Bird Suit Help?

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Critiques' started by Ranistorm, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Ranistorm

Ranistorm New Member

I would like to make my bird, Ari, into a suit.
    More notably a partial suit.
    But, I am struggling.
    Can you guys help me with a few things?

1) HOW DO I MAKE THE TAIL? I cannot find anything online and it's driving me CRAZY

2) How do I make a good looking beak?
    I'd prefer if I could make it movable (using the Tiny1Badger small jaw tutorial)

3) Wings. How do I do those?

4) How do I make moveable eyebrows?
    I know it has something to do with magnets, but I don't understand completely.

Thank you all ~

Oh and here's what Ari looks like
    [​IMG]

2. Ranistorm

Ranistorm New Member

3. crystallinecanine

crystallinecanine Sparkle Gosh

With the tail, you can take a big piece of paper (I use the brown painters paper; you can get it at walmart or Home depot/lowe's) and draw your pattern onto the paper. Then you can transfer the patten and trace it onto the fabric you'll be using and cut it out. Sew all the pieces together and finish it with the elastic belt buckles. tAILtut.jpg
    I made a quick thing to show the pieces you'll need to make the right look for your tail. (colors are just to differentiate the pieces needed) I was actually going to make a bird tail using this pattern so Ill make a post about it showing the process! ^-^

4. Keefur

Keefur aka Cutter Cat

The eyebrows can be done by putting some thin metal plates in the forehead and putting some rare earth magnets in the eyebrows. The rare earth magnets are smaller and stronger. I sometimes use old sheets for body suit prototypes for fit. You can do this with the tail, also. It is more durable and aftwards, you can fold up the pattern for safe keeping. You might want to use some kind of stiffener in the tail. Something like foam or a tight fiberfill would work.