Any favorite animated shows among us furries? (furry oriented and not)

Discussion in 'TV, Video, and Film' started by Jakinator178, Jan 10, 2017.

1. ChromaticRabbit

ChromaticRabbit lagomorphic

A lot of stuff already mentioned. I've been enjoying the anime 'Seven Deadly Sins' (Nanatsu no Taizai), though I wouldn't read too much into the title. Also worth a mention but probably already well-known would be the US animated TV series, Steven Universe.

2. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

I immediately thought of Texhnolyze and Haibane Renmei. Zero fanservice, excellent storytelling and character writing, lovely art, strong direction, the whole shebang. (Wolf's Rain might also interest you, although there is one character who is shirtless fairly often, so I guess there's some female gaze going on there...?)

Honestly, my all-time favourite animated series are probably The Tatami Galaxy and Alien Nine. I've also binged the better part of the -monogatari series—I'm on Owari; it's pretty dope—but that's harder to recommend unless you already have a significant weeb power level. But then, Alien Nine is even harder to recommend regardless of how much Japanimation you've subjected yourself to, so I dunno. I'm weird.

3. AustinB

AustinB Active Member

This thread is old as balls but I'll list some animated shows I like.

Anime:
    Death Note
    Tokyo Ghoul
    The Dragonball franchise
    Attack on Titan
    Cowboy Bebop
    Hunter x Hunter
    Naruto/Naruto Shippuden (Yeah, I went there)
    Full Metal Alchamist
    One Piece
    Seven Deadly Sins
    Boku no Hero
    Black Butler
    Inuyasha
    Plastic Memories
    Hyper Police
    Sailor Moon
    Gundam
    YuruYuri
    Pokémon
    Fairy Tail

Non Anime:
    Danny Phantom
    Ed Edd n Eddy
    The Legend of Korra
    Ren and Stimpy
    Dexter's Lab
    Hey Arnold!
    King of the Hill
    Futurama
    South Park
    Rick and Morty
    Steven Universe
    Beavis and Butthead
    The Simpson
    Bojack Horseman
    Metalocalypse

4. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist are probably the two best shows in the shounen action/adventure category, for my money. Were I to be a bit more liberal with labelling, I'd put Kill La Kill up there as well, but that's more of a send-up of '80s action conventions and "battle vixen" shows, so I don't really class them together.

Steven Universe is a good time, for sure, and a fine children's show. Been meaning to get to Rick and Morty and Bojack for a while now, but I'm slow to the uptake...

I don't think I've seen anyone mention Courage the Cowardly Dog yet. That show was wild.

5. Leoni Zheitk

Leoni Zheitk Guest

Recess is some good stuff

6. Twylyght

Twylyght Member

Gargoyles
    Gravity Falls
    Samurai Jack (new episodes start on Adult Swim in March!)
    Starwars Rebels
    Tron: Uprising
    Cowboy Bebop
    Space Dandy