Can we ban streaming submissions already?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Erethzium, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Erethzium

Erethzium Rawr.

Really frustrating going to the inbox and having half the new submissions just be streaming notices.

Would be much better to just have some kind of indicator on the user's profile that they are/aren't streaming, or restrict streaming notifications to journal posts.

2. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

There are no plans of doing this right now; streaming notification methods/policies may change if/when we get some new submission/notification types for stream and/or sales notifications.

3. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

What about YCH "reminders"? The same 4 or 5 users have been spamming my inbox with the same "reminders" every few hour for the last few days.

Wolveon likes this.
  4. quoting_mungo

quoting_mungo Administrator Staff Member

As per the latest AUP update, as long as they're at least 4 hours apart and follow all other site policies, they're permitted.

5. jayhusky

jayhusky Well-Known Member

If users are happy to run a userscript. I'm working on one which will remove YCH & Stream notifications from the homepage/browse and submission inbox pages.
    This way FA don't need to run out updates to remove it, and the end user can toggle it on and off depending on what they want.

Edit: Published the script online for people to use. Currently only available for Beta UI, but working to bring Classic UI support in next 2 days. The control panel attaches itself to the "User Settings" page on the mainsite, and is auto disabled on pages that require passwords.

Download Link: greasyfork.org: Fa - SubFilter

Preview Image:
    FaSubFilter.png

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  6. Erethzium

Erethzium Rawr.

Oh. Just realized that FilterAffinity works on the beta UI. (though sadly it only functions on the browse pages, not the message center)

well, guess I'll start using the beta UI now

7. Wolveon

Wolveon I swear I will not kill anyone.

How does one go about reporting a submission/member if they're breaking that rule?

8. jayhusky

Go to : User control panel -- Fur Affinity [dot] net and select "AUP Issue (Other) from the dropdown, then fill in all the information, following the on screen instructions.

9. Erethzium

Erethzium Rawr.

That FA stream filter script doesn't seem to be working. I've got a submission in my message center titled "streaming", and it's not filtering it.

10. jayhusky

What browser and script manager are you using?
    Can you send me a PM on the forums with a screenshot of your Developer Console open? You can open it with the F12 button on your keyboard.
    Please make sure you are in your submissions inbox when you open the console and take the screenshot.

Update: Issue with script not working now resolved. Anyone using v0.1 should update to 0.1.1 to fix the issue.

Update #2: Script now updated to work with Classic UI too.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017