A book to recommend

Discussion in 'Books, Comics, and Graphic Novels' started by Jason Forestfox, Apr 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. amamediaq

amamediaq aka Amaroq

Dunno if it's suitable for the average teenager - I enjoyed reaging it, tho.

"Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid" by Douglas R. Hofstadter. Heavy stuff but cruely interesting.

Can also recommend everything from Stephen King and/or Karin Slaughter. Those are partly pretty brutal thrillers, so maybe not so teenager-ish but great books anyway! If you're into that kind of stuff.

Pretty good book, seriously. Read it a few weeks ago. Is there an english version to that book?

2. JynxLynx

JynxLynx :^)

Any book by Mitch Albom, the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini, and 1984. I had fun reading those.

3. hibou-wu

hibou-wu New Member

Discworld series by Terry Pratchett is my favorite! He also has some YA novels.

The Guardians of Ga'Hoole is another really great series! It was a long time ago when I read that one though, back when I was a teenager!

4. ChapterAquila92

ChapterAquila92 Resident Bronze Dragon Kasrkin

[​IMG]

Then again, I was reading Jack Higgins and Tom Clancy novels when I was a teenager, so your mileage may vary.

Jason Forestfox likes this.
  5. zeroslash

zeroslash WYSIWYG

Bleh, Inheritance? No. Try Watership Down, Dragon Champion, Assassin's Apprentice.

6. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

7. Wonderloaf

Wonderloaf I'll kill me faster then you

If you're down for graphic novels, saga is one of my all time favorite reads, highly recommend it