Bird "Arms"

Discussion in 'Fursona Discussion' started by Riley (TGS), Mar 15, 2017.

1. Riley (TGS)

Riley (TGS) A Beak With Eyes Who Draws.

Putting this out there out of curiosity;

When it comes to avian anthros, do you prefer wing 'hands,' feathered arms with humanoid 'hands,' or a full wingspan for appendages? Personally when it comes to my bird characters I tell people it's up to them (and I personally draw them in a multitude of ways) but what looks best to you and why?

2. MaikeruNezumi

MaikeruNezumi Irritable street rat

Most of my avian characters have normal hands with what I like to call "feather fingers."

3. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

It depends on the character or vibe I get from them. I kinda lean towards wing hands

4. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

I like the Archaeopteryx look personally.

5. Frostbyte The Shark

Frostbyte The Shark Your Personal Shark Maid

Reminds me of We're Back. The movie about dinosaurs.
    There's Elsa the Pterodactyl. I like it that way.
    [​IMG]

6. Starbeak

Starbeak Sent from Space, resides on Earth.

:)

My 'sonas' preference is having Pigeons' arms from Mike Tyson Mystery Team. I saw an episode where he used his individual feathers as fingers to type on the computer, I thought that was so cute and neat. That is what my sonas' wings would do. (=

:)

7. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Vance the Gryphon!

It's hard to say. I think wings are awesome, but I think I may prefer more humanoid arms like this:
    [​IMG]

8. ArtVulpine

ArtVulpine Member

I prefer the arms separate from the wings, like the picture above.

9. Kipekee Reddington

Kipekee Reddington All American Flying Foxdog

Personally I draw avians with normal wings and little feathery fingers at the end. It looks pretty darn cool to me.

10. TomVaporeon

TomVaporeon Erudite Explorer

I go for normal wings with slightly thicker feathers at the end which act as fingers; and then one more feather to act as an opposable 'thumb'.

11. Kipekee Reddington

Kipekee Reddington All American Flying Foxdog

Yeah, same here~

12. Riley (TGS)

Riley (TGS) A Beak With Eyes Who Draws.

These are all great styles and I like them all! It really amazes me how many different things artists can do when anthro-fying wings. I'm glad that the dinos got some love too, thwyre dealt not represented enough I'm the community, imo! Thank you guys so much for sharing so far. <3