Any Furs in Portland Or?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ladymacbeth, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ladymacbeth

ladymacbeth New Member

I've always wondered if there are any furs here in town.
    I've never really reached out, but I think it would be fun to make contact with people locally.
    So, is anyone out there? Lol

2. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Always Portland. it's always Portland. Every other new member seeking fellow furries is from Portland or the nearby area. Some came from Salem, one from Eugene and a fantastic bit of fun in Forest Grove. They're all gone now. So to answer your question, yes, there is but one. -Because everybody else leaves the forum once i tell them i don't want to meet them or shitposters embarrass them and they rage-quit. LOL

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Zenoth likes this.
  3. JumboWumbo

JumboWumbo Banned in two states.

L.A. is kind of close to Portland I guess. Compared to New York or Pyongyang anyways.

Zenoth likes this.
  4. ThatOneLombaxx

ThatOneLombaxx Pending Deletion

Right across the river from Portland!

Zenoth, ladymacbeth and Artruya like this.
  5. PlusThirtyOne

i stand corrected. Make that two.
    Vancouver is like Portland's wannabe hipster sister. Close enough.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  6. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 The night is my solace; the day is my prime

Vancouver during the summer (and PDX often enough during that time). Pullman during the school year

7. PlusThirtyOne

if LA is so damn close then why am i always paying out $300+ for plane tickets...? :V

8. Crimson_Steel17

Who on earth are you flying with? It doesn't even cost me that much to fly Spokane to Phoenix... way longer, and non-stop!

9. PlusThirtyOne

Jet Blue. i buy tickets round trip and not always in advance. Prices fluctuate quite a bit. Last year we scored one-way trips for $60. it all depends on when/where/how you buy. Timing isn't always planned...or advantageous. Ya win some, ya lose some.

10. JumboWumbo

I like how OP hasn't even been online since she made this thread.

Because you're getting ripped off my man. Just from a quick search online I found them for as cheap as $88 ($105 if you want non-stop). And that's for a flight today.

11. Crimson_Steel17

Ah. I fly Southwest, and always purchase at least 2.5 weeks before departure (once you get within 2 weeks I've noticed fares have a tendency to double...)

12. PlusThirtyOne

Considering $300 between two people for a round-trip, plus bag check (price depends on bag weight) on a non-stop, 1.5hr flight, the price really comes down to about $50-$80 per person. i made the comment mostly in jest, leaving out the math. Travel is still expensive considering how often we fly but considering how and where i USED to fly, it's dirt cheap.
    Semi-annual trips from here to Louisiana were killer on my pocketbook. Those trips set me back $500+ so i'm glad i don't do that anymore!

13. Crimson_Steel17

Okay, I kinda wanted to see how true that would be for the airline I fly with. Here were the results (Times marked in 24-hour format):

Airline: Southwest (WN)
    Departure point: PDX
    Arrival point: LAX
    Round Trip?: Yes
    Number of fares: 2A 0M

Departing flight info: PDX -> LAX, flight WN1073- Nonstop service from PDX to LAX. Wheels up at 06:50.
    Returning flight info: LAX -> PDX, flight WN5590- Nonstop service from LAX to PDX. Wheels up at 21:05.

Cost of fare (Including applicable taxes): $219.76
    Baggage Fees: $0 (2 free checked bags/person)

Total cost: $219.76

And both planes have Wi-Fi.

14. ladymacbeth

ladymacbeth New Member

Yeah, grad school makes being on the internet hard >_>

15. ladymacbeth

ladymacbeth New Member

And day of the week/ time of year is a huge factor in cost of plane tickets. Just a thought.

16. ladymacbeth

ladymacbeth New Member

What is the point in replying if you have no interest in meeting people? That seems really counter-intuitive...

17. JumboWumbo

Yes, I can see how that takes a lot of your time.

I guess you can look for local area "furmeets" such as this: www.meetup.com: Rose City Fur Meet

18. Crimson_Steel17

Thank you, courtesy of Iago. I fly WAY too much, I just pulled a random example for everyone else on this site xD

19. PlusThirtyOne

i'm rather introverted and i like my friendships distant. i don't even hang out with coworkers and they don't know i'm furry. Even if i DO make friends, i tend to chicken out early on. Besides, i don't think i'm very much fun.
    To be fair, my reply was on topic and i answered the question. i just think it's funny that so many furries seeking friends are so close by to me and i'm too big a wuss to say hi face to face. Also, there's the age and gender differences... Sooooooo much jail bait.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Fuzzylumkin likes this.
  20. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

Portland. The land of milk and honey. People take off there to start their new life and then come back. They always come back.