Browser Hijacking adverts on Mobile

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by seithon, Apr 30, 2017.

1. seithon

seithon New Member

Hey folks,

I've had this happen twice in the last 2 days, an advert loading up (assuming one of the non native FA adverts) and then hijacking my mobile chrome browser to show a full page "scamvert".

It's one of those "you've won a thing, send us a text message (for 7.50) to enter our contest and get it!" which also sends constant phone vibrating popups ontop of the browser hijacking.

The link went to consumer-center.hh6y.press I suggest you guys clean it up asap :)

2. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

If you can, obtain screenshots of the pages (both with the ads, and the redirected pag), complete with URL on show, and send them to dragoneer via his email: dragoneer@furaffinity.net.

To my knowledge he is the one in control of the adverts and by providing that information you can help to track the rogue ad's down.
    If it also occurs on a desktop/laptop, open up element inspector (most browsers hold this under the F12 key) and select the ad, then copy/paste the URL into an email to dragoneer and it will allow him to track it down.

3. seithon

seithon New Member

Will do.

I can confirm its a mobile only advert as it specifically targets mobile users. As soon as I can I'll get a screenshot :)

jayhusky likes this.
  4. FluffyShutterbug

FluffyShutterbug A Foxy Femboy Photographer

Ah... I've been subjected to this misery before; the earliest December, 2014. Still, could be worse. I usually get the ones saying that "Your phone's been badly infected by X amount of virus! Download our app now, or else your phone will die!!!!!!!!!" They even put a frickin' timer on it!!!!!

Raven-Foxx likes this.
  5. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

6. seithon

seithon New Member

finally happened again today, so sent you an email with the details :)

7. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

Just a head's up we've identified one of the sources of these ads and we are trying to work on getting them shut down.