A long time outside looking in...

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions' started by Skoggy, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Skoggy

Skoggy Wishes it could be night all the time

... but have now decided to make the leap and say hi. So, hello all!

I suppose I'm what some would call a grey muzzle. I'm in my 30s but age is just a number right? It has taken me a long time to even have the courage to say anything as I've been worried that a newcomer my age might seem rather weird. My fursona is a European Badger, Skoggy, and has been for about 10 years now but I'm only just beginning to understand that I have always been furry without even knowing it.

I'm a video game journo so gaming and general geekery are always something you can chat about with me. I'm open to chat about anything really. Just happy to be chatting with like minded individuals just nothing too NSFW (I'm a Mom and you never know who is looking over my shoulder). I wanted to post on a couple of threads but thought it would be wrong to do so without first introducing myself. :)

2. Simo

Simo Skunk

Aw! A Badger! Hey there, and welcome! You look sorta like us skunks :p

There's plenty of furs over 30 here, even me! So its never too late to start to more fully enjoy the fandom...I know its helped me a lot, as I can tend to be serious, dark and brooding, and this helps open up a more playful, mischievous side of me.

So what parts of the fandom do ya like? Myself, though I don't have a fursuit, I'd love one; I love role playing, writing a bit of furry fiction, and looking at art, even if I don't do art...been to a few cons, and would love to find a local group. But all in all, its been fun, and I've found age has made very little difference. As the fandom has now been around a good while, I'm seeing a lot more furs, over 30...at cons, this seems even more so.

Well, hope ya have fun, and any questions, just give a holler.

3. Skoggy

Well hullo there!

Thanks for the welcome!

For me, it's the art and role playing mainly. I'm also an avid crafter so I might not be able to draw but plushies etc. I can do. :D

Simo likes this.
  4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru The Huggable Cactus!

Welcome to the forum, love.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the herd!

Skoggy likes this.
  5. Simo

Simo Skunk

No worries, I like to try and be welcoming, and badgers are among my favorite fursonas! I've only ever seen on in the wild once, where I grew up in northern Michigan...and this badger did not back down. I was maybe 12, but don't mess with badgers, was the message I got :p

I also became very involved in role-playing. Its amazing, some of the friends I met that way. I think for me its a good melding of something creative (writing) that is usually a solitary activity, but that in this case, gives it a social/interactive aspect. I still recall how excited I was, when I first discovered it...felt very liberating.

Oh, and making plushies sounds fun...I've also pondered trying that...I need to learn to sew.

Skoggy likes this.
  6. Skoggy

Hahaha yeah, badgers are pretty sturdy things. Been known to cause more damage to cars than to themselves when hit on the highway etc. I used to live in the heart of rural England and saw plenty of them.

I'm thinking of getting back into roleplay. Played the usual tabletop rp stuff and really like it. Not done much of it elsewhere but it's good fun.

7. Skoggy

Thank you very much!

Yakamaru likes this.