Character Design Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Critiques' started by kaewaii, Jan 18, 2017.

1. kaewaii

kaewaii curious scribbler

I'm working on a cast of characters for a comic I plan to start soon. I want the designs to be solid before I start, so I'd love to get feedback on them as I work on them. I'm updating from pre-existing designs.

Mostly I want to be able to make all my characters have differing faces even if they're the same species, and also make sure their clothing and design will be easy to animate (since there will be flash animations included in the format) and interesting/fun to draw (since i'll be drawing them a lot.)

I'll upload a couple that I have a bit to trouble with. Keep in mind that the design is meant to be based on virtual pet characters and therefore some of the animal traits are cutesified for the purpose fo fitting in universe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry about the size stuff. also some of these designs i kinda know some things to fix as far as the face on the last one that needs to be more structured like the other one. if you guys have any tips i'd love to see!

2. Mobius

Mobius Mech pilot.

Those green pants are a tad bit too green.

3. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

I used to have pants much more green than that :p

4. Mobius

Mobius Mech pilot.

image.jpg

Prometheus_Fox likes this.
  5. kaewaii

kaewaii curious scribbler

I'm not actually certain how I ended up with that color, actually. That's definitely part of the changes I wanna make though, hahah.

6. Prometheus_Fox

Prometheus_Fox Fire Thief

Honestly, green and pink are complementary colors.
    The colors accentuate each other, so it's a good palette for a two-tone character.