Apple Vs. Android

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by FluffyShutterbug, May 5, 2017.

?

Apple or Android?

Poll closed May 19, 2017.
  1. Apple

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Android

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  1. StolenMadWolf

StolenMadWolf resident Lab Wolf

Android has it's perks, but I perfer Apple. I just find it easier to use.

2. -..Legacy..-

-..Legacy..- Sergal Mafia :P

I text, browse, and maybe make 5 actual calls a month. My IPhone 5 is about 6 years old, and I've only had to change the battery last month.

I think that's pretty reliable for a device. Who cares about 9000 features if you fart and it shatters?

3. Water Draco

Water Draco I shal breath my fire on SPAM

was Panasonic then they slipped out of the market so went to Nokia. Nokia then lost there way just when Sony and Erricson got to gether (Erricson build with Sonys GUI). Still with Sony so hence android. The iPhone has always been to large for me and so far Sony has been able to supply phones that meet my personal and business needs and the addition of being water resistant is a bonus.

4. -..Legacy..-

I had an international Sony Xperia X10a for a while. Nice phone, decent camera and proc speeds, but a butt load of bloat ware to remove.

Extremely difficult at the time to find a decent case for it. That irked me bad from day one.

5. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

Why did they remove the home button in the newest Iphone??

6. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Because it's Apple's tradition to remove things every time they come out with a new model.

7. Water Draco

Water Draco I shal breath my fire on SPAM

Quite simply the button had gone to save money on the build cost. Same reason they did away with the 3.5mm headphone socket. Manufacturers have been up to this game for years.

8. -..Legacy..-

It's going to a virtual home button supposedly to gain more screen size without going physically bigger, and the headphone jack is kind of obsolete anyways with all of the Bluetooth headphones available.

Lcs likes this.
  9. lupi900

lupi900 Active Member

Android since every phone has a phone jack & native flac support before ios did.

No it's not when any android phones still use them and you can get DAP's like the fiio X1 with jack's. BT headphone's still have years to go before they can match wired headphones even with Sony's new audio codec.

Gotta love how removing a feature is a thing to brag about. Instead of adding stuff that matters.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Simo likes this.
  10. aloveablebunny

aloveablebunny don't pull my ears!

When it comes to smartphones... I've been an Android user for years now. Currently using the Galaxy S8 and loving it.

However... I've found that I quite enjoy using Macs instead of Windows machines!

11. FadeTheFox

FadeTheFox New Member

It's quite amusing that a couple of people here say that one is better than the other, and thats that.
    In this case it seems to be in Android's favour, however both apple and android have their advantages and disadvantages.
    For example:
    Apple:
    - Arguebly more appealing and easy to use interface/OS
    - Signifcantly unreliable battery life
    Android:
    - I have found that the more you use them, the laggier and slower they get
    - Often easier to modify.

12. Sarachaga

Sarachaga You gain Brouzouf

Android, but only for the appealing prices.
    I want to spend as little as possible on a phone.

13. AkuroZinnui

AkuroZinnui Femboy Music producer, at your service~

I've only ever used Apple stuff when working with music, but from what I've heard the mobile devices they have don't last as long as others would like compared to Android. And spec/feature wise they don't seem that far ahead of Android anymore.

14. Vitaly

Vitaly New Member

Apple. Because they are the only ones who sell four-inch phone on market. And because it’s Apple:
    quality, safety and user-friendly.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017 at 2:23 AM
  15. Mikazuki Marazhu

Mikazuki Marazhu Hawaiian Pizza!

Capture.PNG

16. Garold

Garold New Member

Not much techie here so some cheap android phone works for me.

Simo likes this.