Can a mod delete a thread?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Phoenix-Kat, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

I made a few threads a few years ago I now regret making about some family issues I was having at the time. I was wondering if it would be possible for a mod to delete them possibly. Yes, I still have issues with my mother, and she WAS abusive (even if she won't admit to it) but I no longer live with her. But I do still love her and don't want her to get in trouble or have people hate her.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2017
  2. Sogreth

Sogreth Local Cuddle Bear and Wannabe Writer

Your best bet would be to edit the threads and remove all the text.

3. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

I'll try that. If I can find them. THANK YOU!

4. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

What about where people quoted me? How do I get rid of that?

5. Sogreth

Nothing you can really do about that. Unless you can manage to contact a mod.
    Notable Members | Fur Affinity Forums - That's a list of all the admins.

6. Ashwolves5

Ashwolves5 Miss Fluffy Bottom

There is a delete option at the bottom next to edit on the parent tread

7. Sogreth

I think you can delete posts, but I don't think that works with the entire thread.

And OP can't exactly delete posts made by other people.

8. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

I did contact some mods.

9. Ashwolves5

Some of mine have the option to delete the thread it even warns you like hey this is going to delete everything when you click this

10. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

Is there a way to do that?

11. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

No one cares about your past issues. You did what was the best to your knowledge at that time, stick to it, no point in trying to change the past

12. Sogreth

I can't find it on any of my threads, but @Ashwolves5 says you can, so there must be a way.

Maybe they don't want that information to be in the public. Obviously OP should never have did it in the first place if that's the case, but it was just a mistake.

13. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

I never should have in the first place, but I was very desperate three years ago...and kinda stupid.

14. Sogreth

Right, and I'm not blaming you. You regret putting that information in public and now you want it off. I completely understand.

15. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

I think that might only apply to threads that have no posts yet.

16. Ashwolves5

Mine had 49 replies on it. I took pics to show where. Then again it might only work on certain sub forums which would be odd and probably should be addressed.

I hope you get it sorted out

Attached Files:

Sogreth likes this.
  17. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

Those look like they were from a phone. Would that really make a difference?

18. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

Those look like those were taken with a phone. I tried to delete my threads with my phone but I couldn't. I didn't have an internet phone when I wrote the threads I want deleted, could that have something to do with it? But then I should I should be able to remove them with a computer. IDK, I PM'd a few mods, maybe they can take care of it....I hope.

Is a "conversation" the same thing as a PM here? If I delete my account will my threads disappear? I don't really post that much here and I honestly hate my user name now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2017
  19. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

Your best form of action is to report the thread by clicking the report button, and state in the message you would like it removed.
    Yes, conversations are the equivalent of PM's on the forum, and while you can "delete" your account, it is a soft deleted and does not remove threads/posts made, unless a full delete is performed by an admin.

20. Phoenix-Kat

Phoenix-Kat Guest

If I report it, do I just tell them I want it removed and why? Isn't the report button reserved for bullying and NSFW stuff?