Free Art: Back again and ready to draw!

Discussion in 'Art Exchange and Trades' started by RufusIsTrueBeauty, Mar 11, 2017.

1. RufusIsTrueBeauty

RufusIsTrueBeauty Cool Dude

As I do, I once again disappeared for a few months, but, yet again, I'm back!
    My art's evolved and I need more evidence to go with it, so here's what I want from you wonderful people:
    • A character, and a ref to go with them - written or visual, I don't mind!
    • An emotion - the more unusual and dynamic, the better! (Can also be things like "Just realised they texted the wrong person", as long as it can be seen on their face)
    EDIT: This is now closed!
    If you wanted something but were too late to ask/weren't picked, I'm open for commissions!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Rant likes this.
  2. Taffypawz

Taffypawz New Member

I would like to have her with the same expression on the ref and (if you're doing full body) her crossing her arms

Attached Files:

3. Taffypawz

Taffypawz New Member

Also, I can't see images on furraffinity so if you uploaded it as a file it would let me see it ^^

4. fearlesstiger

fearlesstiger Dreamslayer

5. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

Welp, it was a long time since I was here, might as well give it a try c:

Written description under spoiler. Emotion? Welp, let's say, "Trying to be as friendly and politely patient as possible while experiencing an internal facepalm" - sort of like Condescending Wonka meme :v
    Name's Mary, and she's a blind, green scalie girl that owns and runs a coffee shop. Her actual species isn't exactly known to outsiders, and she jokingly goes along with every suggestion just to mess with people, but folks usually agree she's a dragon, mainly because her skin is hot to touch. Not incapable of moving around and doing things without support, but due to blindness, can't read tags and differentiate colors, which forces her to be highly organized at placement of all the cans/bottles/etc, and results in her being a rather order-obsessed person. Otherwise, she has a laid-back and friendly, supportive personality, and is rarily seen without a subdued smile on her face. In spare time, she enjoys listening some jazz music, fusion and modal jazz in particular (her favorites are Frank Zappa and Ryo Fukoi).
    As for looks - sports a weird down-to-nose bowlcut and an oversized T-shirt that goes down to her thighs, as well as a pair of shorts (which are usually hidden by aforementioned T-shirt), and has a very long tail, which can be seen on couple of pics below

Attached Files:

• gb1.jpg
      gb1.jpg
      File size:
      78.3 KB
      Views:
    • gb2.jpg
      gb2.jpg
      File size:
      352.1 KB
      Views:
    • gb3.jpg
      gb3.jpg
      File size:
      31 KB
      Views:
  6. BartBojarski

BartBojarski Guest

7. Dandorm

Dandorm Fahcs Lives!

Hiya, I was wondering if you wanted to draw my bf's sona? Here is a picture for reference:
    www.furaffinity.net: Krazin The Floofy Dragon by Krazington
    I would like it if you could draw him pulling a silly face with his tongue sticking out and maybe like crossed eyes or something ^ ^
    Thank yooou

8. WolfyJake

WolfyJake Professional Cuddlefluff

Hey there. Looks like you've got a lot of takers already. I hope there's room for one more?
    I'd love it if you could draw Jake.
    b1 - Copy (3) - Copy.png
    If you could draw him laughing out loud at a text message, that would be really cool.

9. RufusIsTrueBeauty

There she is! I hope you like it!
    Velvet for Taffypawz.png

10. RufusIsTrueBeauty

Here you go! I hope I got his markings correct, and that you like him!
    Fear for fearlesstiger.png

fearlesstiger likes this.
  11. RufusIsTrueBeauty

There you go! I hope you like her, I'm not too experienced with scalies yet, so thank you for the practice! (I really like the character, by the way!)
    Mary for nerdbat.png

12. nerdbat

nerdbat Green butt of reason

It's rather cute, in a weird and unexpected (but good) way! I think it turned out alright, thank you very much (may as well draw something for you too when I get one trade done)

13. Taffypawz

Taffypawz New Member

14. Mew2MewTwo

Mew2MewTwo Yard yare daze....

Hopefully this written ref is sufficient:
    It's basically a chimera of sorts. It has a ram's head and horns, but the rest of its body is more like a large cat's/lion's. It is female, maybe even a hermaphrodite. It has a curvy torso with D-cup size breasts. It isn't fat, but its arms and legs are larger--perhaps even muscular--than normal. It has a long wolf tail, colored grey. It has shoulder-length dirty blonde/tan hair. It has standard digitigrade legs, with three toes on each foot. Its hands are more like wolf paws. As for clothing, it is wearing a solid blue kimono. It has sandals on its feet and a bracelet on its right wrist. It wears a circlet/ring around the top of its head. You can draw it without clothing, if you want to.
    As for emotion, how about horrified, as though she saw an ungodly abomination?

15. Rant

Rant Haters Gonna Hate

Excited or mischievous, like the thrill of having your own pillowfort! :3 *swipes at passing mate* lololol

Attached Files:

16. fearlesstiger

fearlesstiger Dreamslayer

All the markings seem to be right, in fact everything appears to be perfect down to the notched ears.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  17. khoufu

khoufu Member

Here's my rascal Ansen for your consideration: [​IMG]

Someone has been testing his patience. A junior officer is about to get (or currently getting) put in his place for trying to go over Ansen's head about something that was no one's business. If the junior officer doesn't back up and get off the ship fast enough, they're gonna end up with ear drum damage from the shouting, and/or a nasty bite torn ou of their ear.

I hope that protrays a certain type of angry shouting. Thanks for the chance!

18. sandslash

sandslash Drunk Sandslash

19. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Member

Still open for these?