Age of consent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aleksion, Mar 18, 2017.

?

Age of consent

1. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 12

4.5%
  4. 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 14

4.5%
  6. 15

1.5%
  7. 16

33.3%
  8. 18

53.0%
  9. 21

1.5%
  10. When it bleeds

1.5%
  1. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

The plot thickens

2. loiloiloi

loiloiloi New Member

I find it interesting how you listed so many ages below the age of consent in most countries.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

This thread is quite cringy to be honest. Continue.

By the way it's 18 here...

aloveablebunny likes this.
  4. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Well-Known Member

Hey, guys, can I please ask for more civil discussion and less personal attacks? That'd be great. (Also, it's kinda dickish to take potshots at another subculture. Let's not do that.)

5. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

Boiling the water out of an argument is one way, yes, but adding cornstarch or flour is much easier if you don't mind a marginally blander result. Personally, I end up serving nearly everything with sourdough, so I prefer a thinner sauce anyway. I believe the ratio of consent in my country is about 1/3 cup of dry red wine per lb of beef excepting beef dishes with peppers or paprika. There's a reasonable compromise with the Betty & Crocker type laws though allowing ketchup when the tomatos' age difference is sufficiently small.

BRB, making goulash until the next bait thread

6. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 The night is my solace; the day is my prime

Depends... it's 16 to fuck fellow 16 and 17 year olds, but once someone turns 18 they have to wait until their partner is ALSO 18 to fuck each other again... The law is freaking weird, bruh

WolfyJake likes this.
  7. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

I'm basing my opinion on biological factors and you do it on your prejudice. If the attraction is mutual, age or gender of partners should not matter, that is what I'm saying. Stationary rape laws should be abolished.

8. Crimson_Steel17

No offense (or all of it, I'm not quite sure at this point), but you, sir, seem to be a regular troll- you will never live down some of your stupidity in the Is Depression Real thread at this rate...

9. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

Well I'm used to being misunderstood

10. Crimson_Steel17

I think you transcended "misunderstood" to "regularly avoided" on about the second day you were here... take that as you will

Mandragoras and Fallowfox like this.
  11. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

You think I like it? Not at all. But it's the reality I have to live with.

12. Crimson_Steel17

Look, I don't have a problem with your opinions. You're entitled to have them, and there's nothing I could do about them even if I wanted to. The issue I have is when you ignore fact, reason, and logic to uphold your beliefs- hell, I wonder if you even research your "facts" before posting them! It wouldn't be such a big deal, except you dismiss anything that doesn't align with what you WANT to believe... and when you're trolling otherwise informed threads with that type of presence, you draw a lot of negative attention. I'm not saying to stop having opinions (here solely for the other readers who actually pay attention to the source material *cough cough* mods and admins *cough* even though I know you'll trim and cherry pick this post to fit your conception of what I never said), I'm just saying to at least try to appear to be informed, and to at least act like you accept what we say, especially when we provide evidence and link research...

But that's just my 2 cents worth, take it or leave it- I don't care.

loiloiloi likes this.
  13. aloveablebunny

aloveablebunny Well-Known Member

In my state, the legal age of consent is 17. I waited until I was 17 to lose my virginity. Of course I did other things prior to that, but I waited until then to actually have sex. I was kind of a prude, and I also was terrified of getting pregnant.

Just because the way technology has evolved over the last two decades or so does not mean that the age of consent should be lowered, despite the truth in the matter that kids are exposed to sex/sexual things earlier and earlier.

Teens/young adults need to be adequately informed of all of the possible consequences that sex brings with it. STDs, pregnancy, etc. I don't think I even started thinking about sex until I was maybe 14/15, and then I went through sex ed at school and had "the talk" with my parents. Still, into my 20s, I did not know everything there was to know about sex. I made some stupid mistakes that put my health at risk, and thank goodness I came out okay, but I guess I kind of thought I was invincible.

Parents/families/guardians have a lot to do with making sure kids/teens are adequately prepared to make the transition into adulthood and making adult decisions. I consider sex to be an "adult" decision because you're in control of your body, no one else is. Maybe it's the way I was raised, but I don't see how the hell a 12 year old is ready to be out there having sex. I was nowhere near mature enough for that when I was 12.

JohnnyLobo likes this.
  14. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

Maybe you were a late bloomer? Because normally for girls puberty starts at 10-11 and with that comes new interests. Sex does require some responsibility, that is putting on a condom, which isn't much at all. If teens can't do it, it's more of a parenting problem than age related issue. Also a lot of adults don't use condoms, despite being so grown up and responsible.

15. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

Lmao you say that like we actually are responsible.

16. quoting_mungo

By "starts at 10-11", what they mean is that age is where the physical processes take their very beginning - it's not a useful measure for laypeople to use. A 10-11-year-old will typically not have developed breasts or started menstruating (unless they are VERY early bloomers, likely due to some underlying condition), and that very beginning of puberty will not have immediate overnight mental effects. 14-15 sounds like an absolutely reasonable, plausible age for a girl to start thinking about sex. Prior to that, they may have started to take an interest in the opposite (or same) sex, but that's more likely to be in swooning and kissing than in anything more intimate.

Even once the body hits fertile age (menstruation starts, for girls), it's not necessarily a good idea to immediately jump into bed with someone. If you look at practically all reputable breeders of pet animals and livestock, they will not immediately breed their animals the moment they hit fertile age (ferrets are an exception because their biology is messed up), but rather wait until they are closer to being done growing, in order to avoid adverse effects on the mother. While that's focused on reproduction, while you're presumably mostly advocating for recreational sex, we do need to acknowledge that even using condoms or other forms of birth control, there's practically always a small outside chance of birth control failing.

And the younger and closer to menarche a girl is, the less likely she is to notice the irregularity in her periods that's usually the first telltale sign one's caught pregnant. Can you see where I'm going with this?

JohnnyLobo and aloveablebunny like this.
  17. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

Honestly, 18 should be the age of consent. That's when you technically become an adult and that's when you start taking responsibility for yourself. The bare minimum (in my opinion) would be 16, but I'm saying that loosely. Anything lower than 16, I'm sorry, but you're fucked in the head and you should get checked out.

18. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

Yes, ban all vaginal sex before 18! But unwanted pregnancy can't be the sole reason for statutory rape laws today...

It surprises me how prevalent infantilization is.

19. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

It's a lost cause, Mungo.

Aleksion has made it clear that he doesn't think grown adults who have sex with 12 year old children should be prosecuted.

It's straight up advocacy of paedophilia; you can't expect the sort of people who defend paedophilia to be persuaded by reason.

AustinB, Sogreth and Crimson_Steel17 like this.
  20. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

I'm by no means an expert, but having to watch over and take care of younger cousins throughout my teens and observing how easily influenced or convinced of things based on who they look up to, and how much they've grown out of that mindset now has given me perspective. There's a lot of blind innocence that I can only forgive them for.

Children are not capable of thoughtfully consenting.

21. quoting_mungo

Well, technically hebephilia, and I think that's a distinction worth making. "Pedophilia" far too commonly gets used in a uselessly broad manner that doesn't actually reflect the definition of the word.

Either way, you worry about what battles you pick, and let me worry about mine.

Crimson_Steel17 likes this.
  22. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

It's straight up advocacy of homosexuality; you can't expect the sort of people who defend homosexuality to be persuaded by reason. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Start giving solid arguments instead of it's wrong because it's wrong.

I agree young people are easier convinced than adults, but for some reason children are not constantly getting scammed by them. I don't think adults are all evil.

23. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Oooooooh damn

24. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I found an interesting graphic on the age of consent for each country in case anyone is interested:

[​IMG]

It seems like Yemen and Tunisia have the lowest and highest ages.

25. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

I don't think it is worth splitting hairs over whether the rape victim has begun puberty yet or not, because in either case the relationship is indefensible for the same reason; because it is predatory.
    If we do have to be specific about definitions, I think that hebephilia is a type of paedophilia, as 'paedo' simply means 'children', and 12 year olds are children, whether or not they have begun puberty.

Anyway, messages which are aimed at convincing users that it is okay for children to have sex with their teachers aren't really acceptable content for a forum which has users as young as 13, because it could mean they don't report improper behaviour. ._.

JohnnyLobo, katalistik and Sogreth like this.