Anyone else here unable to go to conventions?

Discussion in 'Furry Conventions' started by um_pineapplez, Jan 6, 2017.

1. -Praydeth-

-Praydeth- The Trickster coyote.

The worst part of this is i live less that 30 min away from fau and at this time at least i'm not a furry and it's the same god dam week as meh birthday so it would be no problem at all and every time i see a post like this i get reminded of that.

2. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

I would see if I could get a friend to let you try their fursuit out. It's not for everyone. I have actually seen cases where someone would get a fursuit and not like doing it, only to immediately resell the suit at a loss. It's hot and confining, but if you can stand doing it, it is so worth the rewards. I have always wanted to go to the U.K. It's on my bucket list. Unfortunately, it is not in my foreseeable future. Maybe if I had a GoH, lol.

Bluey Grifter likes this.
  3. Bluey Grifter

Bluey Grifter Member

Hi Keefur. I would like to try that. I do think I'd definitely be ok with it - am determined to give it a go ASAP. I'm scribbling away and developing the fursuit but I'm aware now of other husky fursuiters and my drawing looks like their real-life fursuits so I need to be unique! Oh there are some lovely parts to the UK. I live in the South East. Brighton is near but have so far not found any furries locally - there HAS to be some! I'm off to the midlands this weekend, near to Stratford and Warwick. I try to visit London about once a month. Memphis I see! That is awesome!

4. ExtinguishedHope

ExtinguishedHope I lost my sock

I live in Bumfuck, Nowhere, so I can't really go to cons. Plus I don't quite have the money to attend and I'd like to go to have a suit before I go to a furry con.

5. Mandragoras

Mandragoras Inept Abecedarian

Money. It's really that simple. There will be one right by my house and I'm like, "Nope, don't have the dough." Kind of lame, honestly.

6. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

Like others have said above, Real Life comes first. A Furry con is a luxury, unless you are vending. If you have to sacrifice basic RL stuff to go, please don't. I have known Furs who went to cons with no means of support as in no room and no money for food. By all means, don't do this!

7. Eagertail

Eagertail New Member

I honestly might be able to go to anthrocon via my aunt takeing me, the people that I live with does not like, no HATE furrys me being in the fandom just makes it haard to deal with. So by me telling them that there is a con in wich over 7,000 furrys went to last year just does not seem like a good idea.