Any favorite animated shows among us furries? (furry oriented and not)

Discussion in 'TV, Video & Film' started by Jakinator178, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jakinator178

Jakinator178 New Member

Asking out of curiosity, as the only shows that seem to hold my attention are those with animation... (Really trying to get into other shows like Burn Notice, Brooklyn Nine Nine, and Arrested Development)

Non-Anthro:
    Sealab 2021
    Archer
    Simpsons (haven't watched in a good bit, but always a winner)
    Rick and Morty

Anthro:
    My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
    Littlest Pet Shop (I love the pets, but hate almost all human characters, as well as too many cop-outs.)
    Bojack Horseman
    Bedfellows

2. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Don't normally watch animated shows, but my favorite is Samurai Jack.

And an upcoming new favorite I think will be Final Space (it's not until 2019, grr).

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Potato salad

Well not including anime, I really enjoy Race to the Edge, Trollhunters, and ATLA/TLOK

4. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk Guest

I really like watching The Amazing World of Gumball, We Bare Bears,
    Recess(A+ Disney show), Star vs. The Forces of Evil
    [I usually watch them on KissCartoon, but hey, who dosen't]
    And this ones not an animated but I like it, Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Badger94 likes this.
  5. Xaroin

Xaroin Sprsh

Technically DBZ, otherwise I've outgrown all the other ones. I still am looking for a good anime that has a good story and NO EYE CANDY.

6. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

If going for all-time favorite, then certainly Cowboy Bebop. I can talk about it for hours and days, but a guy nicknamed Digibro already made a vid on Youtube about just how strong and impactful this show may be, so I digress.

From "currently watching" ones though, I'll choose Hunter x Hunter. It's really one of those cases when I have a very hard time explaining why this show is great - on a surface, it looks like your typical teenager-oriented anime (Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, etc), but in reality, it shatters every expectation, twists every trope and cliche you can find in this style of anime, builds an increasingly complex story with mature, existential, and sometimes downright dark themes (like genocide or natural selection), and constantly switches from one genre to another without ever losing its flow. In other words, it's anything but your typical teenager anime - some go as far as to say that HxH can ruin any other battle anime, since you won't be able to watch something like Naruto or Bleach with a straight face anymore.

SSJ3Mewtwo likes this.
  7. biscuitfister

biscuitfister Anyone want thier biscuit fisted?

Ed, edd, and eddy. Invader zim. And others

8. ExtinguishedHope

ExtinguishedHope I lost my sock

Futurama had always been a favorite of mine. For anime suggestions, I'd say Durarara! and Tokyo Ghoul are some good shows to watch.

9. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

1) Attack on Titan

2) Hunter x Hunter

3) One Punch Man

Let's go old-school for these next two.

4) Detonator Organ

(Can't find a good clip. But check it out)

5) Princess Mononoke

6) The entire Ghost in the Shell series

10. Mobius

Mobius Mech pilot.

How It's Made.

11. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

Ok, here's my list(in a random order):
    -Archer
    -Psycho Pass
    -Tokyo ghoul
    -Rick and morty
    -Futurama
    -Steins Gate
    -Puella Magi Madoka Magica (seriously, watch this one, it's rather unexpected)

12. Badger94

Badger94 I am the world's forgotten boy

Gravity falls

13. Ravofox

Ravofox And a few other fursonas as well

Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Catdog, Duckman, Timon and Pumbaa, Danny Phantom and Regular Show to name a few. Sadly, the first six have been cancelled, and Regular Show is about to be :(

14. Karpish McKarp

Karpish McKarp Finger guns for days

Anime list would take too long. All I'm gonna do is agree with nerdbat and say that Cowboy Bebop is the best creation ever.

As for non-Japanese animated shows...
    I've been getting into the new(er) Voltron series on Netflix. It's by the same people who did Avatar the Last Airbender, which will always hold a special place in my heart as well.
    I also like Steven Universe, though that one is a pretty popular one as it is and isn't really a big surprise. We Bare Bear's is wonderfully quirky. And I REALLY like Archer more than I thought I would. That first episode almost turned me off of that show for good. I guess it was a pilot, though, and was bound to give mixed reviews. I was into MLP;FIM for a bit but kind of fell off the bandwagon.

Mm. Right now I've mainly just been watching anime, though. I bought a subscription for Crunchy Roll, I'll be damned if I'm not going to use it as much as possible.

15. Karpish McKarp

Karpish McKarp Finger guns for days

I will always suggest the hell out of Cowboy Bebop. Though one of the characters dresses a little suggestively (no where near the 'eye candy' you see in much of today's animes).

Another good one of which I don't remember having any 'eye candy' at all is Baccano! It has an interesting plot, even more interesting, diverse character's, and a good mix of genres involved in it (Comedy, Action, Romance being a few).

Edit: Plus the train featured on that show has a funny name. *snicker*

16. galaxy-meow

galaxy-meow dapper cat

I like Steven Universe and MLP:FIM.
    The Last Airbender > Legend of Korra, but both were enjoyable.
    I can't think of anything else that isn't the usual old kids cartoon (Teen Titans, Disney's House of Mouse, Ducktails...etc etc)

Not going to bother listing anime, there's too many and a lot of them are moe.

17. Nekomura

Nekomura Blue Flame Bakeneko

I like a lot of anime. My top three are Elfen Lied, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and Diabolik Lovers (the last one is a guilty pleasure). I wish I could recommend Blue Exorcist/Ao no Exorcist, especially since my fursona was partially inspired by the main char, but I only liked the first 9 or 10 episodes of the first season. *shrugs*

18. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

Code Geass
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Guilty Crown
    Shinsekai yori

19. Alex K

Alex K Guest

Mah favorite animal show growin up was Nightmare on Elmo Street.
    They was good significant claws and rabies for my horror taste : )

20. Fortebx

Fortebx New Member

Girls Und Panzer(because tanks since i play world of tanks lol)
    High School of the Dead
    MLPFiM
    Sword Art Online
    Pokemon, especially XY, original, Jhoto and Hoen
    Digimon
    Yugioh, 5D's ftw :D
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

to name a few right off of my mind