Apple Vs. Android

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by FluffyShutterbug, May 5, 2017.

?

Apple or Android?

Poll closed May 19, 2017.
  1. Apple

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Android

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  1. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

I used Android a lot more than ios.
    So I can't really say anything....

The only thing that I can say is that Ios auto corrected me more than android.

2. JamesOtters

JamesOtters A small, cute, but helpless otter.

I use apple...

I'm on an iMax. (Dont burn me on a stake, that kinda hurts...)

3. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

Not a big fan of Apple, I have a mac, and I'm a bit disappointed by the quality. I mean it's way overpriced and it's marketed as this overly cool thing with the greatest design in the world. Well, anyways, that's just my opinion

4. JamesOtters

It has its flaws and its Upsides. Good thing I dont pay for my Mac. Its good, but it depends on the user. I can game on a Mac, and I do. Some people dislike it. Just use the best Os for you. Heck, use Linux if you feel like it!

5. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

True words. Do you use windows emulators to game on mac? Or do you just play games available on mac?

6. JamesOtters

I dont use emulators, they are hard to set up, but there is a lot of games now that work. I haven't seen more that 3 games that I want that dont support windows. My friend also uses a Mac.
    (Plus Mac doesn't allow you to delete your computers existence...)

Sarachaga likes this.
  7. Augmented Husky

Augmented Husky Mind currently uploaded

Honestly being really large into tech I liked both OSs.....thing is right now Apple has the upper hand when it comes to long term software support....not to mention a physical location to go to when ever there's a hardware issue which actually happend to me. One day my iPhone 6S+ would not maintain a Bluetooth connection to my Jaybird Freedoms out of the blue.....replaced them at bestbuy and still it would not work....the next week I go to Apple and they just go ahead and replace the phone right then and there.......boom ! Done.....no warrantys or mailing or other BS......8 months into owning it and I got a replacement phone that was easily restored from backup so everything worked by smooth. The phone I had before that was a LG V10 I had for all of 4 weeks....the thing was a beast of hardware and customization.....the screen was beautifully big to......but dear god the battery life tanked mid day every-time.....the iPhone just worked great and does everything a great smartphone should...........and yes I would love love love the galaxy's thin bezels and great hardware.....but Apple knows how to make a good phone last....which is why I've personally stuck with it with a smile and healthy amount of trust in their team

TL;DR: Android hardware is amazing but battery life is suspect in some phones. The iPhone lasts and has a store that's ready to help and be sure your phone does all it should with glee

8. JamesOtters

I agree. Once my Mac broke (Like, I would go on an application and then just Strobe Lights). We tried everything, but we failed. So we sent it to get repair (At a Apple-Licesned Store, not an Apple Store) and we got it back in 2 weeks. That was only because they had lots of other jobs to do. And it was like brand new. :)

9. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

android. because you don't need iTunes to put music on an android phone

10. JamesOtters

I dont listen to music that much XD. I just search the song on youtube...

11. modfox

[​IMG] fishing 4 likes bruh

12. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

This "fish like" macro stopped being interesting or funny 4 uses ago.

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  13. modfox

I do it to everyone who is obviously trying to start drama and just being a prick in general

FluffyShutterbug likes this.
  14. -AlphaLupi

-AlphaLupi The Fennec

The Galaxy S5 isn't a bad Android phone but it's not the best either. More recent Android phones are signifigantly better. I used to use a Galaxy S5 myself. While I miss the sense of security waterproofing provided, I haven't looked back since getting a Note5. Much much better experience, hell it pretty much replaced my laptop for most (but not all) tasks. The problem with the Samsung phones especially is the bloatware, other manufacturers don't have this issue. By rooting and removing that crap you'll notice the phone performs much better. Apple doesn't install bloatware so they do have that advantage. Also a custom ROM can really change your Android experience.

I think the shitty behavior is due to "fanboyism". People getting way to attached to the brand. I wouldn't call myself an Android fanboy, I'm willing to try out other phones (and I have. I've used both a Windows phone and several iPhones), but personally Android serves my needs the best. Everyones needs are different. Some people just need a phone solely for communication and simplicity, in which Apple excels. I'm one of those people that need a phone that can do much more and I'm not afraid of something more complex, in which Android excels. Windows phones don't excel at anything tbh, they're just a shit phone.

15. Rimna

Rimna Far from the madding crowd

Android. iPhones are way too expensive where I live.

16. i cant access nsfw telegram groups on iphone :(

Pipistrele likes this.
  17. Zenoth

Zenoth The average chipfox, doing chipfox stuff.

[​IMG]

Lcs and FluffyShutterbug like this.
  18. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

Samsung baby! (Android)

Lcs likes this.
  19. JamesOtters

Am I'm the only one who doesn't ever use phones?

20. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Battery life on Samsung phones is kinda awful, though. Not to mention batteries themselves are prone to de-calibrating and wearing down in a pretty short span of time, at least on previous generations (had first and fourth Galaxy S, both started to shut down around 50% after half a year or so). Oh, and a lot of pre-installed, unremovable crap. Honestly, I would trade any kind of fancy gimmick from face recognition to water resistance, as long as the phone has long battery life and isn't overloaded with useless stuff - that's why it took me so long to move from Symbian to Android, actually.

Honestly, both iPhones and high-end Galaxy phones are quite overpriced, considering how fast mobile technology degrades over time - I mean, I bought myself a Texet TM-5017 for $105 SIM-free, and serves me just as well as my three-years old Galaxy S4 ($856,20 SIM-free as a starting price). Both times a bought a high-end phone, it turned out in a waste of money in a long run, since older smartphones usually tackle newer apps without problems, and newer ones become relatively outdated in a year or so.

21. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I can't speak for older or cheaper models but, as I understand it, their flagship has a pretty good, or at least average, battery life.

22. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes yes-then-no - it's a lottery, pretty much. My mother bought herself a Galaxy S5 - so far, no complaints. My friend bought S8, and it lasted around 3-4 hours of moderate activity (her old iPhone 5s lasted thrice as long) - she was so disappointed that she got into something of a fight with a retailer, trying to turn the phone back (eventually they replaced the battery). I had S and S4, and they worked well at first, but eventually degraded and decalibrated - like, you use the phones, and after working normally from 100 to 50%, they almost instantly go from 30-50% to 0%. I thought that was something to do with how I carry my phones or something, and it's my fault (maybe I somehow damaged the battery), but no, my other phones worked/work just fine, and from what I've read on the Internet, I'm not the only one to have this problem. Samsung phones are very random with battery quality, I don't know what's going on with them - damn, they had exploding batteries at one point, so there is a problem.

UPD: After cleaning up my appartment not too long ago, I took a look at my old phone lying around in the box of spare tech, and the battery from it actually got swollen by itself. So, yeah, lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  23. Lcs

Lcs Well-Known Member

I haven't had any bad experiences with their batteries myself. My S7 Edge lasts me quite a while and its battery hasn't suffered much deterioration so far, though it could be that I've just been fortunate.

That swollen battery does look a bit dodgy, lol.

24. Julyne

Julyne New Member

what can you say about iPhone 8 and iPhone10?

25. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

I would like to pause for a moment to gloat over the Pixel 2's not having a headphone jack. >:3