Blocked for no reason

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by AveryHyena, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AveryHyena

AveryHyena New Member

I was browsing my submissions and wanted to favourite a post from a fairly popular artist that I've been watching for ages. I tried to favourite it and got told they blocked me.
    I have literally never talked to this person or been in any form of contact.
    I'm 100% certain that this has to be a mistake. What have I done to deserve a block? Nothing. I've tried every way of contacting them, and the only other way is making another FA account but that'll just get me banned. And I'm not sure I can just post their FA on here for people to ask why he blocked for me, because I'm pretty sure there'll be the drama furs who'll rant about this being a witch hunt or something.

It's just a brick wall? What am I supposed to do?? All I want to do is favourite their posts ;-;

2. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

A block is something to be respected. Attempting to evade it is indeed an offense which would be treated as harassment by staff.

The best option you have is to give the user the space they desire. It's up to them to remove the block at their own discretion.

kidchameleon likes this.
  3. maxgoof

maxgoof Member

Don't worry about being blocked. They can't stop you from viewing their artwork, or even downloading it. The download link may not work if blocked, but it's already on your screen, so...well, you put 2 and 2 together and figure out how to do it.

4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Got blocked? Move on with your life.

5. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

But the problem is not in being blocked, but in not being able to fav the posts, really. Not to mention being blocked for no reason at all is kinda unpleasant indeed.

6. SSJ3Mewtwo

SSJ3Mewtwo Administrator Staff Member

The person who put up the block wanted to end contact, for whatever reason they personally chose. That includes blocking seeing favorite notifications from the person they blocked. That's entirely their right, and it should be respected. Yes, it doesn't feel great, but that's part of respecting the wishes of others. Sometimes they might want something that you disagree with. In the area of blocking, their want to end contact takes priority.

7. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Smart batto!

Nah, nothing wrong with personal right of blocking random people (it's a morbid hobby, but I can respect that), I just think the way blocking works on the site is a bit weird and undercooked - like, you can see submissions, but you can't fav them, but what the point? It's not like offender will send you death threats by morse-codding the messages through "+Add To Favorite" button (though that would be amusing), and it won't even restrict bad dudes from reading your userpage and stalking you from a distance.

8. modfox

modfox The poltergheist that haunts the forum

[​IMG]