Claustrophobia?

Discussion in 'Fursuiting and Costuming' started by Nova Scarlett, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nova Scarlett

Nova Scarlett "If Music Be the food of love, Play on"!

Hey everyone, I just have a quick question, however my question is would this be factor in a partial suit? If it helps, I'm super comfortable with my paws and tail-they don't bother me.
    Thanks for any insight you can provide on this.

2. Sarachaga

Sarachaga Fromage!

I think, that if you're commissioning for a fursuit head, you could mention that problem to the artists(maybe ask for more space inside/more aeration/more light inside).I'd say it really depends on your level of claustrophobia. I'm claustrophobic but I never had issues wearing masks .

3. Kellan Meig'h

Kellan Meig'h Kilted Coder

I never had issues with claustrophobia but I have wished the first version of my fursuit head had better ventilation. The next one will be resin, based on a sculpt off of a life cast. I will put in channels and vents for cooling air to pass around the sides of the mask and I will try to design it to require no additional foam for shaping. Vac-forming in ABS may also be a possibility.

I would like to do a 3D print of this but alas, I have found out I am no good at programming these things. Plus, I still need the lifecast to 3D scan in.

4. HallowQueen

HallowQueen Candy is dandy~

claustrophobia isn't actually a big problem at all in certain styles of head, provided the airways are nice and open and the vision is good, it's no more restrictive than a fat ski mask.

5. Xaroin

Xaroin Sprsh

As long as it isn't a santa suit you'll be fine

6. YoteFox

YoteFox New Member

Hey there!
    I also have claustrophobia, it only becomes a serious problem if my suit doesn't vent properly as in my own breath comes back to my face and it gets too hot, but the moment I open the mouth a bit for better ventilation the issue disappears.

7. Khazius

Khazius The Fruit Bat

I dont suffer from claustrophobia in a general sense, large crowds make me kinda dizzy tho.

As far as partial Iv been experimenting with the idea of a partial head, like instead of a full helmet style head, just the jaw that can be put on, maybe ears attached to a headset type rig. Just an idea, maybe that can help?

8. Royn

Royn Otterest Sergal evah!

Had high claustrophobia for awhile till cut the intake of dairy products......Now claustrophobias right at the level it should be.

9. Alex K

Alex K Guest

Santa Claus was a myth though why is that so scary to some folks