Chiptune (classics, modern pieces, remixes etc.)

Discussion in 'Music and Audio' started by PlusThirtyOne, Jul 14, 2016.

1. PlusThirtyOne

PlusThirtyOne What DOES my username mean...?

Video game tracks aside, i LOVE chiptune! MOD, GBS, NSF, SPC, VGM, XM, even the classic C64 OceanLoaders .

Here's just a few samples of my favorites artists:
    Lesnik - Radix - Loonie - Maktone -and you can't forget Quazar!

in recent years, retro chiptunes have been used in modern (non chip) music. There are a new great bands out there who use modded NES and Gameboys for percussion and simple synth riffs. Artists like Depreciation Guild come to mind and Kentaro Sakamoto, even Deadmau5 plays with chip. Who are your favorite chippers? Resources for chiptunes in their original formats? Do you know of other bands and artists who prominently use chip in their music?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. TomVaporeon

TomVaporeon Actually a birb

Bossfight and Dunderpatrullen come to mind pretty quickly, though they're more bitpop and bossfight doesn't do that anymore. There's Chipzel too.

3. PlusThirtyOne

Thank you! Adding to playlist nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow. *KLiK* Beautiful stuff.

4. FonzieThSuperWizard

FonzieThSuperWizard AAAAAAAAAAAAYAAA!!! *beats up his keyboard*

Here' s a really good Chiptune mix I found on YouTube. :3

5. Lisyonok_Fox33

Lisyonok_Fox33 Més que un fandom

Yesterday by The Beatles in 8 bit! :D

6. Generic Fox

Generic Fox King of Autotune

I loved chiptune music for quite awhile, going to the extent of building a dedicated microcomputer for playing and producing chiptunes. Given that you seem more devoted than I was, I'm going to assume you have already heard more common artists such as Sabrepulse and Unicorn Kid, opting for more unusual suggestions. Hopefully, you'll like one or more of these songs and possibly other works by these musician as well.

While this last suggestion is by Unicorn Kid, it's one of his less popular works. Honestly though, I'm mostly linking it because it's one of my favorite songs.

7. Karatine

Karatine Call me kittteeeehhhh

What... a chiptune discussion and no mention of Anamanaguchi? I gotta solve that problem.

Also, Slime Girls

Also, Bignic

8. PlusThirtyOne

if i could lose my virginity again i'd happily do so to the sound of 3:38 through 5:20. Just sayin'.