A question about blocking and watching.

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by rossmallo, Mar 5, 2017.

1. rossmallo

rossmallo New Member

Hey guys, I just want to quickly ask something.

There is an artist that has blocked me for no discernible reason. We talked a couple of times before, left on good terms, but on their new account, I am blocked. Now, I want to watch them on their new account, but because I'm blocked, this is not possible.

However, I have an alt account. I know that directly contacting people via alts is a big no-no, but is watching them / fave-ing stuff on my alt something that could get the banhammer dropped on me if they chose to report this?

It's not a big deal for me if this is not allowed, as bookmarking pages is a thing, but it would be more convenient at the very least.

2. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

While I'm not entirely sure, I would think that using the alt account to watch them while the original account was blocked, would constitute a block-evade, which is as you said a no-no.

However , if the two accounts were not linked (no public link between them), then there is nothing for the blocking user to determine the account belongs to you.

I'd be honest and say, either wait for a staff member to come and answer this thread (may take a little time as they all have jobs outside FA) or File a TT on the mainsite and pose your question there.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, but it would be interesting to know the official admin stance on this, as I'm not sure this particular question has been posed before.

3. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Don't deliberately get around someone's block. We'll be understanding if you accidentally fave something from a legitimate alt account or similar, but knowingly circumventing a block is a good way to get in trouble.