Decisions, Decisions...

Discussion in 'Fursuiting & Costuming' started by Belatucadros, May 14, 2017.

1. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Vance the Gryphon!

How do you choose what fursona you want to be made into a fursuit when you have so many you like? I would love to get a suit made of my main fursona, which is a gryphon, but I hear a lot of people say that you should never use your main fursona for a fursuit just in case you decide to change something. We all know how much fursonas change over time...

My other option would definitely be a sergal, but I can't get past that feeling of really wanting to be my MAIN fursona: the one that represents me. But then again Sergals are pretty badass... God damnit. Anyone else go though this dilemma as well? Thanks.

2. Aces

Aces Member

The biggest question I have for you is why you want to Fursuit. For the sake of playing a character, or are you doing it to bring *your* character to life? Have you firsuited before? I'm no wxpert, but that's what I've picked up as key features.

3. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Vance the Gryphon!

No, I have never fursuited. That's a tough one actually. I think it would be awesome to bring my main character to life, and that's the primary reason why I would like to use my gryphon. Because it gives you that feeling of "this is who I would be if I wasn't human." But I'm sure that I would equally enjoy playing a character that isn't based off of myself. If anything, it would be very fun to play a completely different personality and just get away from myself for a bit - to be a different individual in other words.

4. Yakamaru

Yakamaru No "Awooo'ing" allowed

Changes? IMO, people have several Fursonas because they couldn't get it right the first time. I've seen people with 10+ Fursonas. Makes me wonder if they either like making shit they won't be satisfied with, or are simply collecting Fursonas.

As for fursuiting, I wouldn't mind it if it weren't exact like my Fursona in the future. The fursuit represents your Fursona at the time. I wouldn't consider it a waste of time, because you spent time, energy and money on it.

You can of course look BACK and say "I probably shouldn't have spent money on that". But are you fine with only planning but never getting what you want at the time?

Worst case scenario, try to find someone who can buy the fursuit and Fursona?

Belatucadros likes this.
  5. Aces

Aces Member

You can also look into refurbishing fursuits- Griffins are especially flexible. Change ears,the mouth, wings, tail, etc. Changes don't have to be a big deal.