Another Driving Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximor_Bloodpanda, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

Can't have a driving thread without some Initial D/Eurobeat music!

2. Saylor

Saylor More free than your average Murican

2006 Subaru Outback XT. It's pretty much an STi in the form of a station wagon. I got a speeding ticket in it on my birthday for doing 67 in a 40. And get this, the cop got me only 100 feet past the intersection. So, in about 150 feet, I can almost get up to 70 mph.

3. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Maximor_Bloodpanda The True Anti-Conformist

Oh great, so the person driving in front of you can read.

4. rekcerW

rekcerW New Member

Yeah projectors, still not 100% on them.
    Don't worry, they're great for about 20ft and then they cut right the fuck out. Like literally in a straight line, no nice gradient of light into the distance, just a very distinct wedge of light.

Like OMFG STOP SIGN FUCK FUCK FUCK kind of immediate wedge of light.

They do look badass, though.

5. Surreal Mentality

Surreal Mentality Subaru goes BWAAAAPSSSSHHHHH

Can confirm Subaru badassery. I have a 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT with a VF41 turbo out of a 2004-2007 JDM STI rather than the VF40 that came stock on the EJ255. I can chirp the tires gears 1-3 assuming I'm still in boost with every shift. Since it is a rather unassuming station wagon I feel like I'm invisible to the police.

6. Ramjet556

Ramjet556 Well-Known Member

2013 Dodge Avenger..
    Aggressive/assertive I'm careful and cautious,but if I have room to move and can do it safely,I'm going for it.I don't hesitate.
    I would say excellent,13 years no fault accidents and I drive for a living.

7. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

Sorry about your misconception of my truck. It has no lift, no super swampers, it has definite signs of being wheeled, something the above illustrated offending mall cruiser Super Duty (Ford's one failure at building trucks) has probably never done. Spinning donuts in the school's field is not wheeling by the way.

The Great White Buffalo not long before I acquired a BuckStop Bumper set for it;
    [​IMG]
    Notice the Drake Welding rack, complete with some cabers for mighty Scotsmen to throw around at the Celtic games? Also had to repair the step after an almost-high-center incident at Hollister Hills SVRA. I was unsticking some dOOds almost new Heep.

8. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

For a boi who loves cars so much, I have a bit of a shameful secret: I've got no wheels. Or even a license for that matter. Although, there is a broken down '92 F-Series truck that's technically mine, if my little brother doesn't want it.

9. Erinpuppy

Erinpuppy Commission Me

i have had a few cars that we all shitty and got scrapped eventually but the one i have now is my favorite, it's a little white Hyundai hatchback, and i dont use it much now because we cant afford many trips and i dont have my job anymore, but my bf drives it for me when we do go out.

i dont like driving because i have problems with sitting still and i disassociate a lot which is dangerous and my spine hurts after a while because i'm too tall in the torso but too short in the arms and legs, but i try to stay calm when driving. sometimes i drive leisurely and sometimes I'm really on edge/scared and sometimes I am just kind of on auto pilot.

i live in a college town and the drivers here are awful.. just awful. i'll come home crying because while I was driving my friend to her job, multiple idiots on the road come way too close to driving into me and pulling other crazy stunts that make me fear my life. I always try to drive defensively. I make mistakes sometimes. Once I forgot that my blinker was on for way too long. I wouldnt say anyone is 10/10 driving since no one is perfect, but I believe that you can come close if you're aware and drive defensively. i'm good at driving from having done it for years, but i'm not a perfect driver. a police officer rear ended me at a yellow light once though, that was the worst because the city was an asshole about paying the costs and the police wouldn't give me the report.

asshole drivers get glares from me if they do it to my friends but when i'm driving I just focus on being safe and to be honest the amount of assholes and idiocy on the road here doesn't surprise me after all these years so i just say "that's how people drive here"

Maximor_Bloodpanda likes this.
  10. DjembeTheApe

DjembeTheApe New Member

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i (N/A but still fun as hell!), 5 speed, 68k on motor and 130k on body.
    I'm a fun driver, a little aggressive but I'll never tailgate or cut someone off. I'm very defensive and I'm always calculating the next move since everyone in Louisiana is a terrible driver.
    I am a damn good driver, and have only been in one wreck which wasn't my fault in the 10 years I've been driving. I was rear ended at 50mph because an old man fell asleep behind the wheel, but my 97 Pathfinder saved my life and ran 8 more months after the wreck no problem.
    I deal with assholes kind of poorly, and I need to work on it. I literally go ape all of the time, and I have tried smashing someones windshield with a tire iron in the past. I'm calm and collected all of the time, but if you intentionally piss me off while driving it will really PISS ME OFF. But hey...I'm working on it.

11. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

I drive a hunk of crap called a 1999 volkswagon golf 5 speed manual transmission fuel injected 4 cylinder gas engine.
    Im not really into cars. Driving makes my anxiety flare up. Where im from they dont even repaint the lines on the road, so in a 4 lane road you dont even know wherw you are. Im thinking about just selling the damn thing and buying a boosted board. Since ill be living in a very dense city soon. Kinda like newyork but smaller. Honestly i hate cars and i hate driving.

12. stimpy

stimpy you're not using Windows XP?

What car do you drive?
    1991 Toyota Hilux (looking to buy a used Mercedes or Saab)[​IMG]
    (Not my car but same model)
    What is your driving mentality (aggressive, laid-back, etc.)?
    EuroBeat
    How good are you at driving?
    Pretty gud
    How do you deal with asshole drivers
    Call them a c**t under my breath

13. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Oh wow, your truck doesn't look like one that belongs to a compensating jerk (Although I never do have anything good to say about Ford drivers), it looks pretty normal. Why you have cabers? Do you throw them around like that weird Scott sport, or do you just have them for the lulz?

14. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Driving is pretty scary, just so much is going on. Sorry to here about your unfortunate encounter with a pig who couldn't drive, hope I don't come across one like that.
    A driver who has some aggression on the road but is still courteous is something I respect. When you drive it's crazy because you can like see everything that's going on around you, sort of exciting.

You're from the South? Man, I think drivers from California suck, how do you think they compare to Southern drivers? Sucks to hear about your collision, I found out how much being rear ended sucks not long ago. I got some license plates written down of some asshole drivers I've encountered, probably going to slash their tires or make a site to shame those drivers publicly; I think it's justified to do something like smash their windshield if they are going to be an asshole who doesn't care about anyone else's safety, although I think those kind of people deserve the worst, like never being able to drive again if you know what I mean.
    Hah, you got a hipster car!

Driving is intense man, I agree. It's really stupid how the roads are in disrepair, the states don't care about them at all.

PencilBrain likes this.
  15. PencilBrain

PencilBrain Squishy Butt

Im just gonna sell it and buy a boosted board

16. Maximor_Bloodpanda

A boosted board actually sounds like something really cool. Might look into that.....

17. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

Well, I try not to make a point when I have to help GM and Mopar drivers out of a jam. I'm also not some compensating jerk but I work with one. 12" lift on a 2004 SuperDuty CrewCab. He has to use a milk crate to get to the steps to climb in. I had the cabers on The Buffalo for the annual Tartan Day festival. My partner's little S10 Chebbie couldn't carry them. His bolt-together rack from some auto parts store collapsed when we put the second mens caber, 15' 10" and 95 lbs, on the rack with the two womens cabers.

And as an aside, I'm from NorCal. Been here all of my life except for my stint in the Air Force and a short time working in Oklahoma. I can tell you, the older CA-born drivers are good. It's the young drivers and those who migrated/H1B from the Middle East and South East Asia that constitute the majority of bad drivers here in the SF Bay Area. I've been rear-ended by several myopic people that somehow can't seem to see a huge, white 4X4 in their way. The receiver hitch usually punishes them for such transgressions. Particularly late model Hondas. They go right under with that sloping hood.

18. Maximor_Bloodpanda

Older Californian drivers are good? Well....not really. Seems with age, many of those pricks in their mid-life crisis think that they can stop being careful, so they don't signal and they tailgate. The younger drivers also suck, they have they reflexes of the older drivers! Most of the damn foreigners are pretty terrible drivers, and Lord have mercy when there's an Asian on the road....

Wish my car had something in the back to return the favor to anyone who rear-ends me, maybe some spikes.....

Well, a tough truck is a good choice in an area where the majority of drivers suck, that'll show those dumb hondas that sound like lawn mowers.