Better maturity filter

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Shelby Malphas, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Shelby Malphas

Shelby Malphas New Member

Hi all, I'm not sure if this has been posted before, and if so I can be redirected to that post.

In short I would like more options to censor and filter submissions and how I can view them based on maturity and subject matter.

I would like my feed to generally be clean, but also with an option to view submissions above the maturity filter after a warning, and without going to change my account settings.
    As is stands we only have General, Mature, and Adult filters. As far as I can tell the thumbnails are not censored, but if I try and go to a submission that is above the level I've set it completely blocks me from viewing that page. (Also I am an adult) Also I would also not like to see fetish art which can fall under the General category.

What I would like:
    • More specific filters, ex. sexual content, gore, fetish, mature (other) and adult
    • A stand in thumbnail for blocked content so I know the submission exists without having to see it
    • a possible exception for people you follow

2. Bunnyonthefence

Bunnyonthefence Call me Nikki

3. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

A better maturity filter is a future addition to the site, however if you are wanting the functionality now, and are not opposed to using scripts and mods that 3rd party people created, I can recommend FA-Filter by Rapidstrike (linked below)

It offers pretty much all the functionality you are asking for right now.

Link: greasyfork.org: FA Content Filter

4. brian577

brian577 Member

I think a lot of that would only work if submissions are properly tagged.

5. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

The last time i used it, which was a few months back, it also worked based on the title and description of the submission too.

6. BittiBones

BittiBones Gore fanatic

Having a filter for fetish art would be nice, too, so that whenever someone intially browses they don't get bombarded with fetish art on a scale of 3:1 when it comes to fetish:clean art.

7. Kebechet

Kebechet Member

I'd like this too. Really not happy about still having extreme T&A and bulging cameltoe/dicks, and diapers etc on SFW mode. SFW mode should filter out fetishes entirely, regardless of whether it contains actual nudity. This stuff shows up on the front page all the time in SFW mode and it's really starting to bug me.

8. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

Cameltoes* and bulges with dick outlines should be rated Mature, and if they're not, you're welcome to report the content under "Inappropriate Classification" so we can review it.

*) Does not include actual camels' toes - those are fine in General