Any Gearheads/Petrolheads Here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyShutterbug, Jun 22, 2017.

1. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

I've been a lifelong enthusiast of automobiles, especially for classic cars. Anyway, I've been curious. How many of my furry brothers and sisters here are also into cars? How many of you here are Gearheads? (or Petrolheads, if you happen to be European.)

2. PixelVixen

PixelVixen Guest

My eyes didn't engage with brain for a split second, and I read "potheads" instead of "petrolheads" >_<

Of which I'm neither by the way! XD

3. FluffyShutterbug

Lol.... XD

4. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

If a furry got enough money together for a vehicle, it'd probably just buy a fursuit to cruise around in instead.

#hugsforfuel

(Afterwards they'd tell everyone else that they're broke and are accepting commisions again.)

5. Triibuline

Triibuline New Member

fellow petrolhead over here, also a mechanic.

Cerberus326 and FluffyShutterbug like this.
  6. Liam The Red

Liam The Red "Dad" Fox

I am definitely a gearhead. I almost always have a project vehicle or two I'm working on. I've had many over the years. I usually fix them up and drive them for awhile, then sell them to start another project.

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  7. Triibuline

Triibuline New Member

Finished putting together my second MB AMG 63 engine today.

8. Saylor

Saylor More free than your average Murican

I have a thing for cars. Especially old school American muscle cars. My dream car would probably have to be a 1966 Shelby Cobra Super Snake

9. FluffyShutterbug

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame! Awesome choice in a dream ride. Me? I'd take a 1965 Pontiac anything, but I like the suave-looking personal luxury coupe that is the Grand Prix.

Saylor and Dongding like this.
  10. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

yes

i've got a 2008 Jaguar Xtype which was my first car and can't let go of and i'm looking to get a Jaguar XE and my grandfather as an S type and a Jaguar Etype

i like Jaguars

11. FluffyShutterbug

Jags are nice. Especially the E-Type, or in the states, where I live, the XKE.

12. GreenZone

they're actually not really a luxury brand here so they're fairly cheap but E-Types can go for $100k-$300k now my grandfather was once considering selling it and getting a TVR instead im glad he didn't

13. GreenZone

oooooooh actually i was once toying with getting a harley davidson street 500

14. FluffyShutterbug

Lol... What kind of blockhead would sell an E-Type Jag for a frickin' TVR? Although I'm American, I know how wonky TVR's are.

15. GreenZone

i think more cause at the time there weren't many in Australia and it was more of that "British engineering" kind of aspect that drew him in?

the E-type was once like the XF it's kinda luxury and expensive but in two years its worth 2c no one really expected the Etype to become so valuble i remember back in 2005 i looked up Etypes and they were about 30k and in a little over a decade they've gone up in like what 100X the price

i think currently the Jaguar XJ220 is worth less than an Etype but that might be because "ewww really old probably non functioning super car"

16. FluffyShutterbug

Which is vaguely depressing. When the XJ220 was released, it was the fastest production car until the McLaren F1 was released.

17. GreenZone

i think it was more because the XJ220's really weren't meant to last the engine didn't have that long of a life span

18. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

1978 Pontiac Trans Am

<3

19. FluffyShutterbug

Don't tell me... A black '78 Trans Am? ;)

Dongding likes this.
  20. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

Mebe