Death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aleksion, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

How you deal with the fact that you are going to die? It's one thing to see others dying and to die yourself. I can easily get over someone else death, but when the time comes to me and it will come, I don't know, I will panic. I just can't accept it, it makes me feel anxious.

2. Flipster00

Flipster00 New Member

For me it's a bit different. My health has never been great but in the last 10 years or so it's been getting interesting to say the least. And I've always known that I probably wouldn't have very a long life and it honestly never bothered me. But now I have a kid and it's been freaking me out non stop lately.

3. Orcashia

Orcashia Blue Orca

Instead of concentrating on the eventual, concentrate on leaving behind a legacy for family and friends and the world that will keep you 'alive' for ever. Dying is just your body leaving this world. But what you leave behind of yourself is what will be remembered in those who knew you, for ever.

For me, I know I have left a good part of me that will be remembered long after I'm no longer living on this earth.

4. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

Why would it matter what people think about you, when you're dead? I don't care what others think about me now when I'm still alive

5. Orcashia

Orcashia Blue Orca

I don't care what people think of me. I am only leaving my mark on the world to give them insight to things 'I' learned. Passing that knowledge onto others. Whether others believe it or not doesn't matter to me. Whether others like me or not, doesn't matter to me. For me, I did my best for me while I am here. Knowledge is a powerful thing whether we are alive or not. Knowledge continues even when we are gone.

So, don't do things for others approval. Do them for yourself. For what YOU think about yourself. I've learned things while on this earth while I'm alive. I pass that knowledge on. What others do with it is their business. Doesn't matter to me one way or another. If it helps them, fine. If it doesn't, that is fine as well. I did something that makes ME feel good about MYSELF.

Living is about YOU. Not anyone else.

6. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

I really don't care what happens after me. REALLY. Things matter only when I'm alive. It's a very egocentric view of the world.

7. Orcashia

Orcashia Blue Orca

Everyone has a right to their own opinions.

KageSakuraclown likes this.
  8. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

I die when I die

9. Reyna Malone

Reyna Malone Like "Molly Malone"

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a prick, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. To me, you might as well have said "when I eat, I eat". Would you care to elaborate on this point?

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Well-Known Member

I live, I die, I live again! See you in VALHALLA!!!

11. MadKiyo

MadKiyo Villainous Fly

Just as I cannot know my life any other way, I would not know death any other way. A sense of fulfillment is something I intend to accomplish before I die. I don't fear death, I fear my missed opportunity.

ReeseDobie likes this.
  12. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

Whatever kills you kills you. Nothing you can do about it so all that's left is to live how you want to live and not worry about fate

13. Fallowfox

Fallowfox T-Tauri

I think you have a fair point that, since death is unavoidable, worrying about it too much is futile.
    I can get on board with that, although it doesn't resolve all of the worries I have about death, like 'will it hurt?'. Realising that death might be nasty, and that trying to avoid death will ultimately prove futile, is the reason that many people are afraid of it.

14. Refusion

Refusion Fur Gamer

I don't normally worry about dying, because if you do you start worrying about all the small facts and get all depressed,
    Instead of taking life in a stride and enjoying it while you can.

15. Haru Totetsu

Haru Totetsu New Member

A friend and I made a promise. I'm still scared to die but that promise comforts me.

16. aloveablebunny

aloveablebunny Well-Known Member

Honestly... ever since I became aware of my own mortality when I was younger, it has periodically freaked me out. I am not a religious person, although a lot of my family is. I fear death because I don't want all that I've experienced while alive and conscious to just "end" and cease to exist.

Lately, I've been going through a funk... I think what set it off was one of my beloved cats getting a cancer diagnosis, and then the day came where he was suffering too much and I made the decision to end his life. Having him not be around anymore, after almost 7 years of his constant presence and comfort through all of the bad things I had been through, was/is really tough to deal with. My mother's health is also declining, and we had a discussion last year where she wanted me to be her medical power of attorney, should she be hospitalized and can't make decisions for herself. The thought of her not being here one day leaves me feeling panicky and scared.

Talking about this right now is kind of making me a little emotional... I lost my grandpa when I was about 17 years old, and since it's been about 10 years now, it's just weird. The best way I can describe the feeling of the deaths of the beings close to me is empty and quiet. I may not be religious, but I think I am a little spiritual... in the way that I believe all living beings have a spirit/soul/energy, and when their material bodies die, that spirit/soul/energy has to go somewhere. I was desperately hoping that once my beloved cat passed away, his soul would stick around for a little while in my world... but it hasn't, and often I really feel the quiet/emptiness that he left behind.

I know that death is inevitable. It does not make it any less scary to think about... or any easier to "accept". It's kind of like the constant elephant in the room... and it's left me with some pretty heavy depressed feelings within the last few months, that I am trying hard to work through.

17. omenxcrow

omenxcrow New Member

I have fully accepted death. I have been surrounded by it since I was a child and had to accept it from a very young age. Just as much as birth I see it as a natural transition in life. It doesn't scare me in the slightest. What scares me is suffering, the leading up to death, such as an illness or injury that inevitably ends up being fatal.
    It is natural to fear death because it is in our and all other animals best interest to stay alive, it's the most basic of instincts so our brains and bodies will do their best to remain integral to living. Nobody knows what is beyond, but even if it is still black nothingness, then it will be a well deserved rest from this hustle and bustle of a complex life.

18. aloveablebunny

Yes! Like the absence of someone when they go out of town for a trip or something, but they're not coming home... it's easier to deal with my grandpa's death since it's been so long, but I am still struggling with the death of my kitty and it's been over 3 months. I have two other animals, but it's just a weird quiet/empty feeling sometimes. I had my kitty cremated and so I have his ashes in a nice wooden box on my bookshelf, I also have a mini urn necklace that I put a small tuft of his fur into... I will put that necklace on and also go just put my hand on his box of ashes whenever I feel really overwhelmed by his absence, sometimes it helps me to get through it.

19. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

It's easy for you to say this when you're still young and planning to live for many years. What if a doctor told you you're terminally ill and have 6 months to live? Would you still be meh, I'm going to die sooner or later anyway? People opinions are quick to change when death in breathing down their necks.
    Dying is not painful at all, it's like falling asleep and never waking up. The events which will lead to it might not be pleasant, but you usually can speed things up.

20. aloveablebunny

Thank you <3 It gets better as time goes on, but he sure did leave a hole in my heart.

I am just grateful that I have two other furballs to share my love and attention with.