Craziest... Nope. Worst RP Moments?

Discussion in 'The Tavern (RP Discussion)' started by dogryme6, Nov 11, 2017.

1. dogryme6

dogryme6 Destructive Faffer

This is a little creative post I decided to make just because I want to hear some wacky RP stories! What's your craziest RP moments?

Screw this. Tell me what your WORST RP moments are.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM
  2. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

I roleplayed I was a wolf one time. I never stopped.

Nimilex, Open_Mind, Ravofox and 3 others like this.
  3. SveltColt

SveltColt Well-Known Member

I kinda find it funny when you said that because you are wearing a wolf costume

4. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

I am a wolf. >;3

5. dogryme6

Silly... Uh, Doggo?

Yakamaru and Dongding like this.
  6. Dongding

Dongding The sheep

Yes...

7. dogryme6

Well, if it works for you.

8. Inkblooded

Inkblooded Active Member

I don't have any "crazy moments" as in "funny and amusing lighthearted moments" but I have some "why would you do that you're embarrassing and awful" moments.

1. In a fantasy-themed Discord RP server, where all characters are original, someone tried to roleplay as various Sonic the Hedgehog characters all in "tight speedos".
    They were all roughly the size of the Empire State Building.
    The user behind this also put a lot of detail in describing how "stinky and musky" their feet were when they tried to step on people's characters.
    Fortunately he ended up leaving/being kicked.

2. In the same Discord server, someone decided to kidnap, strip, and molest the character I was RPing as.
    This user was well known for godmodding and not giving the other person time to deny the action, and this was no exception.
    When I complained, he said it happened in the noncanon channel so "it doesn't count."
    Then there were a handful of other times he touched my, and other people's characters, without consent in-character.

3. Someone on DeviantArt sent me a note asking whether I liked to "grow really tall and crush cities."
    His gallery was full of nothing but naked 3D renderings of giant men crushing cities.
    (This one is kind of funny actually.)

4. My partner and I both joined a casual roleplay server. During one RP session our characters were being affectionate to eachother, like kisses and hugs, no NSFW.
    Then suddenly, one of the long-time members butts in while in character, and starts monologing dramatically about how my partner's character was just using me, and that I should be with him instead. I have no idea where that came from, and I don't think it stayed completely IC.

9. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

Some guy approached me, wanting to RP. I didn't want to, but he didn't get the hint that I wasn't interested.

And so I decided to add "raddish"(yes, radish misspelled intentionally, by the way) into the paragraphs I wrote. Towards the end, the "raddish" was part of the core RP.

I might have given someone a radish fetish as a result.

lyar, Ginza, Balskarr and 5 others like this.
  10. silveredgreen

silveredgreen Determined Dragon

I was once in a rp with a godmodder who's OC was a demon with 15+ forms (each more powerful than the last) and couldn't be injured. Also had an arsenal shoved up his ass somewhere, most being equally as op legendary weapons. Oh also he was the son of Freddy Fazbear and Chica from FNAF. Oh and this person forced my character into highly uncomfortable sexual situations often.

Then there was another rp, much earlier than the other one. It was a dragon rp on a public forum, and the host's character was a complete Mary-sue. The character was a baby dragon who had literally just grown its wings, and already it could pretty much do anything ability-wise (name it, the thing could do it). It was also loved by everyone except my character simply because its super rare and the 'chosen one'. And i ended up getting legit ignored in the rp by the others cuz my character was the only one not super fond of the host's.

Then there was a more recent group rp which was pretty tame for the most part, except there was this one character that went crazy and opened a portal to hell. And then they turned into a demon complete with tentacles sprouting from their back and it was wild.

11. Inkblooded

Inkblooded Active Member

That actually sounds like someone I was RPing with recently.
    It's probably not the same guy because that kind of character is very generic. But I swear, "god-dragons" with limitless power and the inability to be injured or die is everywhere.

12. dogryme6

Oh my god, these are all pretty terrible, but it fits nonetheless...
    1. Well good thing they were banned. Macro combined with feet makes a combination most foul, it's something I'd be quite militantly heavily be against.
    2. Some people just don't get it that they need to keep their hands off, those were your characters... I would not have tolerated such a person whatsoever either.
    3. That doesn't make any sense. It almost sounds like they were trying to "recruit" you into that kind of thing, which... I'm really not a fan of when people do that.
    4. What kind of person just ups and says that in front of you guys? Was he like, jealous?
    I hope none of those were like, absolutely terrible, but particularly #2 was probably so...
    If that actually happened, that'd be hilarious. "Sir, do you need any help? You've been standing here at the radishes for ten minutes..." My god.
    Okay... That also kinda sucks, for those first two. Let's get this straight, people like that need to get their act under control. As for the stupid baby dragon story, I'll never understand what the deal was with those people. Let's get this straight too, if I'm not a fan of what's going on, I don't stick around. If someone's too interested, I go authoritative on their bullshit, and either get them banned or block them. That's how it goes...
    Haah, demon portal. I have a shadow form, but it's not caused by demons so much as a necromancer...
    I really hope I'm not like that at all... /:

Yakamaru likes this.
  13. Yakamaru

Yakamaru I stubbed my log on a car!

Oh, it did happen. It's an NSFW RP though, so I won't share screens. :p

Ginza and dogryme6 like this.
  14. silveredgreen

silveredgreen Determined Dragon

This was back around 2010 so its highly unlikely you've met the same person.

15. Steelite

Steelite Way too much salt and edge

I joined in this RP, thinking it'd be cool and all. The host wanted things to be balanced and not OP, which is perfectly understandable. However, they were more interested in all the other players' OCs at the time (there were only 4-5 in the whole RP anyway), design-wise and power-wise... except me. Kind of put me off, to be honest, because I spent weeks or even months trying to refine my powers based on irl concepts and theories, to make them plausible. I tried to just ignore it and play along, but eventually felt like I was ignored.

Things got bad when I left the server : I got called out by the host of that RP, an immortal being that alters the orbit of the sun and moon (or her world and the moon, I don't remember) to regulate the flow of day and night.

That "immortal" person also called me "scummy" for stealing ideas from video games (to be specific : the shouts from Skyrim) and claiming them as my own, but it's more like I applied my own ideas of using the infrasound and ultrasound to make effects like those shouts from the original game. Nope, that person didn't listen, and gave me a scold about it.
    When I thought we were done with that topic, I told them about my troubles with RPs in general because english isn't my native language and I often have troubles trying to get the real ideas of the whole deal... they called me "manipulative" for trying to "talk my way out of it". I was really fed up with talking to them anymore, all I could think of was "bitch please ?", but I still tried to explain myself. Nope, they didn't listen either.

When I left for good, a 2nd player in the server PM'd me, and it went like this :
    I felt like I was getting all the bad luck from my previous life or shit, and just ignored them.

I talked to the 3rd player in that RP about that, and they laughed at my face for being salty. Like, sure, someone salted my fucking wounds and now you laugh at me having a goddamn attitude about it.

I pretty much gave up trying to compete with anyone in any sort of RP from there on, to be honest.

16. Balskarr

Balskarr New Member

I am surprised and also saddened to hear that the majority of people here have had just simply bad experiences instead of crazy fun moments.

I haven't actually been RPing for all too long but I've already had so many experiences that have had me laughing my ass off.

17. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

I was in a seemingly normal RP once until someone said he was sitting in a soggy diaper with a Bad Dragon up his ass. I never RP'd since...

18. dogryme6

(Augh... This is why people... ///sicken/// me. They don't let creativity flow, they're all bigoted selfish stupid idiots. Agh, cmon now, gotta get a grip, they can't all be that bad... Last thing I want to do is go shadow at the worst possible moment and become enemies with people.)
    They should've been way more accepting of you. It's kind of as I said, either here or in another thread, I don't stick around when things go south. Let's face it, that whole group didn't like you and you should've just left as soon as possible to try finding another, better group. Especially if they thought it was funny that the leader didn't like you. Seriously, I Hate people like that.
    Trying to stay optimistic... It's not working. I doubt you would have found anyone else that was accepting. OH LOOK THE MAIN THINGS FURRIES ARE ADVERTISED FOR BEING (Accepting) IS WRONG! WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING HUUUH?!
    Yeah, that's also a shame. I was hoping for hearing silly, funny RP moments, not all this ///Hatred.///

That's disgusting. I hope the whole RP wasn't like that.

19. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

It wasn't, but when things get that level of weird, I'm out.

20. Steelite

I was trying to be patient, and obviously wasted a few days of my lifetime.
    I never thought things could go THAT bad... I stood corrected, the hard way.

21. dogryme6

Welp people suck then. Try again with a different group, I swear, you should have better luck. That's what I really hope. But if it doesn't... Then people truly suck.

22. Steelite

On top of that, I tried to be a blacksmith for the RP... but the host's idea has this one part that made me feel really discouraged.
    They said weapons found by players should not be as good as the ones sold by NPCs.
    I was really tempted to ask them if they had any designs they made themselves, to cover for the ones made by the NPCs in the RP, because I was the only one in that whole server (at least until when I left) that could design weapons for shit, and my own sona. The others had their OC refs/arts commissioned or requested, or straight up from a video game, while laughing at me on their elitist ass.

23. dogryme6

What jackasses. I REALLY REALLY swear people aren't that...
    Screw this. I'm not okay anymore. People really suck now.

*Team Member acquired: The Shadow Dragon.*

24. Diretooth

Diretooth Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope

So many weird and fucked up stories, I should add something weird, but funny.
    So, last month, I was getting ready to leave for Iowa to visit my grandma, and thus had my Kobold character going off to help other Kobolds. The day I was to leave got extended, and since half of the group was gone for one reason or another, I decided that since the DM was going to have a semi-canon session, why not?
    It was me, the Kobold Warlock, Keeta Tarrol; Wilton, the Halfling Ranger; Douzark, the Dragonborn Bard, and Alterness, the Aasimar Paladin, and we'd all woken up to find ourselves in our tavern room, except we were itty bitty. Half of the session was spent trying to get out of various situations, since Keeta sleeps on the floor with his Wolf familiar, Kaidaka, he was already in an advantageous spot. Also fortunately, Kaidaka was still as big as he normally is. After some shenanigans and getting everyone together, we discover a hole in the wall, and thinking it's related to our current situation, we go in.
    So we're traveling through the walls of the tavern, the sounds of laughter and drinking slowly getting louder, and we step into a smaller tavern within the tavern. It's full of rats, they are drinking, and Keeta, who lives in a burrow where they raise Dire Rats for their meat, is feeling pretty confident about their current situation. We walk up to the bartender, who inevitably gives us a quest to retrieve their decorative tent from some gnomes who stole it. Kobolds, to the uninitiated, fucking HATE gnomes, so Keeta's raring to go.
    We go through some tunnels, and Keeta's taking point, blasting Gnome traps as best as he can, until he gets caught in what amounts to fly paper. Gnomes are coming, and Keeta point blank tells the others to burn the thing holding him. I take fire damage, but I'm free to fight.
    Thus is born Keeta Tarrol, Gnome Slayer. Throughout the fight, I'm using Eldritch Blast to keep crowd control, splitting up the beams to knock two gnomes back, as well as taking great delight in killing them. In the end, one runs away, and the other surrenders. I use intimidate, not one of my proficient skills, but I roll so well on them that I terrify the gnome, and convince him to take us to his leader.
    So we get going, he disables traps under threat of Keeta, and we get to the leader. The leader tells us, after Keeta intimidates the entire room full of Gnomes into submission, that they are simply stealing underpants for profit. Everyone is silent. "Underpants." Says Alterness "Yes." Comes the reply. "You're stealing underpants." "For profit!" None of us were expecting this, but since it was semi-cannon, we just went with it. "And what exactly is your plan for this?" Asks Alterness. "Step one: Steal the Underpants. Step two:" The DM pauses for a few beats, then continues, "Step Three: Profit!"
    Turns out, the 'tent' stolen from the rats is this fucking rank pair of underpants. After using Prestidigitation to clean a handhold for Alterness because he's never dealt with rank and filthy clothing before (Keeta, living in a crowded burrow, is used to it.) and we drag it to the rats. The barkeeper brings out this massive coin, Douzark, being a native of the place we're at, recognizes it not only as an an antique coin, but one worth a fortune. We go to receive it, and the rat drops it on us, crushing us. And then we wake up, the others in the tavern, and Keeta in a tent far away from him.
    And that is the story of Keeta Tarrol: Gnome Slayer.

dogryme6 likes this.
  25. Diretooth

Diretooth Dire Wolf and Dragon Therianthrope

That all being said, we should all get together and play some D&D, maybe we'll have a fun time or something.