Any Gearheads/Petrolheads Here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FluffyShutterbug, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Triibuline

Triibuline New Member

My dream car would be Ferrari F40, dem turbos.
    Realistically though I would have to build my dream car, something along the lines of Boba Motoring VW Golf.

2. Saylor

Saylor More free than your average Murican

I've been looking around, and it seems like a Datsun 280Z might not be a bad investment for a classic car if someone is interested in getting something that will appreciate in value. The nostalgia for the older Datsuns is going up, and that means collectors will be willing to pay more. Plus, it's a pretty fun car to drive around too.

Triibuline and FluffyShutterbug like this.
  3. StolenMadWolf

StolenMadWolf resident Lab Wolf

Not as much of a fan of old vehicles but I like new ones alot. Especially bikes. Currently own a late 2007 Kawasaki KLE500.

4. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Dem old Z's are awesome, eh?
    No prob! As long as what you're into has an engine and wheels, you're welcome in this thread. :p

StolenMadWolf likes this.
  5. ClinkertheLion

ClinkertheLion Coal dust and noisy things

though i am more railway and steam, i do have a love for older motor cars like the Austin 7, Austin 8, Rolls Royce silver ghost (or any Rolls Royce for that matter), etc. Theres something about the look and design of the older models that has a much better appeal than those seen on modern vehicles. Even old Lorries like the scammell scarab have a certain charm to them, i'd say. May not be cheap or economical, but its the pride of ownership and owning a piece of history that drives you (unintentional i swear) to keep "the old girl" running.

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  6. FluffyShutterbug

Cars like that are just a little old for me (I like the 60's and 70's the most), but I can totally see the appeal behind the humble lil' Austin Seven. :D

ClinkertheLion likes this.
  7. ClinkertheLion

ClinkertheLion Coal dust and noisy things

I also favour 60' and 70'. Though I forget the name of some examples. Only ones that come to mind are the Triumph herald and Spitfire, Ford Anglia, the Reliant Robin/Regal (dispite their laughably silly looks:D) and the Leyland mini.

Liam The Red likes this.
  8. FluffyShutterbug

Heh... The infamous Reliant Robin comes to mind, eh? Lol....
    But, yeah. The Minis were excellent cars, and the Anglias represent the decade too. Oh! And I like Spitfires. Especially in Amaranth Purple.

ClinkertheLion likes this.
  9. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka Active Member

*raises his tiny paw* Loved working on my mitsubishi lancer, until it decided to just...explode one day. Now I am saving up for a new car. :\

10. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Member

I love vintage cars! My first car was a "69 Olds Cutlass. It was so rusted out that I sold it for $250 and bought a "74 VW Beetle. Gutless wonder , but I still loved it (42 HP). Everyone on the road smoked me until it snowed. The engine and transmission sat right on top of the drive wheels, and it basically drove like a snowmobile. That little car could drive through 18" of snow like nothing!

11. FluffyShutterbug

Oh cool, was it by any chance an Evo?
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! I love old Cutlasses. What color was it?

12. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Member

It was burgundy underneath, but covered with red primer to hide all the Bondo. It was a base model F-85 with a 250 straight six and a two speed auto. The only option it had was Positraction.

13. FluffyShutterbug

And, that's why I love the 60's so much; You were able to choose all of the options you wanted for your car individually instead of being to forced to pick between 3 or 4 trim levels.

14. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Member

I would have been an amazing base for a custom build if it hadn't been rusted beyond repair. It wasn't expensive like a 442 since it was a base model. If I ever won the lottery I'd have Chip Foose build me a '69 Cutlass.

15. FluffyShutterbug

Wow... Foose himself... And, it'd be interesting seeing a Cutlass done by him, since we've seen plenty of custom Mustangs, Camaros and Chargers already.

16. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Member

I searched and it looks like he's done a few already. www.pinterest.com: foose designs

17. FluffyShutterbug

18. RivendellWolf

RivendellWolf Member

Looks like he's done a couple '68s and a '72. The '69 was a one-year-only design (as was the '68). Its still my favorite year of Cutlass ever.

19. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka Active Member

>long overdue reply

Nah was an ES. I hit so much shit with my car and it just took it like a man who takes things badassfully.

Even hit a guy in a wheelchair even though the police said he hit me and not the other way around

epic day

20. FluffyShutterbug

OwO