anyone else here who can't draw

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xTroverted, May 13, 2017.

1. xTroverted

xTroverted New Member

i need people to connect with lmao.
    best i can do is copy something from a manga which is pretty looked down upon in the art community. i don't even know what styles suit me in terms of furry or manga art.

2. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

WHY DOEST THOU SUMMON ME

VERILY WELL. THOU HAST BEEN FOLLOWED.

3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru No "Awooo'ing" allowed

WHAT?! THERE'S PEOPLE IN THE FANDOM THAT ALSO CAN'T DRAW? WHAT IS THIS BLACK MAGIC?!

Welcome to the club. I kinda gave up drawing, although I've always wanted to get the skills required to draw.

4. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Vance the Gryphon!

Countless times I tried to learn... I never got anywhere. Here's a photo of a shitty dragon I did that looks more like a snake. That's the best I can do.

Attached Files:

5. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Stupid batto

Eh, it's complicated. I've learned to draw for a couple of years, and even got somewhere with my skills, but then moved on to making video games and playing music. I've returned to more art practice during January, after 4 years of hiatus, but yeah, as of now, I don't like my drawings very much (not in a "PRAISE ME PLZ" sense, but genuinely think they're bad). Yet again, there are various random people who actually like my artwork, and I even managed to strike a couple of trades with really skilled artists (one of which I still didn't finish, but I hope to nail it during current or next weekend), so yeah, maybe I'm not as bad as I think I am. In other words, I don't even know if I can draw or not, it's a complicated question for me :confused:

6. Balskarr

Balskarr New Member

I honestly don't know if I can draw anything half decent anymore. It's been years since I seriously sat down to draw anything.

7. Starbeak

Starbeak Sent from Space, resides on Earth.

:oops:

Ashamed to admit it, I can't draw either.

My entire family can though. It skipped me. x_x

I don't know a thing about shading, painting, crafting, sculpting, sketching or anything like that.

I can only color but even then I go outside the lines lol xD

:oops:

Rykhoteth likes this.
  8. xTroverted

xTroverted New Member

yknow how asians are usually supposed to be good at everything
    well
    im not good at art
    so
    am i still asian

Bam_Bams, WolfNightV4X1 and Rykhoteth like this.
  9. Ginza

Ginza New Member

I can draw enough to get me by, but seeing some of the amazing things others draw puts me to shame!

Oh well, who needs art when you have others to do it for you? :D

10. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxay Femboi Photographer

I can't draw to save my life! :p

11. Rykhoteth

Rykhoteth I AM A HUGE JIAN PLEASE BREAK MY LEGS

This hits home. But I'm the only one with 4+ years higher education and the only "math guy" in the family. On the other hand, the pay is shit for the work and there are days I wish I could have gone the art route because I hold more regard for it and feel like I'd be having more fun with it.

" This art tutorial is pretty good"
    " Oh yeah? How so? "
    " I used to be
    Asian. "

12. If you've got the cash.. commission people.. ;)

13. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox This is what the fandom did to me!

Can you draw a shape? If so, you can draw.

14. oh god I can't draw to save my life

15. reptile logic

reptile logic An imposter among aliens.

I type; even drawing those squiggly lines called letters is a challenge for me.

16. Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned Member

I try to draw, but it always turns out a little strange.

I know the feeling, back in school there was more than one assignment that the teacher said they couldn't read.

17. stimpy

stimpy you're not using Windows XP?

I can draw a pretty mean MS-Paint stick figure but thats about it[​IMG]

Alstren and Bam_Bams like this.
  18. Bam_Bams

Bam_Bams Fur-real!

I'm lucky if I get by with a ruler.

But that MS-Paint, that's next level

19. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Drawing is one of those things that only people with loooots of time on their hands can do because it literally takes all day to draw one picture. For me it can be anywhere from 4 to 8 hours of nonstop focus.
    So if you say you can't draw. You just need to really spend not just an hour but enire days trying. For years might I add. Lol ☆

There are many tutorials on how to draw so it's really up to you.

20. Bam_Bams

Bam_Bams Fur-real!

I really admire and appreciate that amount of focus.
    I have just started going back to school, and I have had to re-learn focus and concentration.
    My prac classes require just that, focus and concentration.
    This also highlights what you say about a lifetime of dedication to a craft.
    Only this week was I lamenting about a lack of time to study. Upon discussion with an author acquaintance, he rightly reminded me that you have to make time, if you want to push ahead.
    Now I did know this, but hearing it again really rams it home.

I'm going to have a go at little drawing.
    I'm not expecting greatness, but at least I know that I have had a go.

Yvvki likes this.