Califur: Who Wants To Make A Furry Movie?

Discussion in 'Furry Conventions' started by Rivercoon, May 17, 2017.

1. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

Open discussion for those who have or are interested in working on furry film projects. Amateur or professional.

6PM Saturday in the Board Room, outside the Dealers Den.

Come join the fun!

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

Oh Furry Jesus, please no. ;~;

Yakamaru likes this.
  3. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Please no Furry movie.

We'll end up with practically only Furries buying it, and the ones who don't like it will end up being shunned by those who do.

4. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

What, you don't like furry movies?

5. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

I don't really like the idea, no.

Furries are cringy enough as it is, mate. We don't need yet another thing to cringe about.

Dmc10398 and Liam The Red like this.
  6. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

You don't want to watch Kaze: Ghost Warrior, Bitter Lake or even Zootopia, no one will force you to.

7. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

Zootopia's a good movie. It's also not a Furry movie. It's a Disney cartoon movie. Just sayin'.

8. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

Why can it not be both? It's about furries. No humans in sight. And don't tell me they were not marketing to us.
    So where do you draw the line? Planet of the Apes? Fritz the Cat? Felidae? Howard the Duck? The Chronicles of Narnia?
    Just because projects discussed at the SIG probably will not lead to a slew of billion dollar blockbusters any attempts at film making are unworthy? I say no.

9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru Animu Wolf

I don't like the idea, but people are free to do whatever they wish. Furries are scrutinized, hated and misunderstood enough as it is, mate.

If or when a movie is made, they are the ones who will have to take in criticism, be it good or bad, and any backlash that might rise. They will have to be prepared for anything that might occur.

But hey, the movie might end up being good. In that case, more power to ya. I might watch it in order to provide criticism, but that's it.

And no. Zootopia was geared towards kids and their parents(perhaps even SJW's and Communists all over the fucking campuses). It's not confirmed that it was geared towards Furries, although it's kinda implied. Unless there's concrete evidence about it, it's nothing but wishful thinking.

10. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

Is this not the case with every movie made, no matter who is doing it?

11. Yvvki

Yvvki Sassy lesser panda.

Is this going to be animated?

12. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

The panel was not a presentation of a particular project but an open forum for people to get together and talk about a variety of project ideas and see what each other are working on. Some discussed were animated some live action. The particular one I've been working on would be live action.

13. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Yvvki

Ohgod.... I'm scared now. ;;

15. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

16. Yvvki

17. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

I got it. I just chose to ignore it.
    There is a couch in the story, but it isn't very comfortable so most people just sit on the floor.

Yvvki likes this.
  18. Yvvki

Ah fair enough. That seems cool. Lol

19. Rivercoon

Rivercoon Member

FYI: The rewrite on the screenplay I've been working on is finished. Now looking for readers to point out plot holes and such.

20. DarkMeW

DarkMeW Member

I had wrote part of a furry movie a long time back. It was a comedy but I lost steam on finishing the script. As I'm not actually a furry, but been involved periodically in the fandom for a long time, I was pretty sure it wouldn't go over well and I couldn't figure out the basics on funding it (this was long before kickstarter was a thing.)

I'd say unless you get funding that could allow you to make it more universally appealing, I wouldn't waste time on it other then practice in writing screenplays.