Any Furs in Portland Or?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ladymacbeth, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Revates

Revates I'm Gay

Portland or? or what?

2. Karatine

Karatine Call me kittteeeehhhh

Orrregon? .-.

3. Sgt. Kai

Sgt. Kai Sgt. Kai the German Shepherd Police Dog

Are you including Gresham? It's like another world up here...

Zenoth likes this.
  4. Crimson_Steel17

Crimson_Steel17 The night is my solace; the day is my prime

Considering the fact that it's possible to drive from Delta Park to Downtown Portland to Gresham/Troutdale and all the way to Hood River without ever setting your tires on the interstate, yeah... I'd include Gresham/Troutdale as both a part of the Portland Metro...

Zenoth likes this.
  5. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

That's cause rent is crazy here :3. Good ol Portland, where I here the dream of the 90's is alive and well......but I spend too much time inside on the computer to really know if that's true lolol.

Sgt. Kai likes this.
  6. Zenoth

Also sense it's a PDX thread...........7 Days till Furlandia !!! HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Sgt. Kai likes this.
  7. Crimson_Steel17

Oh yeah... that convention I can't afford and/or have prior engagements during, so I have to miss... FML

8. Sgt. Kai

No, it's actually true. There is very little old money in Portland anymore.... people are flocking to Portland for whatever reason. Unfortunately we as a city can't support the growth rate... Just look at our road system, lol.

Zenoth likes this.
  9. Zenoth

Right!!!! It's gonna take me like 50 min to drive the mere 20 miles to get to the hotel lolol. Thought about taking a taxi, so that I wouldn't have to mess around with parking, and could have a drink or two, and those effers quoted me 70 dollars...........70 for a 20 mile drive, and it's even more on the way back from the hotel cause it's by the airport so they're like heh heh outta towner rates activate T.T

10. Crimson_Steel17

Actually, to be fair, the roads were fucked LONG before newbies started flocking to the PDX. I grew up in the Portland Metro (which Vancouver can also be considered a part of), and as long as I can remember, the roads have been in piss poor shape...

11. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Take public transit. The MAX takes you right up to the hotel for $2.50. Just get yourself to the closest MAX station like a park'n'ride and you're all set. Hell, you could do that in a fursuit. i see suits on MAX all the time!

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Zenoth likes this.
  12. Zenoth

I have a deep 'fear' with public transit, everytime I take the bus I get some random stranger telling me their life stories like.......nuuuu can't you see I has headphones on xD I'll probably just drive it's not too far. Not sure how late i'll be staying, depends on if my neighbor is free to feed my doggo or not ^^

13. Crimson_Steel17

More accurately, with half the officially recognized less-than-ordinary clothing rides that occur on MAX, I'm pretty sure you could ride while all fursuited up and NEVER raise any eyebrows. Hell, we're talking about a city that has a day EVERY YEAR that's dedicated to riding a bike while Au Natural...

14. Trashsona

Trashsona Well-Known Member

Just tell whoever is bugging you that you're going to a furry con. That will either make them leave you alone or you will be the one doing all the talking. Or you could just slap them with your tail :p.

15. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

You'll never catch me on a bus or train in my undies but that doesn't stop Portlanders either. Keep Portland weird, friend.
    Hell i JUST saw a furry in half a suit in Uwajimaya not half an hour ago. Nobody even noticed.

Yakamaru and Zenoth like this.
  16. Crimson_Steel17

See, if Portland had a major con to the same scale as Anthrocon... well, I'm about 99% sure the only way that the locals would notice enough to comment is NBC, CBS, and FOX doing local reports on the sudden spike in fursuits on mass transit

17. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

"Welcome to fucking Portland."

18. ThatOneLombaxx

ThatOneLombaxx Pending Deletion

I actually know somebody going to the convention in Portland

19. Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs

Ieatcrackersandjumpcliffs Fighter of the Nightman

Rent is too damn high indeed. My new co-worker was telling me today that a studio is like 1200. My old apartment was 2 bedrooms at 695$. Only good thing about Protland is a lot of cute guys. If I lived there I'd strip cash. It's still a back up plan.

My little junkie brother dropped out of rehab up there, years ago, and while homeless bragged about riding a light rail in his boxers and no one bating an eye. Then said "keep Portland weird." I didn't talk to him for like a year or so because of that.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Zenoth and Yakamaru like this.
  20. Sgt. Kai

Unfortunately, the downfall of Portland started back in 1996 when the state mental hospital (Dammasch) closed. Those folks who needed the most help were filtered out onto the streets, ultimately ending up in the criminal justice system.
    I see it and deal with mental health issues on the street every day.