Add email notifications

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by someguy2221, Oct 30, 2017.

1. someguy2221

someguy2221 New Member

How is it that there's no option to get email notifications for new notes and the like? As a not very active user having to open the site constantly to check this sort of thing is a pain. It's especially ridiculous given that even the forum has an option to get email updates for new posts on a thread.

2. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

This is something we want to do but it requires a larger scope and security controls to prevent people from being spammed to hell and back. We could, in theory, add it right now, but without proper controls, anti-spam, anti-flooding, your email box could end up being the wild, wild west.

It's one of many items which are "on the list".

3. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

man with email notifications enabled, I would just get blasted with emails lol

4. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

IMG_1504.PNG The option is there, and everything is checked as a default setting.

Yes, you will get your inbox blasted if you are active.

5. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

lol mine would be like... you have 200 new emails... -,-

6. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

Roughly 100.

Every. Single. Morning.

7. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

LOL yep... im expecting another lockout within the next 5 hours..

8. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

Good. GOOD. I feel the frustration surging within you.

But seriously, let me know if it's improved slightly. I can tweak further as neccessary, and you won't need 200 emails to do it.

9. Fuzzylumkin

Fuzzylumkin Fuzzbutt

eh.. I was only frustrated because I am generally on here all night long while at work, and I kept getting myself locked out lol. part of why I wanted to be an admin, so I could help fight the spammers that I see pop up late at night