Any other programmers?

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by _Hushy, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JumboWumbo

JumboWumbo Banned in two states.

I can change the channel on my TV. Does that count?

SveltColt likes this.
  2. StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug Stranger Than You!

I'm a computer science student. That counts :p

3. Lucifurry

Lucifurry New Member

Python programmer here. Getting a Raspberry Pi for Christmas and I wanna write some small Facebook bots with the external Facebook Python API that I found.(nothing bad, just stuff to reply to friend requests since I add everyone)

4. MadDraggo

MadDraggo New Member

I develop mostly in C# and PHP, for my work I mostly use PHP but we have several projects in C#. In my free time I like to use C++ and just build random stuff for fun :3

5. Xaroin

Xaroin the Contradictory

I can use multimedia fusion 2.5 (engine the FNAF games run in)

6. Druky!

Druky! New Member

The three languages I am confident in:

C# (Unity3D)
    C++

Just to boast:
    Java, Python, Javascript, PHP, MySQL, Javascript, AutoHotkey

Of course, I don't use the other languages much and I'm hardly proficient at them. But I can translate code if you give me a reference sheet :)

7. _Hushy

_Hushy Socially uncomfortable, verbally clumsy~

Made anything interesting in Unity? :D

8. Blu Dragon

Blu Dragon New Member

Oh boy, programming is my favorite thing to do for passing time, its currently a hobby for me though I'm hoping to have a job with it soon enough though. I currently only know Lua, bits of Python and self teaching myself C++ so I can move from the current engine I use into Unreal Engine to follow a dream in my free time. Speaking of C++, does anyone have any recommendations for a book on C++?

9. xinacs

xinacs New Member

I am a fellow programmer, coding mainly in Java for my job. I've also coded in Javascript, PHP, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Ruby Script (the one from RPG Maker), but in the end you only need to learn one language. With some experience you can pretty easily adapt to any other language.
    Unfortunately I have not much time for my hobby projects and thus a problem to keep up motivation when working on them alone. That does not keep me from starting new ones all the time. ^-^
    I have a small text adventure written in my own script language with an interpreter in PHP, which is pretty much finished (although the fights still suck): gefis.storymaze.net: GEfIS
    At the moment I have 2-3 active Unity projects, one being a Rommée Card game and one being an escape-the-room 3D puzzle game (see screenshots). The problem is that I have lots of ideas, but would need to clone myself to finish them all. I also have a very limited talent when it comes to produce graphics. XD

[​IMG]

10. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

I love programming, and even though I had some classes on the topic, I mainly do it as a hobby rn. The languages that I use are Java(mainly), C++(still learning) and HTML and CSS.

11. Druky!

Druky! New Member

Oh heeeeeell no. I never finish projects that I start.

_Hushy likes this.
  12. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth Dancin' Robot

Numerical analysis? Anyone? Or is this all games development?

13. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

I dabbled in programming with the unity engine, both with C++ and Java. Never got very far, made a silly game where you got a bag of gold for a farmer and could kill sheep.

xinacs likes this.
  14. Martin2W

Martin2W Sergaling like a sir

Well I will be having java lecture next week. I liked visual c#. Maybe, maybe I will like java.

15. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Well-Known Member

Yep I've done my fair share of numerical analysis

16. x_eleven

x_eleven Member

C/C++
    FORTRAN
    Python
    BASH shell script

For C++ graphical apps, I use the Fox Toolkit. Also, GTK+ for C graphical programming. BASH works nicely for intensive file manipulations. I did six BASH scripts for use with ffmpeg for doing vids.

17. Alex K

Alex K Guest

I have a friend who knows a lot of computers. I met him at Best Buy and he helped me pick out a really good laptop for only 5K

18. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

That 5k could have bought you a monster of a desktop with a couple grand left over

19. Alex K

Alex K Guest

But it's a really nice chrome book though

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2017
  20. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Unless you want it for nothing more than portability then you got gypped my amigo