Any Gearheads/Petrolheads Here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyShutterbug, Jun 22, 2017.

1. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Cars like that are just a little old for me (I like the 60's and 70's the most), but I can totally see the appeal behind the humble lil' Austin Seven. :D

ClinkertheLion likes this.
  2. ClinkertheLion

ClinkertheLion Coal dust and noisy things

I also favour 60' and 70'. Though I forget the name of some examples. Only ones that come to mind are the Triumph herald and Spitfire, Ford Anglia, the Reliant Robin/Regal (dispite their laughably silly looks:D) and the Leyland mini.

Liam The Red likes this.
  3. FluffyShutterbug

Heh... The infamous Reliant Robin comes to mind, eh? Lol....
    But, yeah. The Minis were excellent cars, and the Anglias represent the decade too. Oh! And I like Spitfires. Especially in Amaranth Purple.

ClinkertheLion likes this.
  4. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka Active Member

*raises his tiny paw* Loved working on my mitsubishi lancer, until it decided to just...explode one day. Now I am saving up for a new car. :\

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  5. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Ryvahn

I love vintage cars! My first car was a "69 Olds Cutlass. It was so rusted out that I sold it for $250 and bought a "74 VW Beetle. Gutless wonder , but I still loved it (42 HP). Everyone on the road smoked me until it snowed. The engine and transmission sat right on top of the drive wheels, and it basically drove like a snowmobile. That little car could drive through 18" of snow like nothing!

6. FluffyShutterbug

Oh cool, was it by any chance an Evo?
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! I love old Cutlasses. What color was it?

7. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Ryvahn

It was burgundy underneath, but covered with red primer to hide all the Bondo. It was a base model F-85 with a 250 straight six and a two speed auto. The only option it had was Positraction.

8. FluffyShutterbug

And, that's why I love the 60's so much; You were able to choose all of the options you wanted for your car individually instead of being to forced to pick between 3 or 4 trim levels.

9. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Ryvahn

I would have been an amazing base for a custom build if it hadn't been rusted beyond repair. It wasn't expensive like a 442 since it was a base model. If I ever won the lottery I'd have Chip Foose build me a '69 Cutlass.

10. FluffyShutterbug

Wow... Foose himself... And, it'd be interesting seeing a Cutlass done by him, since we've seen plenty of custom Mustangs, Camaros and Chargers already.

11. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Ryvahn

I searched and it looks like he's done a few already. www.pinterest.com: foose designs

12. FluffyShutterbug

13. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Ryvahn

Looks like he's done a couple '68s and a '72. The '69 was a one-year-only design (as was the '68). Its still my favorite year of Cutlass ever.

14. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka Active Member

>long overdue reply

Nah was an ES. I hit so much shit with my car and it just took it like a man who takes things badassfully.

Even hit a guy in a wheelchair even though the police said he hit me and not the other way around

epic day

15. FluffyShutterbug

OwO

16. Cerberus326

Cerberus326 Member

Humm have to go with a 1967, Chevy ss . or a 1969 ford fairlane four door with suicides on. A friend had one but he replaced the two back doors as sold sheet metal n repainted it all it gave more room in the back but made it a lot slicker look to it like wow two doors ya OK .then get in and o wow a limo. Nice. Plus ya know the fun at a drive in as he used to say.lol

17. FluffyShutterbug

I'm biased towards GM, so pick the Chev. Me? I wanna '65 Goat so bad. ^w^

Cerberus326 likes this.
  18. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

I wouldn't say no to a Skyline Gt-R34 or the newer Skyline aka Godzilla =^.^=

19. FluffyShutterbug

I still think that the R32 Skyline looks so much prettier, but hey. The Skyline is an awesome car, no matter what generation. :3

Zenoth likes this.
  20. Dmc10398

Dmc10398 riding against the wind

I've owned a classic car for the past ten years if that counts :p

Cerberus326 likes this.
  21. FluffyShutterbug

Of course it does~! Whatcha have? ^w^

Dmc10398 likes this.
  22. Dmc10398

For the past ten years I've owned a 1982 Delorean DMC-12 last five of the VIN being 10398. In the DMC community everyone knows each other by their VIN or at least online :)

And some furs think fur-suits or cons are expensive, they don't know what expensive means ...

Attached Files:

23. FluffyShutterbug

Awesome!!!!!!! Where are you from, BTW? I've actually met a guy a few years ago with a DeLorean at a car show I went to in Lancaster, MA.

24. Dmc10398

I am from phoenix Arizona but I do know a few guys on the East Coast, like the furry fandom it's a pretty small community.