes the long ones are just too much fluff and not enough substance.

psn : benny19poohbaaa Ninja bennyboy1995's Avatar
    Species
    Drolf
    This

i use my psp
    Meh Inc.

Kitsune of the PC Master Race The 5,000 Club Runefox's Avatar
    Species
    Kitsune
    This
    This'd 552 Times in 336 Posts

Kinda dislike the Firefox crowd, as they're basically to IE what Mac's users are to PC owners / PS3 owners are to 360 users (See: Annoyingly smug).
    Except IE users are actually currently the major source of malware infections on the internet right now and have been for the past decade. :P

"Internet Explorer's slow :V" Really? How come for me then every time I boot Firefox it takes about a minute to open, whereas IE's open in about ten seconds?
    I have this problem with Firefox where it takes 5-10 secs to start.

Chrome takes less than one second to start. :P

And if talking about general browsing: If you really can't wait .2 seconds more for your web-page to load, saving maybe one minute of time if you're online for about 4-5 hours a sitting, you've got to take a step back from the computer.
    So instead of "You can make this faster by using something else", it's "Well why don't you take a break from the computer". o_O OK then. All of this isn't even touching on the fact that both Firefox and IE's user interface freezes while rendering pages (IE in this case takes about a second, FF is a momentary hitch), which means you can't switch tabs, hit the back button, or do anything, really, while the browser is waiting on that page to render.

"Firefox can do more :V" Really? Last I checked, it was all extra things you searched up and added to your Firefox Browser. And guess what? Internet Explorer can get those too.
    Internet Explorer's add-ons typically consist of toolbars and search redirection malware.

Yes, there are some good merits for Firefox over IE. However, most of the "praise" I hear on heaped on it and insults thrown on IE is essentially what I hear Mac users saying about PC's, but with "Mac" replaced with "Firefox" and "PC" replaced with "Internet Explorer".
    It might be different if not for the fact that the browser is still swiss-cheese security-wise (in this case, it's by design) and is still the slowest around. IE8's better than its predecessors, but it still holds true. Honestly? In my case, it's not "Firefox is better than IE", it's "anything is better than IE". Chrome. Safari. Opera. Firefox. Anything.
    Last edited by Runefox; 02-12-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    Believe in the you that believes in yourself. ~ Kaamos // Sagacious advice for all people
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Runefox Belmont: Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!
    Obamula: WHAT IS A MAN!? *glass breaks* A miserable little pile of infringements!

Banned 2,500 Club
    Species
    Raigonetta
    This

I honestly picked firefox... Safari is currently faster and does everything but one thing... It doesn't check the title of the url when it searches.. (in the url bar) if it did that. I'd be only on safari.
    Last edited by Aurali; 02-12-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Watch out for snakes! Forum Legend Riley's Avatar
    Species
    oat
    This
    This'd 240 Times in 118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atrakaj View Post
    Sean of the Dead?
    I honestly do not follow.

Banned 2,500 Club
    Species
    QUEEN OF ENGLAND LOL
    This
    This'd 171 Times in 84 Posts

A mix of Chrome and IE because there's some stuff google still can't do (well).
    O:

¤Resident Crazy Wolfdog¤ Post Crusader Marietta's Avatar
    Species
    Kunming Wolfdog
    This
    This'd 1 Time in 1 Post

FireFox and Safari.

I used Safari when FF isn't working.
    But FF loads faster on my PC.
    "I can smell your festering cunt from here!"
    --Franken Fran--

Beware of Molesters Forum Legend footfoe's Avatar
    Species
    Kitty cat <3
    This
    This'd 8 Times in 8 Posts

I gotta go with the fox

I love all of you! <3

I STALK PRINCIPLES The 5,000 Club Zrcalo's Avatar
    Species
    This
    This'd 42 Times in 22 Posts

FIREFOX SUCKS FURRY DICK

it always crashes on me.

chrome ftw.

comic: http://zrcalo.us
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaui View Post
    Dude, you are my hero of the furryverse, doing what you want because you feel like it and it doesn't actually affect me in any way; you are what every furry should be, fearless.

oh garnfield You Have Taken the Lead Bittertooth's Avatar
    Species
    Rocko wallaby
    This
    This'd 34 Times in 20 Posts

I use Firefox... and Internet Explorer if Firefox decides to not work properly.

is bored :V The 5,000 Club Scotty1700's Avatar
    Species
    Vulpes vulpes
    This
    This'd 174 Times in 91 Posts

I WAS Firefox but I got converted to Chrome today...It's lightning fast and works like a charm

Post Crusader
    Species
    Human
    This
    This'd 16 Times in 11 Posts

Firefox is my number 1 used. Only use IE for certain things Firefox cannot do.
    I barely use chrome though.

Bisexual Lesbian The 5,000 Club Nylak's Avatar
    Species
    River Otter
    This
    This'd 275 Times in 117 Posts

I like internet explorer if using Windows, Safari if using a Mac, have never been on a Linux so can't say there.

"Internet Explorer's slow :V" Really? How come for me then every time I boot Firefox it takes about a minute to open, whereas IE's open in about ten seconds? And if talking about general browsing: If you really can't wait .2 seconds more for your web-page to load, saving maybe one minute of time if you're online for about 4-5 hours a sitting, you've got to take a step back from the computer.

"Firefox has a spell check :V" Congrats, you just admitted that you need a spell check most of the time for your posts, and are too lazy (but then, you're also gloating about saving about 30-40 seconds of time each sitting from marginally faster page loading that I personally have never noticed, so I guess it isn't a surprise) to manually check your work.

Hi, wanna yiff? *snog*
    --
    words and water
    easy to pour . impossible to recover

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch View Post
    She is evil. In the true, subtle way. She employs the kind of cruelty you're not aware of until you've already broken into tears, only then realising that everything wasn't just a horrible coincidence, but a truly vile plot concieved by a twisted mind and a black, shriveled soul.

That's why Nylak is closest to what could be a FAF diety :V

Species
    Pony AIDS
    This
    This'd 432 Times in 168 Posts

Firefox because of things like adblock plus & noscript

Sometimes lynx just to be a faggot or if I'm trying to browse the forums at work without being noticed, but I haven't done that in about a year and it's far too difficult anyway. (I hate you long signatures)

Sometimes IE, Opera, Iron for testing stuff.

And it's pretty much already been said, but fuck you IE users. I can just about tolerate IE 8 in terms of standards compliance, but I hate all the crap that's attached to it by default and I hate that it fucks up so much shit and randomly blocks access to certain files over the network but doesn't tell you it's blocked them, it just does does it and leaves you wondering what the fuck is happening.
    Last edited by SnowFox; 02-12-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    $_=' 3Jhnuaes.ytr: g a .npcofot';$_.=$1,print$2while s/(..)(.)//;
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunken Ace View Post
    I have waited forever for her to be old enough. Well about a month and a half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtail
    It feels weird to rub a bird's crotch.

Species
    Human
    This
    This'd 678 Times in 348 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carenath View Post
    Considering how awful Internet Explorer 6 and previous were, particularly in relation to standards and security, that smugness was justified.
    As you mention later in your same post, was. Many Firefox users don't seem to acknowledge there's a version of IE after 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurali View Post
    When I use a Mac, Safari is the main thing I use. While I can't download Chrome for my school computers (Plus the SDE program specifically relies on Firefox), I'll look into it for a personal computer.

Safari is a... satisfactory enough, web browser. I can't call it the best, but it is good enough for general browsing, web usage, and so on. I'd rank it a 7/10, at least. It should also be noted that the main things I use Safari for are:
    1) Watching videos.
    2) Browsing forums.
    3) Flash games.

I don't exactly test my web browsers to their limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    WILL CHROME MAKE IT LOOK LIKE MY BROWSER IS FROM SPAAAAACE?
    No, but use it long enough it'll make you look like you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    Except IE users are actually currently the major source of malware infections on the internet right now and have been for the past decade. :P
    If you don't mind, would you mind citing a source? All I'm finding for Internet Explorer (v causing problems with is Adware, not Malware in general, and even that isn't being caused #1 just by IE.
    I have this problem with Firefox where it takes 5-10 secs to start.

Chrome takes less than one second to start. :P
    Essentially how it is for me with browsers. While it doesn't exactly bother me (oh no, teh seconds!), it does make a difference to me if someone's bragging their browser's faster than the one I'm fine with using.
    Internet Explorer's add-ons typically consist of toolbars and search redirection malware.
    Pretty much the only internet add-ons I use are search bars. I'll use a few other things now and then, but I rarely need them so often don't take the effort unless it'll be vital down the road.

Wait, what? Post Crusader CyberFoxx's Avatar
    Species
    Fox
    This
    This'd 8 Times in 8 Posts

Firefox, because it's available on all platforms I use. As well as Epiphany, because it uses the Gecko engine (Google Docs actually work! Although, the next release will be using Webkit.) and it doesn't have insane huge depends like Konqueror 4 does now (I miss Konqueror 3).
    "It's the panties fault! The panties made me a pervert!" -Hideki Mutosawa (Chobits)

Class 9 Hazardous Material Pack Member incongruency's Avatar
    This

Mostly Firefox, and on occasion SRWare Iron (Google Chrome with the spyware parts removed.)
    Class 9 Hazardous Material: Any material which has an anesthetic, noxious or other similar property which could cause extreme annoyance or discomfort.

*Crawls into traffic* Forum Legend SugarMental's Avatar
    Species
    Adorable
    This
    This'd 25 Times in 15 Posts

Someone with smarts explain the benefits of switching from firefox to chrome please? D:

Species
    Horned lizard
    This
    This'd 404 Times in 197 Posts

Opera, 'cuz I'm on a Wii, borrowin' teh neighbors internetz. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Tonight you will dream of an anthro fox doing a backflip into his own anus.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information