Anime!!!!

Discussion in 'TV, Video & Film' started by light tear drop, Mar 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Well I enjoy black butler [​IMG]
    one punch man [​IMG]
    Xam'd lost memories [​IMG]
    soul eater
    [​IMG] ect ect how about you? (non of this belong to me WHAT SO EVER!)

2. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Don't care for it for the most part, but I can say I love Kanon

And absolutely bloody love the Saga of Tanya the Evil

[​IMG]

3. this one is funny [​IMG] its watamote

Frostbyte The Shark likes this.
  4. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

Not sure if it counts, but I really love Persona 3 & 4. And Probably 5 as well. Technically they're games, but they're pretty much playable anime. Plus Persona 4 had a 20-something episode anime series to go with the game. And Persona 3 had an anime movie.
    Persona 3 FES coming to NA PSN PS2 Classics.jpg P4GPoster.jpg Persona 5.jpg
    When it comes to actual anime shows, I only really watch Initial D. :p
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Pokémon too, but that doesn't count.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    light tear drop likes this.
  5. Frostbyte The Shark

Frostbyte The Shark Your Personal Shark Maid

Just finished Re: Zero a little while ago. Am watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Love them both.

I will pretty much watch anything that isn't normal slice of life.
    Watamote, which was suggested above is awesome though.

katalistik and light tear drop like this.
  6. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Baccano! is an anime that I really enjoyed a lot.

[​IMG]

light tear drop likes this.
  7. Sergei Sóhomo

My friend has spent a good 4 years telling me to watch Baccano

He still does it

8. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

Hunter x Hunter

[​IMG]

Starts of cute and fun, with a couple cute kids heading out into the world for fun and adventure.

Then the gay clown guy starts murdering people, one of the cute kids murders another guy, and by the end of the currently available animated plotline the main characters are trying to prevent human extinction by participating in a war against monsters in North Korea.

9. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

Cowboy Bebop. You'll laugh a lot, then you'll cry a lot, then for the rest of your life you'll have to carry the weight of the fact that you just saw greatest anime series in existence.

10. nerdbat

Damn, haven't seen it in a while, it's like having a deja-vu! [ba dum tss] I still remember it back from when it was running in the 90s [ba DUM *smashed the drum set*]

WolfyJake likes this.
  11. xofrats

xofrats The cat said what?

[​IMG]
    Orange a love drama about regret. Usually I don't like the whole "A loves B but B wants C that loves D" but I like this one. The kids are more adult about their feelings.

[​IMG]

Plastic memories. Another drama about how good memories can turn bad, and if sad memories are better than no memories.

[​IMG]
    and now to something completely different. Gurren Lagann is just awesome! :D

12. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

ANIMÉ

13. Sergei Sóhomo

You may enjoy When they Cry

[​IMG]

First 2 seasons are the show and anything beyond that is just disgusting fan service

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  14. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

Deadman wonderland and d greyman are both good. I really want to see the rest of no game no life come out as well as one piece.

15. nerdbat

They're very different, I would say. Basically, When They Cry is a bunch of dudes desperately trying to make dark and edgy anime while hiding it under cutesy mass-appealing facade, while Hunter x Hunter is a dude desperately trying to make cutesy mass-appealing manga/anime, but constantly adding more and more disturbing shit to the mix because he can't help himself but do just that, lol.

16. Sergei Sóhomo

Moe on moe violence is still moe on moe violence

17. nerdbat

That's the thing, HxH isn't "moe on moe" - it's all over the place, from overblown JoJobattles to edgy gangster shootouts.

18. Sogreth

Sogreth Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer

I like Avatar. Last Airbender and Korra. Even though they are American Animes, so they don't really count....but it's the closet thing to Anime that I watch, other than like Naruto or Pokemon.

I also like the Tales of- series of games. They are games, but pretty anime.

I did watch Claymore though, I liked that one. Only had 1 season though. I know it continues with the manga/comic (w/e), but I can't be bothered.

katalistik likes this.
  19. katalistik

katalistik People used tap, it's not very effective.

Wow Claymore was awesome!One of the best animes to be honest,Claire is love & Claire is life.

Sogreth likes this.
  20. Multoran

Multoran Active Member

To begin with, I would say that I can't stand anime that looks like absolute shite.
    There's no reason these days that anime has to choose between having good content and having good animation.
    Hunter x Hunter can rot, and so can One Punch Man. Someone mentioned Avatar/ Korra, which first of all aren't even anime. Second of all, the latter was absolute shite.
    Naruto can have really good animation, but also really shite animation. The story started off really good, but eventually regressed into an all-consuming obsession with the Sharingan and Tailed Beasts. Never mind the literal years of filler bull shit. Attack on Titan had amazing animation, but it gave in to the ridiculous, childish notion that bigger is cooler, and executed it in such a fashion that I couldn't help but recall watching Power Rangers as a child. It now seems to be heading in such a direction as to please Sasquach theorists by appealing to their fetish in the upcoming second season.