Death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aleksion, Mar 16, 2017.

1. LupusFamilia

LupusFamilia Lupo the non-Lupolic Hard Rock Lupain

My condolence then, 3 months is extremely close for such a lost.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    aloveablebunny likes this.
  2. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

It's easy for you to say this when you're still young and planning to live for many years. What if a doctor told you you're terminally ill and have 6 months to live? Would you still be meh, I'm going to die sooner or later anyway? People opinions are quick to change when death in breathing down their necks.
    Dying is not painful at all, it's like falling asleep and never waking up. The events which will lead to it might not be pleasant, but you usually can speed things up.

3. aloveablebunny

aloveablebunny All hail the Almighty Floof!

Thank you <3 It gets better as time goes on, but he sure did leave a hole in my heart.

I am just grateful that I have two other furballs to share my love and attention with.

4. LupusFamilia

Yes that always seem to make the things better. Myself never had pets til now but our fams friends recently lost their dog, rocky. We weren't suprised since he was old like a stone(i guess he made it 13 years) but its still a lost. However, not even 1 month later they bought a new dog and were so happy about it they almost seemed to forgot rocky.
    I for myself cant quite explain this, nut it seems to work to just replace/detour your, lets call it "love", to another one

5. Saiko

Saiko GTWT Survivor

Besides the typical concerns about pain, I'm not particularly worried about it. I do what I can to avoid it, and I do what I can to leave my mark. As long as I can finish my degree and leave that mark, I'll be fine.

Also, the neat thing about permanently losing consciousness is that you can't actually experience it. I find it plausible that our experience of death will be asymptotic - always approaching that final moment but never actually reaching it.

6. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Totally Customized Title

I have a long life ahead of me, so I don't worry about it too much. When my time comes, I won't know it.

...Hopefully...

7. LupusFamilia

I have a ask of own interrdt to this theme.
    Do you all ever felt like waiting for death? Felt like youre in a kind of empty space between the light of life and the ever dark space of death? Like some little box that divides the both, ya know?
    Do there were days you felt like this? Like be in this box?

8. Sergei Sóhomo

Sergei Sóhomo Well-Known Member

No not really. I've been close to death before and it didn't change my disposition

And mate, I'm close to 30. Don't give me that young bullshit.

9. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka New Member

Gave up hope that any help was coming after suffering through a horrible 7 year siege. I fought tooth and nail, never giving up, suffering through trial after trial, loss after loss, throwing everything I had to try and find a way out of that fucking siege, but it wore me out, and one day I broke down and decided that I was done fighting for a future I was apparently not allowed to have.

After I swallowed a combination of pills I knew would kill me easily, I went and laid down in bed, and I remember saying outloud. "Lord, I am sorry I have failed you. Please forgive me, for what I have just done even though I know I deserve none, but my war is over. Despite the hell I was in I still had faith in God, was raised Catholic.

Then I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep.

My heart stopped shortly after and I died. Luckily for me I was only dead for I think 4 minutes before my neighbors who were checking up on me found me and I was brought back. I remember EVERYTHING vivdly about the whole deadening process and what I saw. Ask me anything.

and boy was I fucking PISSED when I woke up in the ambulance, I yelled at almost every EMT who was working on me because I wanted to die lol, I didn't wanna stay in this miserable life.

Survived with some liver and brain damage. Personally I believe I made the right choice at the time in regards too taking my life. I had every right too, I was suffering and there was no way out. Inb4 "what about your family?!?!" During the Siege I got to witness most of them die horribly. I still suffer with PTSD, Treatment Resistant Depression, ADHD, Dopamine Deficiency Disorder and like 5 other bullshit issues. Lol now i'm studying Neuroscience, working as a Medical Attendant.

10. Aleksion

Aleksion They killed me

If I was that neighbor I'm not sure if I called 911 or just stud there watching you die. It takes a lot of courage to finally do it, it would be selfish to force you to go all over this again, because I didn't want to feel guilty. But it looks like his decision was the lucky one after all. Can I ask you why you didn't finish what you've started? You were really destined to put yourself at peace.

11. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka New Member

Oh I was fucking pissed, however some strange shit happened when I was dead, and when I came back I realized that I was sent back with orders, because I couldn't get them out of my head for months afterwards. So now I figure i'm stuck here with a purpose and I have shit I was told to do. What is even creepier, is the fact that once I was given a second chance.

Shit dramatically improved...like....scarily improved and I began seeing signs.

I swear to God the Creator is trolling the shit out of us.

12. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka New Member

I swear to God, being "The Chosen One" better get me fucking laid and some badass artwork or i'm going right back upto the creator

and imma bap him with my tiny bappin paws.

Right in the SNOOTER

13. LupusFamilia

Haha if this time comes wait for me, i also have a bill to deal with this asshole!

14. Kezi Avdiivka

Kezi Avdiivka New Member

WHITE TIGER KITTEN KEANU REAVES FROM THE MATRIX, FUCK YEAH

15. pippi

pippi Stinky Skunk

There's nothing to get over, once you're dead, your fear is gone. You will no longer be aware, nor will you be able to get over it or not get over it.

I've almost died before. It was this flight or fight thing that took over, kinda. Everything just went numb, I didn't have time to feel anything. I had a choice to make in that moment, and that was about the only thing that was real at that point.

16. LupusFamilia

seems like i missed somthing while watching Matrix? o.ö

17. Simo

Simo Skunk

I have this odd worry that death will be very boring. Like, you're just laying there, and can't do anything, and nothing happens, and, well, it's boring.

It would be nice, though, if you could design your own personal heaven...maybe I'll do this, as a writing project! Will probably be NSFW...

18. Laugh Kita

Laugh Kita Welp...this is my life now

I'm more curious than anything. I've already accepted the fact that one day I will die. Things will keep moving forward an life will continue to be renewed everyday. I've grown curious as to truly what happens next if anything. Regardless of what I personally believe I just don't know. I'm in no rush to find out for the moment though.

19. OtterScience

OtterScience New Member

*Reading the name of the thread* Yes, please.

20. aloveablebunny

aloveablebunny All hail the Almighty Floof!

Well for me, my 2nd cat I've had only about 6 months less than I had my old boy who passed away. So she's been in my life almost just as long, and she has had to get used to a) being by herself all day while my roommate and I are at work and b) getting all the attention/cuddles/playtime from me since she's the "only cat" now. I spent a lot of time caring for my old kitty, as he had kidney disease and required a lot of attention. He also was the super cuddler and kind of always wanted to be laying on me or near me when I was at home. Now my other kitty has been more and more affectionate and seeking me out all the time... I guess I wouldn't call it "forgetting" about the one who passed away, but rather now giving all my love and attention to my other kitty and my bunny too. I still have moments when I start thinking too much about my old guy and I get really sad and take a little while to cry and to lament his absence.

Having other animals to care for does help in the grieving/healing process. I can never have a home without animals <3