Code of conduct question

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by FellTheScarfDragon, Jul 13, 2017.

1. I have a question about the code of conduct and wasn't sure who to ask about this. So I'll try here.

In the code there is this paragraph:
    Do not spam.
    This includes registering accounts or posting content automatically, messaging users en masse with ads, posting content that is nonsensical and/or unnecessarily long or page breaking, reblog contests, "spam to win" content, and "watch trains." Do not encourage users to signal boost your content.

Firstly. What's a watch train?

Secondly, if someone were to hold a raffle and just say something like "please feel free to tell your friends about it, but this is not a requirement to enter" and does not ask for journal boosts, is that considered against this code? Or is that allowed.

2. Dragoneer

Dragoneer Administrator Staff Member

A watch train is when somebody posts something like "comment here, and then post a journal to signal boost me and encourage your friends to watch me! After 100 new watchers, I'll do art for someone!" Or maybe they'll do the same, then promise to post back about you.

A random, occasional signal boost for a friend is fine, but requiring others to do it is not.

As for your second question so long as people aren't making a requirement it's not an issue. It's totally fine to be like "Hey guys, if you like my art be sure to tell your friends about me!" but it can be annoying for the community when people post something like "I'll do a full custom commission at random. All you have to do to enter is post a journal and link back to it!" A lot of people will jump for free art, and we've seen some of these hit 100+ follow-up journals.

3. Thank you so much!