Any help or other critiques?

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Critiques' started by Retschy, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Retschy

Retschy New Member

Hey there,

So I am a beginner of the anthropology drawing. I am sometimes not sure if I should edit of some drawings with pencil..
    I am very be happy if someone can "teach" or help me to edit some details or give tips to do it better on the next time??

On this I think something is wrong..
    [​IMG]

2. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

The eyes are definitely throwing it off. Forelimb looks a bit short but I think that's from the tiny hands. General proportions look about right otherwise at first glance, though the receding edge of the neck might be off? Its a very thick neck so it's hard to tell. Can't quite make out what's going on with the darkest quadralateral above the nostrils, but the general central lines down the nasal ridge, nose, mouth, might be slightly crooked relative to each other.

3. Jax Cottontail

Jax Cottontail Active Member

To get better at drawing anthropomorphic characters I suggest studying both human and animal anatomy, gesture, and perspective. Learning character proportions is also crucial to designing characters. Regardless of how stylized a character is drawn, having a clear understanding of these principles is a great way to improve your artwork.