Anthrocon 2018...Who's Going?

Discussion in 'Furry Conventions' started by Lithooves, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Lithooves

Lithooves A hybrid that loves to party

I know the website literally just opened for registration a few days ago, but who's planning to go? Who's already registered? I'm gonna register soon, probably in a few weeks or next month. I've already found the right hotel to book, the Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Downtown. Only a block away from the convention center! Hopefully my partial ships a few weeks before the con.

How about you? Are you going to Anthrocon? Plan to?

Hope I see you there!

2. goodmutt

goodmutt I love beaks

I'll be there! I'm making my suit so I'm hopin' it'll be done (if I can figure out what I'm doing and it goes semi-according to plan). I live near Pitt so I'm not sure about a hotel room yet.

DakaraiDragon and Lithooves like this.
  3. Lithooves

Awesome! Have you registered yet?

4. goodmutt

goodmutt I love beaks

Nope! Soon though, on my to-do list. Definitely pre-registering. Last year was my first time and I had a blast!

5. Astusthefox

Astusthefox The King of Games

I will be there, sticking to the shadows like I normally do ~

6. Lithooves

Woohoo! We've already got two people on board. I'll definitely be at the rave and dance competition. Not to compete, but just to watch it.

7. Kurrundo the light fox

Kurrundo the light fox Ascended Kitsune

Hmmm if I were to go next year it would be my very first furry convention.

8. Lithooves

If you can, I'd definitely recommend going! Furry conventions are really fun. They're basically fluffy weekend-long parties.

Open_Mind likes this.
  9. OtterPriest

OtterPriest Moist Boy

I'm going! Registered last week, actually. Gonna be my first furry con, not my first con in general though. So many anime cons...

Lithooves likes this.
  10. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Sláinte chugat!

Damn, I wish! Hoping to go within the next few years. Lucky for me Pittsburgh is just a couple hours away, so it won't be that big of a trip when the time comes.

I'd be too nervous to go anyways...

11. Lithooves

Ah, I hope to see you someday at a con!
    How come you'd be nervous? If you don't mind me asking, that is.

12. Open_Mind

Open_Mind Well-Known Member

I've never been to a furry con either. I'm going to be nervous too, at least at first. :oops: But hopefully it won't last long. I'm happy to say my family is very accepting and supportive, but not everyone out there is. There is still a real stigma. Most of us have to hide -- or at least downplay -- our interest in the fandom.

The idea of being in an environment where we are surrounded by people like us ... is amazing! Almost too hard to believe, no matter how many con videos I've seen. So there's naturally going to be some hesitation to just be yourself, unguarded.

I'm excited to go to a con someday. I'll probably never be nervous again after that :D

13. Belatucadros

I agree with what @Open_Mind said.

The biggest issue I'm dealing with is that no one in my family knows I'm a furry. My parents probably don't even know what Furries are; my siblings might. My family has always been very accepting and supportive, but I wonder how they would react to hearing that I like anthropomorphic animals and fursuits. I know they wouldn't judge me or anything, but I'm the type of person that cares way too much about how people think of me.

I guess my point is that if I ever decide to go to a convention, my family is going to be wondering why I suddenly want to spend the weekend in Pittsburgh for no apparent reason. Not that it's really any of their business, but someone has to know where I'm going. Besides that, I just feel like it would be super awkward. I mean, I obviously love the fandom, but for some reason I think I'd be too embarrassed to even go to a furry con.

Open_Mind likes this.
  14. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka Active Member

I might, sounds fun

might meet a potential GF there, would be kewlies

15. Open_Mind

Going with a friend (or several!) would go a long way; people you can make plans with, share exenses and lean on when needed. Can always start a thread on it and see who responds, you've got nothing to lose.

I hope by next April I can pull together a few folks to join me at Fur The More just south of DC. Will be an adventure... :p

Belatucadros likes this.
  16. Belatucadros

Yeah that would be great... but my family is still going to be suspicious why I'm staying in Pittsburgh for several days with a bunch of friends. They're going to think that I'm partying hard or something (which is probably true LOL). Plus I don't even have any friends. Maybe I should stop caring about what people think of me and start living my own life.

Lithooves likes this.
  17. Open_Mind

YES!

Belatucadros likes this.
  18. Rant

Rant Haters Gonna Hate

Going to MWFF in a few weeks.

Lithooves and Open_Mind like this.
  19. Yakamaru

Yakamaru 100% faith-based dancing!

You should've come to this realization years ago, mate. :p

You live your own life, others don't live yours.

20. Lithooves

There you go! Cheers, mate!

Belatucadros and Open_Mind like this.
  21. TritheDoge

TritheDoge Just a doggo in a closet.

Might go to Anthrocon 2018 :v but might not at the same time.

22. starstorm09

starstorm09 New Member

I spent the last decade caring about what others thought, but no more! I just finalized my suit commission and I'll be at Anthrocon not caring and living it up.

Belatucadros and Open_Mind like this.
  23. DakaraiDragon

DakaraiDragon In the Court of the Crimson King

Never been, but only an hour from Pitt, I feel inclined to go at least once

24. Open_Mind

I would love to see how your suit turns out! Glad to hear you followed your heart... :)