A song that blew my mind...

Discussion in 'Music & Sound' started by Shane McNair, May 18, 2017.

1. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

Are there any songs you guys are listening to right now that you just can't get enough of? A song that's so good, that gets you so pumped, that you just want to listen to it over, and over, and over?

I was searching around on Youtube recently and discovered this really badass metal cover of the Corneria theme from Starfox, and I just gotta say, wow......it absolutely blew my freakin' mind! This song got me super stoked! Would make a helluva good workout tune. I had it playing on loop for I don't know how many hours the other day, it was that good. It was like an audible form of crack.

The guy who created it goes by the username "timijimmy" on Youtube. Looks like he's got some pretty good stuff on his channel.

So what recent musical addictions do you guys have that you just can't get out of your head?

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Ravofox and Yakamaru like this.
  2. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

I must have listened to this four or five times the moment I discovered it, and many more times after finding the music video...

The animation is brilliant, the song has this really interesting and unusual hook of a chord progression that appears first at 00:32, the lyrics seem profound.

Yakamaru likes this.
  3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru No "Awooo'ing" allowed

This one, especially from midway from to finish.

Aaaand there's this one.

I think I've found a new love: Celtic.

Shane McNair likes this.
  4. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

Those sound epic, I'm sort of imaging great Lord of the Rings-type fantasy cinema scenes playing out as they play. :)

5. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Stupid batto

If I could pick whole album, I would choose "Since I Left You" by Avalanches, which is really a technical masterpierce of electronic music, and every aspiring producer needs to listen to it at least once. But since we're talking about separate tracks, I'll pick "Close To You", the one that showcases it the most. It's one emotional rollercoaster of a track - constantly shifts in speed and mood, is filled with samples and technical tricks, and even considering all that, still incredibly coherent and never feels gimmicky. You can play this track on repeat and find new little details every time, really. It's just a work of genius .u.

6. Shane McNair

Shane McNair Adrenaline addicted pursuit pilot

Speaking of music with a Celtic vibe, I've always really liked this piece from the movie The Devil's Own. It really gives you a sense of the setting, and most of the way through has this moving sound of peaceful tranquility. James Horner was a musical genius who sadly left us far too soon...

And this. I think it was also composed by Horner, and sung by Dolores O'Riordan.